• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Touhou 18.5 has already sold out at Comiket, streams are going live now. Most information I've seen is related to game mechanics and the like but I'll start uploading VS relevant stuff when it comes up.

Oh right, it was recently accepted that profiles can use bolding without bullet points, should we apply this to Touhou profiles?

Finally getting around to working on the speed blog..... If I can finish it by tomorrow I can probably post a CRT for it, if not, it'll probably be a few days later :v

This covers everything, right?
unknown.png

yeah no ******* way im finishing this by tomorrow

Hey, any of you guys know which Liz Triangle song that have this lyric: "don't you love me, don't you hate me"?
I listened to it so much in the past but nowadays i kinda forgot and when i wanted to listening it again, i can't remember lel

Hey, any of you guys know which Liz Triangle song that have this lyric: "don't you love me, don't you hate me"?
I listened to it so much in the past but nowadays i kinda forgot and when i wanted to listening it again, i can't remember lel
yikes I'm not certain. I think a song I've had to track down for Liz Triange in the past was like a Marisa vocal track that almost disappeared off of YT from channel takedowns.

If I had to assume, based on those lyrics, its probably a song for one of the Komeijis.

In other news, I may need help deciding on what exactly these scans are supposed to mean. Both are from the same SoPM, and one states Suwako has a spirit, while the other says she does not.
unknown.png

unknown.png

It's either an outlier, or maybe what the text is trying to say is her original form doesn't have a spirit (or is a spirit)?

It's either an outlier, or maybe what the text is trying to say is her original form doesn't have a spirit (or is a spirit)?
It's... kinda weird to say it's an outlier, since the two statements are literally separated by 2 paragraphs. It'd be a pretty glaring error. Idk about the first statement referring to her original form, since Akyuu says it's made of faith, but the original form of the gods is one devoid of faith. Plus, we know gods in their original form can possess spirits, since Junko is literally a divine spirit.

My current guess is that the second passage is about her divine spirit, while the first one is about... a different kind of soul. I've been looking into the possibility of soul dualism existing in Touhou for a bit, so this might be an example? ZUN does love writing real world theological concepts into Touhou, after all (that's literally where divine spirits infinitely splitting themselves comes from).

I may have found a new way to scale the cast to 2-B.... According to Gensokyo Geography, there are as many heavens as there are gods, so Tenshi's 2-C feat of shaking "many" realms was actually shaking at least 8 million. Combined with Doremy's control over the Dream World and all its dreams, and infinite dream recursion, there is a very real possibility of high tiers scaling to every tier in tier 2.

Also Flandre won the popularity poll!! Not surprising considering her role in 17.5.

I didn't expect Yooms to drop to 4th after being 1st last year tho, kinda surprising.

My girl Marisa hanging in at #2, the best to ever do it :)

I may have found a new way to scale the cast to 2-B.... According to Gensokyo Geography, there are as many heavens as there are gods, so Tenshi's 2-C feat of shaking "many" realms was actually shaking at least 8 million. Combined with Doremy's control over the Dream World and all its dreams, and infinite dream recursion, there is a very real possibility of high tiers scaling to every tier in tier 2.
Absurdly based.

I can already imagine what the arguments would be after I post it.
"But, if primordials lack names, then why does Junko have one??"

God I hope nobody tries to pull that shit. Nameless things can still be referred to, just like how izanagi objects are nameless but are "named" izanagi objects.

In any case, there are enough scans supporting Junko's nameless nature that I don't think it'll be an issue.

Back