• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Goku (Buu Saga) upgrade

Since the 50x multiplier has been accepted for Super Saiyan, Base Form Goku should backscale from his SSJ currently at Large Star+

Super Saiyan Goku = 1.116*10^45 Joules
Base Form Goku = 2.23200E43 Joules (Still Large Star Level)

"Is it consistent?"

Yes. Goku was Star Level before the 7 year timeskip, even if we assume it's just the baseline, which it's not, it's only a 5.6x difference. It's pretty believable he got ~6x stronger after training for 7 years, which is pretty low for Power Progression in Dragon Ball.

Base Form Goku should be Large Star Level on Buu Saga

The feat was debunked.

In the film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, coming out in March 2013, a new god, the “God of Destruction”, appears. In this [book], Kaiō-sama and Kaiōshin-sama are described as “Gods of Creation”, but do they have the power to create things like planets?
Rather than Kaiōshin-sama making planets, he is able to provide the impetus for them to be born. Also, he will sometimes divide up one planet and increase the number of planets. He will even do things like create life-forms, or transplant them from another planet, but his basic job is to watch over the numerous planets. Because the number of planets is so very large, the four Kaiō-sama help him out as well. They intervene if it appears that the world’s balance will crumble, but normally, they merely act in an advisory role for new life-forms, and don’t get involved. In order to provide a balance to the constantly increasing number of planets, the God of Destruction destroys [them], but he does not act on Kaiōshin’s orders; he destroys according to his own individual judgment. Except, he is capricious, so he will destroy even an important world without a second thought, or when he finds it bothersome, let someone else act as an agent of destruction.​

Yes, there are arguments for Large Star Level Base Goku here:

I forgot to mention that the stat blog for DB scales like this.
  • Gohan also got stronger due to a zenkai boost from Majin Buu and healing, and was strong enough to lift the Z Sword in base form while Shin implied he himself couldn't. Gohan further grew much stronger upon training with the Z Sword. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 596.4c and >>> 11.41 Foe. Scales to the base forms of Buu saga Goku and Vegeta. Goku tanked a point blank sword strike from the Z Sword. Everyone who can break Katchin or Kajuu Katchin is also much stronger given the Z Sword couldn't even scratch it.
I have now decided that this is the thread for it.
Base Goku is superior to Base Gohan, therefore, this also applies to him.

Last edited:
Which Goku? After his training for Buu? Anyways this is straightforward. There can only really be counters to the second point from the way I look at it.

NOOOOO stop downplay. base gohan is already stronger than shin and can lift the z sword in base, and this scales above his SSJ2 state which struggled with this lifting it initially, which means that base gohan surpassed dabura and perfect cell, and base Goku scales to this gohan, so base Goku should be large star+.

NOOOOO stop downplay. base gohan is already stronger than shin and can lift the z sword in base, and this scales above his SSJ2 state which struggled with this lifting it initially, which means that base gohan surpassed dabura and perfect cell, and base Goku scales to this gohan, so base Goku should be large star+.
But if Base Gohan = SSJ2 Gohan.... Then Base Goku = Solar System 😳

SSJ2 Gohan scales to dabura who scales to cell who's large star+, there is a thread trying to upgrade dabura to SPC but it isn't over yet, so if that gets accepted then yes, base Goku is solar system level.
Oh shit, you're serious...

This isn't the thread for this, I do not agree with Base Goku at Large Star Level+ by scaling lifting strength
Do it when this is over, let's do it one step at the time.

Oh shit, you're serious...

This isn't the thread for this, I do not agree with Base Goku at Large Star Level+ by scaling lifting strength
Do it when this is over, let's do it one step at the time.
I forgot to mention that the stat blog for DB scales like this.
  • Gohan also got stronger due to a zenkai boost from Majin Buu and healing, and was strong enough to lift the Z Sword in base form while Shin implied he himself couldn't. Gohan further grew much stronger upon training with the Z Sword. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 596.4c and >>> 11.41 Foe. Scales to the base forms of Buu saga Goku and Vegeta. Goku tanked a point blank sword strike from the Z Sword. Everyone who can break Katchin or Kajuu Katchin is also much stronger given the Z Sword couldn't even scratch it.
I have now decided that this is the thread for it.

Too bad, you're not the one to make the decision.

We're arguing the current accepted ratings being incorrect due to the accepted multiplier going both ways

I agree with this, especially since 4-C Base Goku is based on absolutely nothing
I believe it's backscaling from his SSJ form as well? We have some statements that Goku got 2x stronger than before at the very least, as half his power was already far beyond anyone in the Android Saga, so High 5-A+ x2 = 4-C

Also, should the same be apply to Cell Saga Base Goku? Perfect Cell too scale above Shin, due of Dabura stated to be comparable to the former.

And 4th Grade SSj Cell Saga Goku does somewhat scale to Perfect Cell, so he shouldn't be that weaker than Shin in comparation.

By the way, isn't Shin be around 1.1293529e45 J rather than 1.11600e45 J? Due of the correction made by DarkDragonMedeus in the blog?

EDIT:

Would this affect Speed as well? since we will have to assume that Cell Saga Goku would have surpass his Frieza Saga counterpart.

At least Massively FTL, likely Massively FTL+ in Base, which in turn would put him at fully Massively FTL+ via SSj1 Form.

Frieza Saga SSj1 Goku (>596c, likely 1490c) <<< Cell Saga Base Goku <<< Cell Saga SSj1 Goku (>29800c, likely 74500c).

Last edited:
Also, should the same be apply to Cell Saga Base Goku? Perfect Cell too scale above Shin, due of Dabura stated to be comparable to the former.

And 4th Grade SSj Cell Saga Goku does somewhat scale to Perfect Cell, so he shouldn't be that weaker than Shin in comparation.

By the way, isn't Shin be around 1.1293529e45 J rather than 1.11600e45 J? Due of the correction made by DarkDragonMedeus in the blog?
I hear even the correction is like, OLD AF.

The entire feat of creating celestial bodies would have to be re-done from scratch.

I agree with that, but I wanted to do one step at the time.

Back