• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Personally I hate how we don't have a consistent naming convention for pokemon profiles. Some are named after the pokemon's final evolutionary stage, while others are named after the first stage, and a couple are named after the middle stage.
Yeah, that's kind of annoying.

Personally I hate how we don't have a consistent naming convention for pokemon profiles. Some are named after the pokemon's final evolutionary stage, while others are named after the first stage, and a couple are named after the middle stage.
I've been working on fixing that actually, it's just taking a long time as I've also been cleaning up the entire profile along with it

Personally I find having both 6-A and High 6-B to be hilariously redundant further backed by the fact 6-A is a pretty empty tier in general (at least compared to the other tier 6 classes).

That aside I kinda get annoyed that on this wiki with certain non-english franchises we use their sub names on their verse pages while others use their dub names which can make searching for them a bit tedious (kinda relating to the consistent naming convention) pretty sure it has nothing to do with the large amount of weebs here.

This happens in the internet in general (or in life in general actually), but it's a bit annoying how some users can't seem to form proper sentences/paragraphs. This is a bigger problem when making and/or participating in CRTs when there's barely any coherence in their posts. (I'm not speaking about recent experiences, this is something I've witnessed for quite a long time now).

I used to chalk it up with English not being their first language (it's not mine as well and I mess up as well), but it's quite a bit absurd to blame it all on that. Even in different languages, we all have taken subjects in schools that involves making essays. So sometimes I end up assuming that some of these people are still elementary school (not trying to be condescending at all).

Ye, some of the recent ones I've done are garchomp, venusaur, and alakazam if youd like to take a look
Currently, looks like you're doing final non-Mega/Dynamax form first, which, IMHO, is weird.
It's like showing SSJ Blue Goku first. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Son_Goku_(Dragon_Ball_Super) Or Black Asta instead of Base Asta.

When I say Base Form, for Pokemon, I tend to mean the first stage, because we don't show the super powered forms first, we show the base of the character first.

That aside, I'm plenty confident in your editing skills (Especially in comparison to my own.), so I'm sure you have everything else plenty up to date. Plus, what form should be shown first may be a matter for another thread.

Currently, looks like you're doing final non-Mega/Dynamax form first, which, IMHO, is weird.
It's like showing SSJ Blue Goku first. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Son_Goku_(Dragon_Ball_Super) Or Black Asta instead of Base Asta.

When I say Base Form, for Pokemon, I tend to mean the first stage, because we don't show the super powered forms first, we show the base of the character first.

That aside, I'm plenty confident in your editing skills (Especially in comparison to my own.), so I'm sure you have everything else plenty up to date. Plus, what form should be shown first may be a matter for another thread.
Oh that's what you meant I thought you meant the keys, yeah I put the final evolutions first as that's the one the pages are named after

Oh that's what you meant I thought you meant the keys, yeah I put the final evolutions first as that's the one the pages are named after
I see. Well, you know where I stand.
Also, it gets weird with Pokemon with multiple most powerful forms/final evolutions.
Still, you put in tons of effort to helping Pokemon, & I appreciate that. Goodness knows I hardly edit stuff at all, so thank you.

-How some pages' canon are treated.

-How it takes weeks for several dudes to do something that can be done in days by a single one, especially when it includes important changes of the wiki

-How easy it is to make a wrong addition pass in comparison to how much effort removing it would need. Especially those affecting an entire verse

-Phone VSB

-Immeasurable speed

-Fate's pages naming. When I search for Nero, I type Nero, not "Playable Saber".

-Abandonned verses which have pages too bad to be usable but not enough to warrant deletion.

Personally I find having both 6-A and High 6-B to be hilariously redundant further backed by the fact 6-A is a pretty empty tier in general (at least compared to the other tier 6 classes).
I’m so late to this but I agree with this so much
6-A and High 6-B may as well be merged but I understand why they aren’t together
Because destroying say the USA (High 6-B) isn’t a continent
But then again Australia which is a continent is also High 6-B for destroying with an explosion
The only actual 6-A continents are Ironically just
Africa, North America, Asia. The rest are High 6-B only

Unsourced hax when they really need an explanation. Also, hax which have types being disregarded, such as Corruption having two types, and like 10% of the profiles with it not having the type. Stamina having no definite terminology with no meaning to the words, so infinite stamina is also limitless and nobody knows the difference between high and very high, besides one just being a bigger buzzword than the other.

Justification being lacking.

FFS, there has to have a thread with all the scans explaining a abilities, why not post them on the profile to spare the effort of needing to ask the potency and range of their hax and stuff, or on broader stuff like probability or causality manipulation where we don't know what they can even do with them.

Unicorn can remove laws and order from the multiverse, wow that's so cool, but where he does it?

Just post the ******* scans, jesus christ, the profiles look stupid without them, the whole purpose it to index them, you call "claiming" they have some hax with undefined uses "indexing"? REEEEEEEEEEEE

-How easy it is to make a wrong addition pass in comparison to how much effort removing it would need. Especially those affecting an entire verse
Yeah, I think this also relates to how easy it is to create new pages with wrong info, because AFAIK we don't need to create threads to make one.
Sometimes it makes me think that it's necessary to create a thread similar to a CRT whenever a new profile is gonna be created, with a sandbox version that would be easy to analyze and scrutinize within the thread. Discussing it in a Generel Discussions thread can sometimes get buried since lots of things can be discussed there.
Basically, any profile where our standards and stuff turn it into what is basically just a fan-fiction version of said character.
People really try to abuse the site's standards as much as possible to inflate statistics, and use already existing profiles who did the same to say "Well this profile is like this, so why can't I make this profile the same way?"
It's how you end up arguing with someone who says a character who moves at the literal speed of sound and uses transonic sound magic, is faster than sound.

People really try to abuse the site's standards as much as possible to inflate statistics, and use already existing profiles who did the same to say "Well this profile is like this, so why can't I make this profile the same way?"
It's how you end up arguing with someone who says a character who moves at the literal speed of sound and uses transonic sound magic, is faster than sound.
Jujutsu Kaisen flashbacks

Adding to my point, people sometimes like using our profiles to learn about a characters capacity, at least outside of AP, to debate somewhere else, even I do that sometimes.

But is hard to use the wiki and it's indexing purpose with so much vague, unsourced hax.

Back