• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

I can't wait for Toutetsu to say, "It's sporkin' time!" before she proceeds to spork on her enemies.

The day all 2hu games are on the Switch, will be the day I become like Reimu: Fortunate yet impoverished.

My lifting strength CRT is still urban legend in limbo because I really can't decide which feat should the cast scale to. Minamitsu is fodder and also has the best LS feat (excluding the interstellar stuff for the gods), so obviously everyone above her would upscale. But the problem is that she fought an enraged Utsuho and a Toutetsu that wanted to kill her, so she could be upgraded and sit among the high tiers, but then everyone who's above the fodder would either have to upscale from Cirno's ice block or the vampire uprooting feat.

Vampires are considered quite strong physically by youkai standards, so I disagree with that being scaled to everyone. I could cope with it scaling to mid-tiers though, since other physically powerful youkai like Meiling are in that tier. I'm fine with upgrading Murasa to high tier status (should've been that way since she beat Byakuren's ass) and scaling everyone at that level to her lifting anchors, though.

By the way, Cirno's spell cards in Soku do have her showcasing better LS feats than the class 5 one we use, she lifts up significantly larger chunks of ice (the spell card was Ice Sign "Great Crusher" or something like that). Could get into class 10-25 territory if calced.

So I guess my opinion on the matter is [whatever Cirno's best ice LS feat is] for fodder/low tiers, class 25 for mid tiers, and class K for high tiers scaling off of Murasa. God tier scaling doesn't change, I assume.

or we could just scale everyone to reimu's peak human feat from lifting palladium alloy that one time

Obviously her lifting that big yin-yang ball with her noodle arms in the fighting games is the superior feat. SMH.
how would we scale the high tiers to murasa's feat anyhow

I'm gonna completely honest, I have no idea how we scale LS on this site. Not a lot of fights rely on grappling or lifting contests, so the next best thing is assuming characters who are physically comparable in other categories are comparable in LS as well. That's what it seems like to me, anyways.

Seems like Sunken Fossil World is the game's official subtitle now, we can finally retire the use of 17.5.

Also hoping the official english version doesn't overtly contradict the current fan translations, but they seem to be pretty high quality so I don't think it'll be an issue

Somebody on twitter is apparently planning to downgrade infinite speed in the vague future so uh, be on guard for that. now would be a good time for me to start work on the speed blog again :v

Me neither but honestly I've been stressed the **** out lately so having to debate infinite speed AGAIN would probably kill me.

Nah, but Okina does do some crazy stuff with her Backdoors and Yuuma seems to hold her own fairly well despite how seriously Okina is fighting.

Yuuma could also harm her and the door she was in when they were pure white energy, so that's neat.
Okay, that last part seems to be what was misconstrued as vore. So at bare minimum we have elemental intangibility for Okina and more NPI for Yuuma?

Kinda. Main canon stuff is fine but extended canon is where I start to have problems. We're up to what, 17 tier 0s now?
Just to extend the convo a little bit more, what is your general stance of the SCP cosmology and its characters, assuming you are able to provide more details about it.

Just to extend the convo a little bit more, what is your general stance of the SCP cosmology and its characters, assuming you are able to provide more details about it.
It's... fine? I personally like the concept of SCP itself, but it worked better when it was this mysterious thing that was presented as classified government documents. Extended canon feels like it tosses that out in favor of introducing a bunch of overly detailed concepts that favor an omniversal scope rather than the usually grounded approach main canon has taken. Main canon worked well as horror because it felt real; That any one of these stories could be true and the government is just hiding this information. But I don't even know what EC is trying to do; What, exactly, is scary about the Noosphere? Maybe EC SCP works well as a standalone thing, I just don't think it meshes well with what SCP originally was and what it excels at.

I'm not all too well versed in SCP lore and the like, it's just that any verse that suddenly has over a dozen tier 0 profiles and shit like high 1-A trollface raises a few red flags for me as a VS debater.

