• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Battle of Gods, but I have a good argument :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

Beerus and Champa threatening to destroy both Universes 6 and 7 during their brief confrontation during the Tournament of Destroyers Saga has been considered a Tier 2 feat for ages at this point; in fact, after some discussion, the two of them were eventually given essentially a Low 2-C+ rating, because no one could determine whether or not they were just really high into Low 2-C or just really low-end 2-C characters. However, there is a reason that their feat is considered a Tier 2 feat, in spite of time never being mentioned. This is because the two of them were threatening to destroy two universes simultaneously. The assumption is: "Since their destruction would extend to an entirely separate dimension, logically they would have to affect their space-time continua". And, to some, it is a sound argument—I don't ******* understand it, but it seems fine to an outsider.

That being said though, for the same reason Beerus and Champa's feat is considered Tier 2, Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Tier 2 rather than 3-A.

The level of destruction

As everyone knows at this point, a Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus, as purported by several sources, both in-universe and out, were threatening to destroy Universe 7 during their battle, most notably during their equal force clash. Now, a certain knowledgeable someone might be quick to comment that, "Elder Kai said they would only destroy the matter within the universe", but I would challenge that with the numerous statements of absolute and total erasure of the universe.

That original statement was an estimation made by Elder Kai before their battle and their powers escalated further. Once he realized how severe the situation truly was with Goku and Beerus gradually growing stronger as the battle went on, he went from "The two of them would reduce every planet and galaxy to space dust" to "The universe is completely done for".

All of this points to the entirety of the universe would be reduced to nothing—"disappear", as Toei's official summary of the episode puts it.

Of course, this would include the Other World, the Sacred World of the Kai, and everything in-between; we know for a fact that this would affect the Sacred World of the Kai, because Elder Kai feared the destruction would reach himself and Kibito Kai, and we see the explosion caused by Goku and Beerus' later energy struggle reach them.

And now, we've hit the fun part.

How does this relate to the Beerus and Champa feat?

The Dragon World (in general)

The Living World

Demon Realm

Other World (in general)

Kaio Realm

Yemma Realm

Sacred World of the Kai

To sum it all up: The Other World is a transcendent, spiritual world—hermetically sealed off from the Living World, a lower realm compared to them, and completely blocked off from the Living World, with only the dead and those permitted by the gods being able to access it. The only reason the "extra-dimensional" and "higher realm" jargon was brought up was to emphasize the point that the Other World does not operate under the same space-time continuum as the Living World—that claim is absolutely silly. Not only is the Other World considered a world beyond the Living World, but they are stated numerous times to be completely separate from the Living World—dimensionally sealed, at that.
  • The sub-realms within the Other World themselves are also separated from each other to some degree. It is impossible to freely travel between the Yemma Realm, a dimension of unknown size, and Hell, and through only special methods such as teleportation or divine transportation is it possible to reach the Kaio Realm.
The Living World is the dimension containing the Universe in which our cast lives and the Demon Realm, an alternate dimension that not even those of the world beyond, the Kaio, can perceive, and that functions on a different set of laws than our cast's Universe based on magic. Because magic holds a far greater influence on this realm than actual science, it is safe to assume that this dimension also operates on its own space-time continuum, or whatever is the mystical-demonic equivalent of one, much like the Room of Spirit and Time (and by extension, Whis' training dimension), which also contains its own diluted space-time continuum, albeit on a smaller scale, in which time flows much faster than on the outside world.

Finally, the Sacred World of the Kai, which is where the Supreme Kai, who watch over the entire macrocosm, reside. This realm exists outside of the entire universal globe and perpetually revolves around the massive space that makes up most of Universe 7. The only ways to access this world is through teleportation; otherwise, no method of transportation has been recorded—without teleportation, not even a soul could make it inside. As with the other examples on this list, this dimension is completely sealed off from the Living World, and thus, it is safe to assume that this is its own space-time continuum.

"Okay, Nullflower. But what the hell does any of this mean?"
Like I said in the introduction, for the same reason Beerus and Champa's feat is considered Tier 2—extending into another space-time continuum—Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Tier 2 as well, seeing as how they were threatening to reach into and completely destroy- uh... whazit, eight different realms completely dimensionally sealed off from their own, much like with Universe 6 and Universe 7? Yeah, eight.

