• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Touhou LostWord be added into this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone, I hope all of you are having a beautiful day.

Lately, I have been thinking of trying to powerscale and add profiles of the Officially Licensed game: Touhou LostWord, but before I even started researching the strength and abilities of this Mobile game, I wanted to ask if it would even be allowed to be in this wiki in the first place. Assuming I find enough feats and powers to make a profile out of them (Well, it's a game based on Touhou so that's very likely)

Why do I ask? Well, Touhou LostWord is an officially Licensed Game...

6d4nonX.png

... It is officially licensed by Team Shanghai Alice, BUT it's not written by ZUN the author and creator of the original Touhou Project series. Which means that Touhou LostWord is not canon to Touhou Project and viceversa. Hopefully, with that being clarified, all the Touhou fans in this wiki will lower their pitchforks and avoid crucifying me.

Touhou LostWord is a gacha game that gains a lot of money, and it has more than a million downloads on Play Store, alongside having videos related to the game with millions of views. So there is no way ZUN isn't at least okay with LostWord existing and gaining a lot of monetary profit through his IP.

There are also multiple instances of ZUN participating in Touhou LostWord streams and QnAs with Touhou LostWord developers. Like this instance, thiiss instance and this other instance. That makes it obvious that LostWord isn't just a random Sonic the Hedgehog fan game with recolored OCs (DO NOT STEAL!!!), it's beyond that, it directly makes a lot of money with the permission of ZUN. I heard that ZUN makes money from LostWord since Touhou is his IP, and it's a licensed game, but I didn't take law classes, so I don't know how that works.

The people behind LostWord sell Figurines, Plushies and merch of the characters in their games with the awareness and permission of ZUN, as you can see, he's posing with his own fumo in front of various fumos, including a LostWord fumo.

I know what some people might say.

"But Dei, LostWord is a crappy gacha game with awful writing"
That didn't stop Genshin Impact, Redo of Healer and a gazillion other verses with bad writing from being added into the wiki.

"I will bash your skull with bricks"
Fate and luck is on my side, always. I would simply survive it.

"But but but-" I ran out off theoretical questions people might ask me. I don't know what else is there to say.

Staff, please let me add Touhou LostWord into this wiki, pretty please.

Last edited:
OK so you telling me. . . Maribel and Renko pair with PC-98 Mommies is canon ?
yeah sure I'll take those too

It is a licensed game just like 99% of Touhou fangames that get released these days. All "officially licensed" means in the context of Touhou is that they are legally allowed to be sold on digital storefronts like the App Store; Beyond that, there is no tangible difference between Lost Word and, say, Luna Nights, Genso Wanderer, HSoB, Labyrinth of Touhou, or just like.... any Touhou fangame in existence, really. While this might skirt by the fan character rules, which state that "fan characters" are those appearing in fangames or fanfiction without official permission, Touhou's a bit of a weird edge case where all fan characters technically have official permission to exist because of ZUN's fan work guidelines. So we'd have to allow every Touhou fan character in existence on the wiki, which uh..... yeah, you can probably see why that's not a great idea.

ZUN working alongside the devs is also incorrect. He just shows up on the livestreams sometimes and that's it (there was the Q&A, but that doesn't really count as involvement with the game itself). He has less involvement in Lost Word than in things like Danmaku Kagura, Hero Yamada-kun (which he helped develop and does use Touhou characters), and Seihou, just for a frame of reference.

So no, these pages are better suited for the FC/OC wiki. Also, I'd rather kill myself than have the incest-glorifying, character-assassinating piece of shit gacha indexed side by side with actually good content.

I have added information about the LostWord team selling plushies, merch and figures with the awareness of ZUN.
It is a licensed game just like 99% of Touhou fangames that get released these days. All "officially licensed" means in the context of Touhou is that they are legally allowed to be sold on digital storefronts like the App Store; Beyond that, there is no tangible difference between Lost Word and, say, Luna Nights, Genso Wanderer, HSoB, Labyrinth of Touhou, or just like.... any Touhou fangame in existence, really.
Oh, does it? I mean, I see LostWord directly claiming that they're a licensed game, but I don't really see all those other games claim the same. I don't think all those fangames are officially licensed unless they say so. I also don't see those fangames selling merch, figures, plushies and making streams with ZUN like LostWord does.