It's... fine? I personally like the concept of SCP itself, but it worked better when it was this mysterious thing that was presented as classified government documents. Extended canon feels like it tosses that out in favor of introducing a bunch of overly detailed concepts that favor an omniversal scope rather than the usually grounded approach main canon has taken. Main canon worked well as horror because it felt real; That any one of these stories could be true and the government is just hiding this information. But I don't even know what EC is trying to do; What, exactly, is scary about the Noosphere? Maybe EC SCP works well as a standalone thing, I just don't think it meshes well with what SCP originally was and what it excels at.

I'm not all too well versed in SCP lore and the like, it's just that any verse that suddenly has over a dozen tier 0 profiles and shit like high 1-A trollface raises a few red flags for me as a VS debater.
Yeah I see your point. I asked because I never delved into SCP.

As someone who generally likes SCP a fair bit:

I love the original concept, adore it in fact. Collaborative writing is such a fascinating concept and watching how it unfolds is so interesting to me. I love the unifying theme of how the SCP foundation works, how SCP's don't inherently have to even be something scary, they can just be an odd, unknown object that works weirdly and has strange effects, some of them can be comedic, some of them can try to tell more of a story, it just allows for things to branch off in so many different directions to drastically different effects, without ever feeling like its straying too far from its original idea.

Extended Canon is interesting, I still like it a lot! It allows for more in-depth looks at different SCP, allows them to interact in believable ways in the world, and gives you more content should there happen to be one SCP that really stuck with you and you want more out of it. It leans a bit less out of the horror element depending on what part of it you're reading. I think the fact that it has such an expansive, detailed, abstract cosmology, if you're really into such advanced meta-narrative and info-hazardous ideas, is really cool! For some people, the thought of entities so far and beyond our understanding that we couldn't even begin to comprehend them is inherently a terrifying thought, I'm sure that's what a lot of the appeal of cosmic horror is, so the nerds who are really into that shit can weave that expansive stuff, and it mostly wont affect the more grounded stories you wish to tell with SCP, because you can simply ignore it if it has no purpose in your story. SCP just covers every branch of horror in every way it can by thousands of different people, and considering how wide spread it is, I'm amazed at how relatively consistent its quality is. I think as a concept, its very valid and some of the more interesting SCP stories come from the Extended Canon in the first place.

Though, yeah, Extended Canon does present a bit of an issue when it comes to battle-boarding, because of course once you start getting into expansive, abstract, imperceivably ideas like the Noosphere and whatever cosmological construct or entities are above it, you're going to end up with a lot of entities that are just, ridiculously powerful and in absurdly high tiers just for the simple fact that they exist in such a high state of being. Like the H1A trollface for instance, it's literally just an idea that exists on a plane of being far beyond our comprehension, but... it literally can't interact with the real world in any meaningful way, and requires people to pay attention to it to even EXIST in the first place (frankly this thing must only have a profile just for the ***** and giggles that come along with High 1A Trollface). This thing is literally just a thoughtform, that's all, it has no way to physically affect the world, no way to do anything, but is just H1A because its idea resides in the Noosphere, a H1A construct.

While I think there's some interesting potential for SCP in VS Debating, there probably has to be some kind of line drawn or something figured out to avoid a bloat of 1A & H1A & Tier 0 profiles because it's definitely a little out of hand.

Last edited:
I've got no issue with SCP being one of the most powerful verses in fiction or whatever (it's extremely based actually) but there's probably a better way to go about it than making profiles for literal shitposts that have no reason to be in their tier besides their level of existence, and also probably something that can be done about it taking up 90% of the Tier 0 slots.

I've got no issue with SCP being one of the most powerful verses in fiction or whatever (it's extremely based actually) but there's probably a better way to go about it than making profiles for literal shitposts that have no reason to be in their tier besides their level of existence, and also probably something that can be done about it taking up 90% of the Tier 0 slots.
Obviously the solution is to ratio them by making Touhou boundless.

Back