• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

I've been on this site for almost a year now, haven't gotten tired of it yet. Takes a really long time for me to get burnt out on doing something I enjoy, regardless of how repetitive it ends up being at times.

I'm interested in getting into the Touhou verse but I don't know where to start. What would you guys recommend?

By other things, I thought you meant things like scaling and what-not.

You can really start anywhere with the franchise, though it's often recommended to start with the "modern"/windows games, as that's what people consider the selling point of Touhou, and the fact it started off as a game series. Since it's a multi-media franchise now, you can actually just ditch the games altogether, and just focus on other media like the comics or music. Touhou games are also episodic, so it's not like other game series where you have to play the first entry and then play the other sequels so you can understand what is even going on in the first place, so being able to pick up any Touhou game you feel like and not get confused about the lore or anything is also a bonus.

What Shmoopy said. There is no defined starting point, which admittedly makes it hard to get into. If you wanna start with the manga, I'd say Wild and Horned Hermit is your best bet. For the games, I've often heard that Perfect Cherry Blossom is the best place to start.

Feel free to post anything here if you have questions though, the series can be kinda confusing if it's your first time going through it.

Oh yeah, PCB is the best one for people new to the games. It's easy, but really long, so there's that as well. If you don't dig the bullet hell stuff, you can always just try the fighting games instead. AoCF and Gouyoku Ibun are very, very beginner friendly fighting games.

Not calling Gouyoku Ibun a horizontal side-scrolling danmaku water action game like god intended

Honestly I'd say the fighting game plots can get kinda confusing compared to the main series games, if we're judging these by how easy they are to get into story-wise.

Anyone who tries to convince me that Gouyoku Ibun is anything but a fighting game shall be burned on a stake, Allah wills it.

tfw you call 17.5 a horizontal side-scrolling danmaku water action game
unknown.png

Anyone have a source on Yukari being stronger than Suika? Her page says it's from SWR, but checking the interactions between the two only shows that they've fought in the past, not that Yukari is superior.

I will buy you a Marisa fumo, but right as I'm about to give it to you, I'll drop it to the ground, stomp on it, spit on it, whip out a fuel canister out of my ass, pour it all over the plushie, then set it on fire with a roach. This is a serious warning.

Should we re-do Silver vs Reimu? It will probably be incon or a slightly win to one side or other.
Silver the Hedgehog? It'd probably be a really boring incon, seeing as Silver can just spam telekinesis all day, but Reimu has her probability hax.

Should we re-do Silver vs Reimu? It will probably be incon or a slightly win to one side or other.
Yeah sure. Reimu has gotten a lot of new abilities. I also looked through that thread and I didn't find a lot of knowledgeable people in it, but that was a long time ago.

Silver the Hedgehog? It'd probably be a really boring incon, seeing as Silver can just spam telekinesis all day, but Reimu has her probability hax.
Actually, this does remind me I really need to make a CRT about the cast's lifting strength. Just need to find a good argument as to why would the high tiers scale to some of Minamitsu's stuff, aaaand actually calc Minamitsu's feat.

The justification for their current LS has always been incredibly suspicious. Not sure if it is Class K, since I only took the weight of all the chains combined into account, not the heads or anything else.

Anchor chains tend to be much heavier than the anchor heads iirc, idk if it'd get past class K. A solid upgrade regardless though. Also, what else would we even use for LS scaling?

thats why i only focused on the chains
We have Marisa pointing out how strong Reimu is for lifting a giant yin-yang orb in GoM, but that would only scale to her, and I don't think we would know how much a magical orb would weight. I remember one more lifting strength feat, but I can't for the life of me remember because I'm too tired.

thats why i only focused on the chains
We have Marisa pointing out how strong Reimu is for lifting a giant yin-yang orb in GoM, but that would only scale to her, and I don't think we would know how much a magical orb would weight. I remember one more lifting strength feat, but I can't for the life of me remember because I'm too tired.
Why are you as a man calculating the weight of balls? Kinda gay, don't you think?

Anyways, 2-C edits are done. Feels good to see after all this time.

Y'know for a series that brings up infinite recursion a lot, I'm kinda surprised nobody ever tried to argue for 2-A/high 1-B with that evidence instead of branes or Hecatia's infinite hells statement. Like I've found at least 3 instances of infinite recursion, how did people miss this shit?

Y'know for a series that brings up infinite recursion a lot, I'm kinda surprised nobody ever tried to argue for 2-A/high 1-B with that evidence instead of branes or Hecatia's infinite hells statement. Like I've found at least 3 instances of infinite recursion, how did people miss this shit?
Woah.

Does anyone have a source on the claim that the Netherworld is a part of Gensokyo? It's very important for a revision I'm working on, and while the wiki does mention it, it gives no source and we should all know by now to never take the wiki's word at face value.
unknown.png

When is Junko's profile gonna be fixed? I heard it was bad.
Eventually. The god revisions will likely take longer than anything else I have currently planned, bar tier 1 stuff. Not because it's particularly long or anything, it's just the part of Touhou lore I understand the least.

That being said I don't think Junko's profile is that bad. She just shouldn't have an avatar key.

Anybody else find it weird that between this wiki, the fandom wiki for Touhou, and the 'main' Touhou wiki, we're the only ones who openly admit Miko is trans?

Anybody else find it weird that between this wiki, the fandom wiki for Touhou, and the 'main' Touhou wiki, we're the only ones who openly admit Miko is trans?
Don't think I've ever heard of anything like that here in the wiki, but hey, trans representation is now a thing.

Back