I mean, is there really a difference between Touhou LostWord and... Something like FNAF's Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, for example. Scott Cawton lets some fans make games, sell them and sell merch about those games, and they're allowed to be in this wiki for that same reason. I don't really see a significant difference between something like Five nights at Candy's and Touhou LostWord for example.
While this might skirt by the fan character rules, which state that "fan characters" are those appearing in fangames or fanfiction without official permission, Touhou's a bit of a weird edge case where all fan characters technically have official permission to exist because of ZUN's fan work guidelines. So we'd have to allow every Touhou fan character in existence on the wiki, which uh..... yeah, you can probably see why that's not a great idea.
I don't oppose to adding other Touhou fan characters as long as they meet the same requirements as Lost Word. Heck, if the system would allow LostWord due to having official permission, then I don't see an issue with adding it to this wiki.

Also, can you pretty please pass me a link or tell me where to find the exact rules on which verses can and cannot be added, and which verses are labelled as fanmade or not? I want to read them to have a better understanding of what can and cannot be added to this wiki.
ZUN working alongside the devs is also incorrect. He just shows up on the livestreams sometimes and that's it (there was the Q&A, but that doesn't really count as involvement with the game itself). He has less involvement in Lost Word than in things like Danmaku Kagura, Hero Yamada-kun (which he helped develop and does use Touhou characters), and Seihou, just for a frame of reference.
Fair enough, I've reworded that statement I made.
So no, these pages are better suited for the FC/OC wiki. Also, I'd rather kill myself than have the incest-glorifying, character-assassinating piece of shit gacha indexed side by side with actually good content.
Damn, this Touhou powerscaling stuff is more serious than I thought, haha, untie that noose.

Also, does LostWord really have incest? I haven't reached any arcs with incest. Which exact characters are having the incest? But yeah, I can see why you hate LostWord, but to be fair, worse things have been allowed on this wiki and series with incest, like Marvel Ultimate, have profiles. Gacha slop too, Honkai and Genshin Impact are here after all.

Oh, does it? I mean, I see LostWord directly claiming that they're a licensed game, but I don't really see all those other games claim the same. I don't think all those fangames are officially licensed unless they say so. I also don't see those fangames selling merch, figures, plushies and making streams with ZUN like LostWord does.
They're all officially licensed whether it says it on the title screen or not. That's the entire purpose of Play, Doujin! as a company (for Playstation games, at least, although Touhou Cannonball and Danmaku Kagura were also officially licensed). Also, selling merch is meaningless. Do you have any idea just how many fanmade Touhou plushies and figures there are?

I mean, is there really a difference between Touhou LostWord and... Something like FNAF's Fazbear Fanverse Initiative, for example. Scott Cawton lets some fans make games, sell them and sell merch about those games, and they're allowed to be in this wiki for that same reason. I don't really see a significant difference between something like Five nights at Candy's and Touhou LostWord for example.
Scott Cawthon literally funds the development of those games with his own money. ZUN does not. He has 0 involvement in any step of the creation process.

I don't oppose to adding other Touhou fan characters as long as they meet the same requirements as Lost Word. Heck, if the system would allow LostWord due to having official permission, then I don't see an issue with adding it to this wiki.
My point is that any and all fan Touhou characters, as long as they've appeared in some published material, are eligible for a profile here. Everything has official permission, because ZUN is deliberately looser with fan content than most other authors. A better lens to look at this with would be "would this media qualify if ZUN didn't have those guidelines and Touhou wasn't a doujin series?". In this case, the answer is no.

Also, does LostWord really have incest? I haven't reached any arcs with incest. Which exact characters are having the incest? But yeah, I can see why you hate LostWord, but to be fair, worse things have been allowed on this wiki and series with incest, like Marvel Ultimate, have profiles. Gacha slop too, Honkai and Genshin Impact are here after all.
Around the time I stopped playing, they had an event called "The Perfect Sister Date!", so, yknow,

Ayo? Don't get me wrong, after playing Touhou LW, they definitely aren't Touhou characters (low-key the reason I stopped playing it). But I ain't recall incest unless everybody's weird obsession with acting motherly towards the mc counts. Speaking of. Completely hate how much of a simp they make mc for Sakuya. If I have to be a simp, let me simp for Youmu dammit.

Ayo? Don't get me wrong, after playing Touhou LW, they definitely aren't Touhou characters (low-key the reason I stopped playing it). But I ain't recall incest unless everybody's weird obsession with acting motherly towards the mc counts. Speaking of. Completely hate how much of a simp they make mc for Sakuya. If I have to be a simp, let me simp for Youmu dammit.
Like I mentioned above, they had an entire event centered around sisters, which was uh.... Bad! There was also a costume for Yorihime that featured Toyohime acting as a voyeur in the background, complete with floating hearts (in case you weren't 100% sure on whether or not the devs are freaks).

