• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Alright first off I know what you are thinking "saiyans can't breath in space" yes, that is true but there is a reason I'm Proposing limited

Beerus vs ssj god Goku​

In the fight with the GoD Beerus, Goku in ssj god and ssj fights Beerus in the upper atmosphere for multiple minutes, because there is so little oxygen up there and then fighting up there which means you breath heavy and haveing limited Self Sustenance means that it depends on how long they were up there

Scans of Goku in the upper atmosphere in the manga:

Goku and Vegeta go into the edge of space of nameks atmosphere​

Now this is the real meat and potatoes here. Goku and Vegeta go into the edge of space for nameks atmosphere and keeps trying to attack moros illusions and Vegeta says saiyans can't survive a vacuum but not the fact they can breath with little to barely any oxygen
Scans for this are right here:

Bardock going and fighting and getting beat up in the upper atmosphere​

Now bardock was getting beat up and fought his way though freizas men in the upper atmosphere and in the broly movie he was even shown hurt and battle damaged in the upper atmosphere while blasting back freizas attack
Z bardock
Super bardock

Tldr​

The reason why it's limited is because they can breath perfectly fine in the upper atmosphere of planets and even near the edge of space while fighting and exerting themselves, making them breath heavy in the upper atmosphere like they normally would on sea level after fighting that long and exerting themselves

Last edited:
I agree this is pretty good but it is weird lol it'd be better if God forms just let them breathe in space period imo but unfortunately that didn't happen
Yeah, personally i think Toriyama should have grant the God Forms (or God Ki users) the ability to withstand any extreme environment, including outer space, as long you keep active those forms.

I mean, if we are going all out with universe level destruction, why not have the characters fight across the cosmos as well, it would make it more epic.

Like Goku and Beerus's fight could had be across the universe, with each other punching the other to the opposite sides of the Living World, or even go right in the Afterlife as well by breaching the dimensional barriers with brute force.

Last edited:
Yeah, personally i think Toriyama should have grant the God Forms (or God Ki users) the ability to withstand any extreme environment, including outer space.

I mean, if we are going all out with universe level destruction, why not have the characters fight across the cosmos as well, it would make it more epic.

Like Goku and Beerus's fight could had be across the universe, with each other punching the other to the opposite sides of the Living World, or even go right in the Afterlife as well by breaching the dimensional barriers with brute force.
Shit, toriyama, why didn't you do this? This idea is so freaking sick.

This at best should be minor SS, at worst we write a line like this: Can breath in extreme poor oxygen environment and link this to Self-Sustenance page

But again Anime Goku and Vegeta should have SS i think

In the video both Goku and Vegeta grab the Time Machine, but they are outside of the cabin

In this video it is shown that when time travel they need to go through somekind of space-time tunel

That mean when return to the past after Zeno erase IZ, they must be outside Time Machine cabin and goes through that space-time tunel for a while, unless we assume that enviroment have something to breath, i think they have some evidence for Self-Sustenance type 1

Next we have this

Goku and Broly clealy fought each other for a while in a pool of lava, that mean both of them breath lava for a good time, so another evidence for Self-Sustenance type 1?????

Gogeta vs Broly in a void? or something like that, but it is clearly not on Earth or any planetary body to have gaseous atmosphere to at least breath, let alone oxygen
In novel it is said that their power was so great that the universe dimensional boundary (or something like that i don't remember) to withstand thus they get blast into other kind of dimension, i doubt we suddenly assume that dimension have oxygen to breath
Also in novel it is said that Gogeta intent to bring the fight into the space, and he is not a stupid thus he know that he can breath up there.

So i think Gogeta and Broly should have Self-Sustenance type 1
Goku and Vegeta should also have Self-Sustenance type 1 for those evidences above and also Gogeta is fusion between Goku and Vegeta, and before you guy said anything like Gogeta is different from Goku and Vegeta.....No, at least in term of biological property
In turn Vegito should also have this

Disagree entirely, this is more akin to that of our One Piece profiles where this ability was rejected for the same reasons and replaced with Limited Adaptation. Same as before, Minor Adaptation (Adapted to the oxygen shortage)

All this is adapting to a shortage of oxygen.

Disagree entirely, this is more akin to that of our One Piece profiles where this ability was rejected for the same reasons and replaced with Limited Adaptation. Same as before, Minor Adaptation (Adapted to the oxygen shortage)

All this is adapting to a shortage of oxygen.
They're not adapting to anything though, it's just a trait of their biology. Adapting would mean they couldn't survive in such places before but then becoming able to. While in this case they already can survive in such places.

Self-Sustenance is the ability to maintain oneself infinitely without the typical requirements of life.
Type 1: Respiratory Self-Sustenance: The ability to live indefinitely without oxygen (or whatever substance that the creature's species breathes). This includes surviving in the vacuum of space or in the depths of an ocean. This may provide resistance to certain gas-based toxins.
Surviving while breathing a limited amount of action does not count; any character with allergies could get this ability then.
Also, Limited Self-Sustenance?

Surviving while breathing a limited amount of action does not count; any character with allergies could get this ability then.
Also, Limited Self-Sustenance?
Several characters have Limited Self-Sustenance for surviving for extended periods of time with no/low oxygen. If the baseline for the ability is indefinite, then "Limited" should apply for cases where the time is finite but above the normal boundaries for a human. Goku fights Beerus at damn near the edge of space for a decent chunk of time, while a human can barely climb Mount Everest without using supplemental oxygen. It should apply here.

I'm not seeing anything resembling adaptation, if it is adapt they should have shown to have trouble breathing before the adapting kick in. But they just shot up higher into space and fighting even crazier than before mean Goku always operate on full capacity, not single negative reaction was saw from him when he fly that high, thus Adaptation is out of the window

Actually yeah giving a character Self-Sustenance for being able to survive in low oxygen environments does seem to contradict the definition of Self-Sustenance

I mean, Vegeta had difficulties breathing in his fight with Magetta due to the thin atmosphere within Vados’ barrier

image0.png

image0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back