Now, do I believe this is 2-C? None of these dimensions are stated to be universal in size; although, you could make a strong case for the entirety of the Other World being universal in size because... duh- but, there are no explicit statements that they are universal in size, so I will not make that claim. At the very least, this feat is Low 2-C.

Unless you care to downgrade Beerus and Champa?

Possible counterarguments

"You can't suppress yourself infinitely, so there is no way Goku is Low 2-C".
Shut the **** up. ahehe

Conclusions

Because Beerus and Champa's feat was considered Low 2-C+ (half 2-C) based on the assumption that the damage extending into other, adjacent spatiotemporal realms would automatically include the manipulation of their space-times, Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Low 2-C, based on the fact that their damage extended into several other adjacent and dimensionally isolated realms, each with their own space-time.

Who does this affect?

• Anybody who scales to 3-A through Goku
Agree: ZillerBucko, Ganasto, JirensMom, Rikimarox2, Fastestthingalive50, Brak
Disagree:

Neutral: Zamasu_Chan, LordTracer

Last edited:
YESYESYES
E-oi61CVEAMtGPZ

Introduction

Beerus and Champa threatening to destroy both Universes 6 and 7 during their brief confrontation during the Tournament of Destroyers Saga has been considered a Tier 2 feat for ages at this point; in fact, after some discussion, the two of them were eventually given essentially a Low 2-C+ rating, because no one could determine whether or not they were just really high into Low 2-C or just really low-end 2-C characters. However, there is a reason that their feat is considered a Tier 2 feat, in spite of time never being mentioned. This is because the two of them were threatening to destroy two universes simultaneously. The assumption is: "Since their destruction would extend to an entirely separate dimension, logically they would have to affect their space-time continua". And, to some, it is a sound argument—I don't ******* understand it, but it seems fine to an outsider.

That being said though, for the same reason Beerus and Champa's feat is considered Tier 2, Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Tier 2 rather than 3-A.

The level of destruction

As everyone knows at this point, a Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus, as purported by several sources, both in-universe and out, were threatening to destroy Universe 7 during their battle, most notably during their equal force clash. Now, a certain knowledgeable someone might be quick to comment that, "Elder Kai said they would only destroy the matter within the universe", but I would challenge that with the numerous statements of absolute and total erasure of the universe.

That original statement was an estimation made by Elder Kai before their battle and their powers escalated further. Once he realized how severe the situation truly was with Goku and Beerus gradually growing stronger as the battle went on, he went from "The two of them would reduce every planet and galaxy to space dust" to "The universe is completely done for".

All of this points to the entirety of the universe would be reduced to nothing—"disappear", as Toei's official summary of the episode puts it.

Of course, this would include the Other World, the Sacred World of the Kai, and everything in-between; we know for a fact that this would affect the Sacred World of the Kai, because Elder Kai feared the destruction would reach himself and Kibito Kai, and we see the explosion caused by Goku and Beerus' later energy struggle reach them.

And now, we've hit the fun part.

How does this relate to the Beerus and Champa feat?

The Dragon World (in general)

The Living World

Demon Realm

Other World (in general)

Kaio Realm

Yemma Realm

Sacred World of the Kai

To sum it all up: The Other World is a transcendent, spiritual world—hermetically sealed off from the Living World, a lower realm compared to them, and completely blocked off from the Living World, with only the dead and those permitted by the gods being able to access it. The only reason the "extra-dimensional" and "higher realm" jargon was brought up was to emphasize the point that the Other World does not operate under the same space-time continuum as the Living World—that claim is absolutely silly. Not only is the Other World considered a world beyond the Living World, but they are stated numerous times to be completely separate from the Living World—dimensionally sealed, at that.
  • The sub-realms within the Other World themselves are also separated from each other to some degree. It is impossible to freely travel between the Yemma Realm, a dimension of unknown size, and Hell, and through only special methods such as teleportation or divine transportation is it possible to reach the Kaio Realm.
The Living World is the dimension containing the Universe in which our cast lives and the Demon Realm, an alternate dimension that not even those of the world beyond, the Kaio, can perceive, and that functions on a different set of laws than our cast's Universe based on magic. Because magic holds a far greater influence on this realm than actual science, it is safe to assume that this dimension also operates on its own space-time continuum, or whatever is the mystical-demonic equivalent of one, much like the Room of Spirit and Time (and by extension, Whis' training dimension), which also contains its own diluted space-time continuum, albeit on a smaller scale, in which time flows much faster than on the outside world.