Now apart from the morally objectionable content, everything else is also bad, yeah. The mischaracterization is straight up abysmal.

Like I mentioned above, they had an entire event centered around sisters, which was uh.... Bad! There was also a costume for Yorihime that featured Toyohime acting as a voyeur in the background, complete with floating hearts (in case you weren't 100% sure on whether or not the devs are freaks).

Ah—I sorta stopped playing the events after I discovered... yeah, these are legit just generic girls. I do like some stories though, like the one where Youmu straight up has a lightsaber and everyone uses guns.

Now apart from the morally objectionable content, everything else is also bad, yeah. The mischaracterization is straight up abysmal.

Sanae is still the worst. I really like Sanae in canon but hated her in LW. She's the main one that made me realize they are just nowhere near their canon variant and it's not even a funny change, like how in Genso Wanderer, Futo is just a straight up unhinged arsonist and it's hilarious.

Ah—I sorta stopped playing the events after I discovered... yeah, these are legit just generic girls. I do like some stories though, like the one where Youmu straight up has a lightsaber and everyone uses guns.
Some story elements are fine but they're just bogged down by so much filler that after a certain point I just stopped caring. The event stories though... I think those may qualify as a crime against humanity.

Sanae is still the worst. I really like Sanae in canon but hated her in LW. She's the main one that made me realize they are just nowhere near their canon variant and it's not even a funny change, like how in Genso Wanderer, Futo is just a straight up unhinged arsonist and it's hilarious.
I don't really remember how they characterized Sanae, aside from how her shirt was vacuum sealed for some reason. The worst for me was Mokou, who they made extremely feminine. You know. The character who exclusively wears hakama and a dress shirt covered in belts. The character who was the face of masculine Touhou characters for years. The character whose gender is, apparently, impossible to determine even if you're literally living in her body. Truly the epitome of femininity.

apparently they also did this to momoyo despite her being a giant centipede who lives in a cave, eats rocks, and uses 'ore' as her pronouns lmaooooo

Some story elements are fine but they're just bogged down by so much filler that after a certain point I just stopped caring. The event stories though... I think those may qualify as a crime against humanity.

Yeah, I wish I could deny that but there is a reason I stopped playing. I love some of the stories, and did kinda enjoy the chapter with Dark Myon. But the events are... yikes.

I don't really remember how they characterized Sanae, aside from how her shirt was vacuum sealed for some reason. The worst for me was Mokou, who they made extremely feminine. You know. The character who exclusively wears hakama and a dress shirt covered in belts. The character who was the face of masculine Touhou characters for years. The character whose gender is, apparently, impossible to determine even if you're literally living in her body. Truly the epitome of femininity.

apparently they also did this to momoyo despite her being a giant centipede who lives in a cave, eats rocks, and uses 'ore' as her pronouns lmaooooo

Sanae pretty much had all her personality deleted. She was turned into the extroverted girl you often see in cliche/generic anime. Very little depth. LW kind of turned every character into generic anime girls. You're complaining about Mokou, but low-key, everyone is like that.

Everyone is super kind and friendly, they love to pamper mc, like... I'm pretty sure half of them are suppose to be either motherly figures or sisters with the way they treat mc. I think even Seiga falls victim to it.

I like the designs of the characters, even if some outfits are uh... bizarre at best.

Everyone is super kind and friendly, they love to pamper mc, like... I'm pretty sure half of them are suppose to be either motherly figures or sisters with the way they treat mc. I think even Seiga falls victim to it.
Didn't they make Seiga into Santa for an event? Despite the fact that, yknow,
800px-ThGK_Bunbunmaru4.jpg

Didn't they make Seiga into Santa for an event? Despite the fact that, yknow,
800px-ThGK_Bunbunmaru4.jpg

They did. Her and Eirin shared the role of "Santa Clause". Definitely didn't expect it–though I forgot everything about that event outside of Eirin having quite the outfit.

I suddenly feel that LostWord should be in FC/OC instead because it is a fanon.

I'm neutral. It'd be funny as hell, but I don't think Staff would approve and I'm fine with or without it.

I re-read the rules for adding verses. This wiki should allow the addition of verses that use Touhou characters as long as they're officially published. LostWord fits that definition to a tea. I don't see why it shouldn't be added to the wiki by applying our current standards towards it.

