• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

i do not know how upscaling works in this site and im sad that i dont
its simplification time.

Little Timmothy picks a fight with me. Little Timmothy has a feat of destroying mount rushmore which we'll assume to be 6-C for this example. In the fight I utterly stomp Little Timmy's existence. I upscale from Timmothy. Now lets say Timmothy's mount rushmore feat is super high end 6-C+ and is really close to High 6-C. Since I horrendously stomped Timmy and Timmy is super close to High 6-C, I can be safely assumed to be rated at High 6-C, though we would assume my High 6-C to be borderline.

Also throwing it out here that now, the gap needed for an upscale is a 1.2x difference or lower. (It used to be 1.5x or lower).

It ain't officially stated, it's more a general consensus among staff from what I gather

Unless you're talking about the spine ripping feat
Indeed.

What pisses me more off is rather than making the Killers' pages look unique, they are literally all the same thing, just with different images and titles. Why not just compile them into a "The Killer (Dead by Daylight)" page, just like the myriad of "The Player" pages and the XCOM soldiers? The only thing that distinguishes them from each other in-game are their powers, and their lore holds zero weight on anything outside of itself.

Indeed.

What pisses me more off is rather than making the Killers' pages look unique, they are literally all the same thing, just with different images and titles. Why not just compile them into a "The Killer (Dead by Daylight)" page, just like the myriad of "The Player" pages and the XCOM soldiers? The only thing that distinguishes them from each other in-game are their powers, and their lore holds zero weight on anything outside of itself.
The spine ripping can translate to LS. All survivors can wiggle out of the Wraith's grasp with some effort so they scale to him and then all killers scale to them. It makes sense

I think there was a CRT about how all perks can be shared to all killers due to the canonicity of the bloodweb which resulted in all killers having the same perk-based abilities.

As for lore, the spine ripping feat came from lore

SImplify? Tons is far more alien to me than raw joules if you ask me, so I end up appreciating more when raw joule values are mentioned.
While we are on that, metric system differences also tend to be annoying (Aka, meters to feet, kilos to pounds, etc) for similar reasons.
The AP system is designed to fit Tons of TNT more than joules, so I get why people prefer it more. It's better if the blog results has X Joules, Y Tons of TNT though.

Same thing with metric system vs imperial. Metric is easier to understand and remember since it's uniform and divisible by 10, like 1 meter to 100 centimeter, or 1 kilometer to 1000 meters. Instead of imperial having 69 footlongs to 420 sausages or whatever.

Petty drama between two or more users, that's it.

Trying to add an ability/scan/source to a character's profile, but the editor's link function refuses to work.

Yeah, verses with a ton of characters that all scale from the same exact feat are annoying.
the problem is lack of calculations for most verses. Not every verse is dragon ball unfortunately, so getting calcs is... almost impossible most of the time. So, that's why we got no other choice but to create a scaling chain from just one feat. Which sucks, but its the only alternative.

how do I learn to calc?

Calculating feats isn't really difficult to learn.
It's just tiresome to do unless you really have the energy and enthusiasm for it.
I've seen people who just do it haphazardly.

It also depends on what feats you're calculating, the difficulty varies.

My current main pet peeves are the remaining profile pages that have no justifications for their statistics and abilities, that we did not start to systematically use reference sections far earlier than we did, that it is very uncommon that fan images give credit to the artists that originally created them, and that the Marvel and DC Comics profile pages are largely still an incoherent chain-scaling mess, even though we wrote an instruction page to avoid that several years ago.

I also wish that we had applied regular proper grammar rules for our profile page statistics sections, and used "level" instead of "Class" for striking strength sections back when we had the chance. Currently we are stuck with partially nonsense standards in these regards for the sake of consistency.

However, I am glad that our members are generally trying to be comparatively nice and respectful to each other compared to other online social media, forums, and battleboard communities, and that we make continuous efforts to collaborate a lot for the improvement of our wiki.

Last edited:
I've recently been trying to find APs for versus threads, and it's given me some new pet peeves already.

1.) Profiles with no calculation linked either on the profile or the verse page

2.) Calculation blogs which make me sift through the comments to find the accepted end

3.) Characters whose justification is part of a long diverging and sometimes circular scaling chain

4.) Characters whose rating has either no or very poor justification

5.) Characters whose calculation is part of a massive catch-all blog, or an off-site blog

And finally, the worst:

6.) Characters who were supposed to be changed from a CRT but never were

Last edited:
9/10 times that probably means they're just baseline.
And that's the assumption I make, but recently I did that only for someone to tell me that actually they do have an accepted value, it's just in a CRT thread that was never added to the justifications on their profile.

Being treated unfairly and as a liar and be accused of things that you didn't and be accused of breaking rules despite that you didnt broke it at all
Something tells me this complaint is about something which happened recently...

One thing that peeves me off, personally, is that a lot of pages based on much older manga are low maintenance and outdated — no scans, rating that link to Naruto Forums, low quality images and/or renders, and just generally lacking in both content and presentation; Ranma Saotome, Alita, Conan Edogawa, Souichiro Nagi, Tetsuo Shima, and Shotaro Kaneda are some examples that come to mind.

Although, it does not look like new gen manga fare any better.

One thing that peeves me off, personally, is that a lot of pages based on much older manga are low maintenance and outdated — no scans, rating that link to Naruto Forums, low quality images and/or renders, and just generally lacking in both content and presentation; Ranma Saotome, Alita, Conan Edogawa, Souichiro Nagi, Tetsuo Shima, and Shotaro Kaneda are some examples that come to mind.

Although, it does not look like new gen manga fare any better.
We are currently trying to improve on the above-mentioned Akira pages:

Also, the Detective Conan pages are not of significantly bad quality as far as I recall.

The Alita and Ranma pages could definitely be improved though, yes.

Back