Finally, the Sacred World of the Kai, which is where the Supreme Kai, who watch over the entire macrocosm, reside. This realm exists outside of the entire universal globe and perpetually revolves around the massive space that makes up most of Universe 7. The only ways to access this world is through teleportation; otherwise, no method of transportation has been recorded—without teleportation, not even a soul could make it inside. As with the other examples on this list, this dimension is completely sealed off from the Living World, and thus, it is safe to assume that this is its own space-time continuum.

"Okay, Nullflower. But what the hell does any of this mean?"
Like I said in the introduction, for the same reason Beerus and Champa's feat is considered Tier 2—extending into another space-time continuum—Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Tier 2 as well, seeing as how they were threatening to reach into and completely destroy- uh... whazit, eight different realms completely dimensionally sealed off from their own, much like with Universe 6 and Universe 7? Yeah, eight.

Now, do I believe this is 2-C? None of these dimensions are stated to be universal in size; although, you could make a strong case for the entirety of the Other World being universal in size because... duh- but, there are no explicit statements that they are universal in size, so I will not make that claim. At the very least, this feat is Low 2-C.

Unless you care to downgrade Beerus and Champa?

Possible counterarguments

"You can't suppress yourself infinitely, so there is no way Goku is Low 2-C".
Shut the **** up. ahehe

Conclusions

Because Beerus and Champa's feat was considered Low 2-C+ (half 2-C) based on the assumption that the damage extending into other, adjacent spatiotemporal realms would automatically include the manipulation of their space-times, Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Low 2-C, based on the fact that their damage extended into several other adjacent and dimensionally isolated realms, each with their own space-time.

Who does this affect?

• Anybody who scales to 3-A through Goku
Agree: ZillerBucko, Ganasto, JirensMom, Rikimarox2
Disagree:

Neutral:
agree

Inb4 Low 2-C BoG becomes a banned topic
INB4 Dragonball gets deleted
LMFAOOOAOAO
I bit of light teasing is fine and all but I'm going to have to be the buzzkill here and say that we should keep all the joking to a minimum instead of cluttering a serious thread with useless commentary! 🙏

As for me, I'll wait until all usual suspects show up and say their piece before I give my evidently important take.

Im normally pretty skeptical about DB threads. but the argument of downscaling from Half 2-C makes complete and logical sense to me. I find it hard to believe a character can suppress themselves by an uncountably infinite degree.

The only way you can really nuke Low 2-C DB is by arguing that their not Space-Time Continuum-Universes, and everything in a Timeline is a super huge 3-A space. That is a route i don't think anyone wants too go. despite most staff leaning towards that from what i seen and how past threads go.

If thats your reasoning for thinking they shouldn't be 2-c, i feel like thats a huge appeal to incredulity.
Let me rephrase that; If beerus and champas feat is 2-C when together and they are both Half of 2-C (so High side of Low 2-C) individually. I would find it hard that believe that beerus would suppress himself by 1 or 2 tiers. And the difference between Tier 2 and 3 is uncountably infinite. So he had to be suppressing himself by an uncountably infinite amount and god who knows how much else.

I just find that difficult to believe..

This is me saying that Low 2-C makes the most sense.

If i am not making myself well understood here then i apologize..

Let me rephrase that; If beerus and champas feat is 2-C when together and they are both Half of 2-C (so High side of Low 2-C) individually. I would find it hard that believe that beerus would suppress himself by 1 or 2 tiers. And the difference between Tier 2 and 3 is uncountably infinite. So he had to be suppressing himself by an uncountably infinite amount and god who knows how much else.

I just find that difficult to believe..

This is me saying that Low 2-C makes the most sense.

If i am not making myself well understood here then i apologize..
Oh mb i must've misinterpreted what you were saying.
Thats on me

I completely agree with this actually
wwasn't there a statement I'm the databooks that said the heaven itself has a surface area as wide as the universe? And sadly we can't use the buuhan feat...for canon db.😈

another idea
when shin and kai where watching goku and beerus clash, elder kai said that the universe would be reduced to nothingness.
The world of void is nothingness and lacks time and space, meaning nothingness in db means the lack of time and space.
Since g and beerus would reduce the universe to nothingness, this must mean they destroy time and space as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back