The rule is
"Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission." - https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_Rules

Emphasis on without official permission. LostWord is Oficially Licensed, ZUN knows about it, has collabed with LostWord people and even lets them make money selling merch. LostWord is very notable too.

My opposition should prove why LostWord breaks this or any other rule regarding the addition of verses.
They're all officially licensed whether it says it on the title screen or not. That's the entire purpose of Play, Doujin! as a company (for Playstation games, at least, although Touhou Cannonball and Danmaku Kagura were also officially licensed).
Are they all officially licensed? You can't just say that a fan game is officially licensed if that game doesn't outright say it. Plenty of fan games use copyrighted characters and IPs, yet they don't say they're officially licensed like LostWord does. It's likely that those fan games haven't been noticed by the owners of the IP, or the owners of the IP just don't care.

Also, I am not opposed nor in favor of adding those other Touhou fan games too. I guess well have to judge them on a case by case basis.
Also, selling merch is meaningless. Do you have any idea just how many fanmade Touhou plushies and figures there are?
I'm just giving proof that ZUN knows that LostWord is making money with his characters, and he's okay with it. Other companies wouldn't do the same.
If little Timmy started selling Mario merch, Nintendo would send their Nintendo ninjas to sue him to the ground.
Scott Cawthon literally funds the development of those games with his own money. ZUN does not. He has 0 involvement in any step of the creation process.
Fair enough, but to be fair, the original author having no involvement in the creation process of a certain media doesn't matter if you want a verse to get into this wiki as long as they don't violate copyright. LostWord does not break any copyright laws.
And plenty of verses in this wiki are made without the involvement of the original author.
My point is that any and all fan Touhou characters, as long as they've appeared in some published material, are eligible for a profile here. Everything has official permission, because ZUN is deliberately looser with fan content than most other authors. A better lens to look at this with would be "would this media qualify if ZUN didn't have those guidelines and Touhou wasn't a doujin series?". In this case, the answer is no.
Why should we look at media with Touhou characters with different standards than other verses in this wiki? Why should we look at them with the standards you made up? Because you want to? I am merely holding LostWord to the same standards that we give to all other verses in the wiki.
If LostWord straight up doesn't break any standards for verses that can and cannot be allowed in this wiki, it should be allowed to have profiles, simple as.

Around the time I stopped playing, they had an event called "The Perfect Sister Date!", so, yknow,
Damnnn, the ghost of Oreimo possessed LostWord developers. Sad to see, sad to see.

Oh yeah, I remember that. I was very salty when LW devs gave Mokou a wedding dress instead of a tuxedo groom outfit. It's sad to see all of this tomboy murdering and lack of appreciation towards them. Sad to see, smh.

"Why should we use different standards for Touhou?" Because Touhou simply has different standards. That's it's nature as a doujin series. If you want a comparison, SCP is quite loose with what fans are allowed to create, but we can't just go "yeah give this random SCP fanfic profiles, why not" just because it has official permission via technicality.

"Why should we use different standards for Touhou?" Because Touhou simply has different standards. That's it's nature as a doujin series. If you want a comparison, SCP is quite loose with what fans are allowed to create, but we can't just go "yeah give this random SCP fanfic profiles, why not" just because it has official permission via technicality.
Are those standards written anywhere in any rule of this wiki?

Or are those just your personal standards of what you personally believe should or shouldn't be on this wiki?

Why would Touhou's fanwork guidelines be written here? What are you talking about?
If they're not written here then they're allowed to be here.
You can't just say out of nowhere that an officially licensed game shouldn't be allowed in this wiki without any rule to back it up.

Either prove that the current rules of this wiki would prohibit LostWord from being added or admit that with the current rules, LostWord can get added.

Touhou has distinct rules in regards to officially licensed works. This means we cannot apply our rules on officially licensed works to the series, as it'd imply that it works the same as any other series (which it doesn't). Do you get that?

I don’t think LW should get profiles for similar reasons as Fuji

Plus I imagine it would also just create further confusions with the main canon profiles since a lot of them are still in a rather messy state.

Touhou has distinct rules in regards to officially licensed works. This means we cannot apply our rules on officially licensed works to the series, as it'd imply that it works the same as any other series (which it doesn't). Do you get that?
ZUN allowing fan made games to exist doesn't automatically mean they're all officially licensed, you'd have to prove that they're all officially licensed.

