• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Beside, i'm never seen this fanon side of Mokou if you ask me, every fanmade things about her is just a cool girl smoking with complex cope personality

Yes i know she's kinda lunatic as well but not by large amount of margin

Tbh I'm kinda sad I haven't seen anybody try to explore Mokou's character arc throughout ULiL/AoCF. She's completely detached from anything going on around her and pretty clearly depressed during ULiL, but is having the time of her life in AoCF (iirc Ichirin even comments on how much her disposition has turned around), likely because of Sumireko's friendship with her post-ULiL.

Tbh I'm kinda sad I haven't seen anybody try to explore Mokou's character arc throughout ULiL/AoCF. She's completely detached from anything going on around her and pretty clearly depressed during ULiL, but is having the time of her life in AoCF (iirc Ichirin even comments on how much her disposition has turned around), likely because of Sumireko's friendship with her post-ULiL.
It's mostly with Kaguya all over the time, so an fanon expandtion about her with the others chars like Sumireko would be nice lel
And beside she need to take a break from too much coping about her outliving Keine, oh wait Sumireko case is way worse tho
Meanwhile canon Flandre has at least 2 milfs trying to rope her into different ongoing incidents :v
Those degenerate when they see Flan get sandwhiched by two hot milfs:

It's mostly with Kaguya all over the time, so an fanon expandtion about her with the others chars like Sumireko would be nice lel
And beside she need to take a break from too much coping about her outliving Keine, oh wait Sumireko case is way worse tho
Potentially very funny if we take into account that Mokou knew Maribel from that time she teleported into the bamboo forest.

Imagine hearing your best friend telling you that you're actually the grandmother of the girlfriend of this girl you saved in a forest several hundred years ago, and that same person is also here now but as this youkai who's probably responsible for sending you to an alternate fanstasyland dimension when you were a child.

Potentially very funny if we take into account that Mokou knew Maribel from that time she teleported into the bamboo forest.

Imagine hearing your best friend telling you that you're actually the grandmother of the girlfriend of this girl you saved in a forest several hundred years ago, and that same person is also here now but as this youkai who's probably responsible for sending you to an alternate fanstasyland dimension when you were a child.
Me brain not smart enough to knowing this lmao

Almost done combing EoSD for everything I missed, there's some legitimately interesting stuff despite how frequently covered and how simple in concept the game is. It's mostly support for pre-existing stuff like Flandre's ESP, youkai fear hax, or youkai enhanced senses, but there's some new stuff like Cirno's teleportation, Meiling's summoning, and Flandre being unable to die somehow??

now i just need to repeat this for every other piece of touhou media ever released lol
oh yeah following up on this

the fact that once all of this is done i can safely say "spring hax ggs" in any vs match is extremely ******* funny

I think she has some really interesting interactions with Marisa in AoCF from memory, she seems to respect her a lot.

I think she has some really interesting interactions with Marisa in AoCF from memory, she seems to respect her a lot.
Oh yeah, they mention wanting to team up I'm pretty sure. And then it was never followed up on...

Imagine dies from Seasons Allergy lmao
More like dying from sucking the seasons out of someone(???)

PCB makes so little ******* sense the more I look into it, stg

Also poor Reimu, got dethroned so often in recent years of Touhou popularity pools, from Koishi to Youmu (twice!) to Flan
I'm not gonna be surprised if Sakuya or unexpected chars (i bet in my soul for Sumireko and Momoyo) will dethroned her once again 😂

Also poor Reimu, got dethroned so often in recent years of Touhou popularity pools, from Koishi to Youmu (twice!) to Flan
I'm not gonna be surprised if Sakuya or unexpected chars (i bet in my soul for Sumireko and Momoyo) will dethroned her once again 😂
Depends on what ZUN has cooking for 2023, I think. Flan only got that high off of 17.5, and Youmu did the same for WBaWC. Whoever fills the slot of 3rd wheel in TH19 will probably dethrone Reimu again, lmao

Depends on what ZUN has cooking for 2023, I think. Flan only got that high off of 17.5, and Youmu did the same for WBaWC
For Flan, it's mainly because of her lack of appearance in more than a decade
But Youmu in no. 1 twice is hilarious
Whoever fills the slot of 3rd wheel in TH19 will probably dethrone Reimu again, lmao
Reimu in TH19 when she sensed that someone gonna dethroned her once again in a popularity pool:

Classic Moriya Family shennanigans 😂

(For those who don't know Indonesian, basically it's a parody of top comedian advice to prevented someone fighting.....ignoring the peoples behind him fighting lmao)

Oh yeah, they mention wanting to team up I'm pretty sure. And then it was never followed up on...

More like dying from sucking the seasons out of someone(???)

PCB makes so little ******* sense the more I look into it, stg
You know how Touhou is, sometimes they’ll establish something years beforehand and not capitalize on it until a decade later

God, i'm starving of:
  • Sumireko being the 7th MC
  • Youmu and Mayumi rivalry
  • Chimata dialouge implying that she's supporting the gayness on Gensokyo
  • Momoyo major role when one of the Dragon Gods suddenly appearing

Besides character profiles, are there any other minor things that need to be done for the verse? Bored and want to make another CRT.
Think I'll remake that CRT about PC-98's canonicity that also addreses whatever DT's points were. Though I'll do it after I'm done dealing with the most surreal power outage I've ever experienced.

Think I'll remake that CRT about PC-98's canonicity that also addreses whatever DT's points were. Though I'll do it after I'm done dealing with the most surreal power outage I've ever experienced.
If we can't have Mima and Shinki in Modern Era, then we'll make PC-98 and Windows connected 1000%, correct?

Not sure if they were included before, but since the argument against merging canon was the likelyhood of PC-98 being an "alt timeline", these scans might help.
image.png

unknown.png

(The 2nd image is pre-PCB, so it literally has to be referring to PC-98)

Interestingly, there was a thread made in 2018 regarding PC-98's canonicity, but as usual it went nowhere. Though one of the main points for it not being canon is that Windows supposedly contradicts a lot of the events that happened in those games, but there doesn't seem to be much proof of that.

Seiga when she ressurected Miko to converted her into Taoism and wanted to genocided the Buddhist together but turn out Miko developed an romantic feeling with Byakuren:

Interestingly, there was a thread made in 2018 regarding PC-98's canonicity, but as usual it went nowhere. Though one of the main points for it not being canon is that Windows supposedly contradicts a lot of the events that happened in those games, but there doesn't seem to be much proof of that.
It contradicts a few but nothing major (not as major as WoG saying "yeah they're literally the same timeline", at least). Even so, ZUN's own response to that is to just give the Windows era precedent, so there's nothing stopping us from just retconning things that don't work. Not like Windows is free of contradictions either, what with Akyuu the 24 year old 12 year old :v

One of the inconsistencies mentioned is the scale of power but like. That only applied in 2018, now that we have solid low 2-C/2-C feats for Windows, that logic doesn't ******* work because the feats in Windows are higher than the scale of PC-98 :v

Back