By that logic literally every crappy FNAF/Undertale game that exists would be officially licensed simply because Toby Fox/Scott Cawthon allows them to exist.

And again, nothing of what you're saying is on the current rules of this wiki. The current rules of his wiki favor my position.
I don’t think LW should get profiles for similar reasons as Fuji

Plus I imagine it would also just create further confusions with the main canon profiles since a lot of them are still in a rather messy state.
I disagree, Marvel, DC, Godzilla profiles have a thousand versions of the same character and barely anyone is confusing the characters with each other.

I can just specify that one version of a character is the Canon versions and the other versions are the LostWord versions and it would fit under the rules of the wiki just fine.

Anyway, I should probably start calling staff members to give their opinions on if an Officially Licensed game should be allowed to be on this wiki.

How exactly do I summon staff members?

ZUN allowing fan made games to exist doesn't automatically mean they're all officially licensed, you'd have to prove that they're all officially licensed.

By that logic literally every crappy FNAF/Undertale game that exists would be officially licensed simply because Toby Fox/Scott Cawthon allows them to exist.

And again, nothing of what you're saying is on the current rules of this wiki. The current rules of his wiki favor my position.
You still do not understand Touhou's relationship with officially licensed works. If it's on the App Store? Officially licensed. Playstation Store? Officially licensed. Steam? Officially licensed. They may not proudly display that on the title screen like LW does, but these works have the exact same degree of legal recognition and permission to exist. It's what makes Touhou so distinct from any other long running game series - you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole here.

I'll maintain my original position of "officially licensed works are only acceptable if they would remain acceptable in the absence of ZUN's fanwork guidelines". LW does not meet that criteria, and my stance is not changing.

I disagree, Marvel, DC, Godzilla profiles have a thousand versions of the same character and barely anyone is confusing the characters with each other.
All of those things are significantly more popular and well known than Touhou, and people still consistently mistake LW as an official work even on this very same wiki lol.

I feel like we're running in circles. I'll call some staff members to ask them to clarify if this verse is allowed or not.

Let me stop you here.

Toby Fox has NEVER did that. There's no fangame that was directly approved from him as part of the main canon. Toby himself is extremely strict on what's canon and what's not, he himself claimed that WoG information on Twitter, official merchandise and even the YT Livestream of the Spamton Sweepstakes are not canon, and very few things are exceptions like the description/links of the Sweepstakes on the Deltarune website.

So don't bring other stuff without knowing first, thanks.

Let me stop you here.

Toby Fox has NEVER did that. There's no fangame that was directly approved from him as part of the main canon. Toby himself is extremely strict on what's canon and what's not, he himself claimed that WoG information on Twitter, official merchandise and even the YT Livestream of the Spamton Sweepstakes are not canon, and very few things are exceptions like the description/links of the Sweepstakes on the Deltarune website.

Wrong. The Spamton Sweepstakes are canon in my heart.

Let me stop you here.

I didn't say Toby Fox approved any fan game nor that any Undertale fan game is canon. He just allows them to exist without copyright striking them.

It seems to me that this should be extremely simple

They got permission and proper licensing from ZUN, creator of Touhou. This is a licensed Touhou product, meaning it isn't fanon anymore, it's official content

Not to mention the game is fairly popular, I think I've even seen ads for it.

This is directly comparable to the FNaF Fanverse and the Slenderman game duology, both of which are allowed on the wiki

It seems to me that this should be extremely simple

They got permission and proper licensing from ZUN, creator of Touhou. This is a licensed Touhou product, meaning it isn't fanon anymore, it's official content

Not to mention the game is fairly popular, I think I've even seen ads for it.

This is directly comparable to the FNaF Fanverse and the Slenderman game duology, both of which are allowed on the wiki
To clarify, LostWord is not official to canon Touhou. ZUN just allows almost anyone to sell things using his IP.

Though can you explain to me Slenderman's game situation? Does that one have involvement from the original creators?

To clarify, LostWord is not official to canon Touhou. ZUN just allows almost anyone to sell things using his IP.

Though can you explain to me Slenderman's game situation? Does that one have involvement from the original creators?
It started a fangame and then the creator joined the team as a producer and gave proper licensing

It started a fangame and then the creator joined the team as a producer and gave proper licensing
No? ZUN isn't a producer for the game. He has no involvement at all, actually (the livestreams are just him showing up because the devs asked, which ZUN usually does for fan stuff). Where are you getting this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back