• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

If we're speaking purely about Smash Bracket rules then maybe, but immobilization shouldn't work as Mokou can literally burn herself to ash and then regen. I don't see any reliable ways of putting her down when her mobility and speed is much more impressive.

When someone like Cirno has FTL feats, I think they wouldn't be dumb enough to not let Mokou upscale. And, GG lacks a lot of explicit speed feats. Like, I think Sol has laser dodging, but that's it.

If we're speaking purely about Smash Bracket rules then maybe, but immobilization shouldn't work as Mokou can literally burn herself to ash and then regen. I don't see any reliable ways of putting her down when her mobility and speed is much more impressive.
Oh yeah, you're right. I admit I was too enamored by the idea of the fight ending in Sol from Final Fantasy bearhugging Mokou until she surrenders that I ignored she can explode and revive elsewhere.

When someone like Cirno has FTL feats, I think they wouldn't be dumb enough to not let Mokou upscale. And, GG lacks a lot of explicit speed feats. Like, I think Sol has laser dodging, but that's it.
I mean, we are talking about the same guys that put Paper Mario at 18 mph
FqaPmMxWYAcxs75

And game Sonic at 900 m/s
FqaQ4hQWwAkKG2i
I lost all confidence in them making Touhou characters faster than sound. I predict they will just say that Touhou's light attacks don't move at the speed of real light and that they'll say Mokou moves slower than 100 mph.

I lost all confidence in them making Touhou characters faster than sound. I predict they will just say that Touhou's light attacks don't move at the speed of real light and that they'll say Mokou moves slower than 100 mph.
If anyone on the research team bothers to do real research, then they'll know one of the three fairies control literal light, and bent light from the sun into a shaded area (which Marisa dodged while off-guard).

But, like you said, they had sonic at like, mach 3. We'll see how they do. Hopefully this is just a case of early series growing pains, like how early Death Battle didn't even have End of DBZ at reliably planet level, and had thor at hypersonic speeds.

They don't do scaling so it wouldn't matter anyways. Mokou will be subsonic and like, city block level. However, that doesn't mean she won't win, since SB downplay goes both ways. Can't wait for peak human speed/wall level Sol!
If I remember correctly, they do accept scaling, but only after being put through heavy scrutiny. Upscaling from fairies is like upscaling from a goomba, so hopefully they realize it isn't farfetched scaling.

If I remember correctly, they do accept scaling, but only after being put through heavy scrutiny. Upscaling from fairies is like upscaling from a goomba, so hopefully they realize it isn't farfetched scaling.
ummmm but mokou's never fought fairies....... how do we know she wouldn't get blitzed......................

I've said that I will eat a whole pepper if Mokou loses to Sol from Castlevania in that future Crossover Colosseum episode. I wonder if me eating a whole pepper will get me more views than usual.

The idea is to start with profile rewrites/downgrades, which will give me a clear canvas for everything else.
I know this is too much to ask, but while you are at it I think changing the scans from just texts to actual scenes in the game is a good idea.
It always bothered me to see the scans being just plain ol' boring text while the other verses had cool scenery and context to look at.
Even that aside, it makes reading much bearable lol
While its obvious that not every scan is coming with a visual but its best to use what we have.

Last edited:
Bored so i want to ask, which these three fangames that you guys like more: Touhou Luna Nights, Gensokyo Night Festival, or Mystia Izakaya?
2450745f02c03aca9c8e492cfb081151e326d7ed.png
Cooking is not really my thing, unless its cooking ass that is!
So its gotta be Gensokyo Night Festival.
While Luna Nights' mechanics are fun and all, I prefer GNF due to amazing pixel art and stuning FX.

I know this is too much to ask, but while you are at it I think changing the scans from just texts to actual scenes in the game is a good idea.
It always bothered me to see the scans being just plain ol' boring text while the other verses had cool scenery and context to look at.
Even that aside, it makes reading much bearable lol
While its obvious that not every scan is coming with a visual but its best to use what we have.
ughhhh
I'll try to do that where I can, but one issue I have with that is that some older translations aren't the best (the old IN translations were an issue previously, for example), and when relying on gameplay footage it's impossible to tell which translation is being used.

Not to mention, stuff like manuals or SCoOW sort of necessitate using just the raw text with no visuals.

Bro went from Omniscience to Not even close 😞

Keine Kamishirasawa

She transforms into a hakutaku during the full moon, at which time all information is known to her.
(Demo profile)

Keine Kamishirasawa
As a human, she has the ability to eat histories. As a hakutaku, she possesses all knowledge about Gensokyo.
(Current Profile)

Haven't played Night Festival, and between Luna Nights and Mystia's Izakaya, I'd say I prefer Luna Nights
reminds me that I haven't finished the DLC for Mystia's
Good luck dealing with RNG God
Mystia Izakaya Bosses are no joke lmao, it's like you're dealing with PODD/POFV AI but in food wars
Haven't played the other games but Luna Nights is an incredibly fun game to just blitz through in a couple hours.
Gal, with right equipment (thousand dagger our beloved) and so on you can annihilate anything it's so satisfying 😂👌

Bro went from Omniscience to Not even close 😞

Keine Kamishirasawa
She transforms into a hakutaku during the full moon, at which time all information is known to her.
(Demo profile)

Keine Kamishirasawa
As a human, she has the ability to eat histories. As a hakutaku, she possesses all knowledge about Gensokyo.
(Current Profile)
ZUN nerf fr fr 😤😥

Bored so i want to ask, which these three fangames that you guys like more: Touhou Luna Nights, Gensokyo Night Festival, or Mystia Izakaya?
2450745f02c03aca9c8e492cfb081151e326d7ed.png
I have only played Luna Nights but that's because I am a sucker for platformer games. I remember completing nearly all of Luna Nights and even defeating the final boss but I couldn't get past the post-game content. I spent 9 hours fighting Reimu and after hundreds of attempts, I uninstalled the game.
Luna Nights it's an 8/10, pretty fun.

Are the other games good?

I have only played Luna Nights but that's because I am a sucker for platformer games. I remember completing nearly all of Luna Nights and even defeating the final boss but I couldn't get past the post-game content. I spent 9 hours fighting Reimu and after hundreds of attempts, I uninstalled the game.

I would recommend Genso Wanderer Reloaded for a fan game. Mystery dungeon game with a ton of content and things to do and try out. It has a decent main story and multiple side stories (Including one for Futo and Tojiko of all characters). If you do get it you should get the Sakuya dlc since it comes with a side story, few new dungeons and one of them has really, really good drops but is one of the harder ones. All the character DLC gives 20 characters to play which is nice. Normal version is 35$ on Steam with no sale. The only major downside of the game I think is worth pointing out is that the late game dungeons become absurdly hard and some character abilities have rng to them.

I would recommend Genso Wanderer Reloaded for a fan game. Mystery dungeon game with a ton of content and things to do and try out. It has a decent main story and multiple side stories (Including one for Futo and Tojiko of all characters). If you do get it you should get the Sakuya dlc since it comes with a side story, few new dungeons and one of them has really, really good drops but is one of the harder ones. All the character DLC gives 20 characters to play which is nice. Normal version is 35$ on Steam with no sale. The only major downside of the game I think is worth pointing out is that the late game dungeons become absurdly hard and some character abilities have rng to them.
I got two separate Genso games and dropped them pretty early. I guess mystery dungeon games that aren't pokemon just don't appeal to me.

I saw a fangame on the switch that's actually a vertical scrolling bullet hell, so I'm happy about that. Something closer to Touhou on the go.

Azure Reflections? That one’s excellent. That was the game I used as practice to gateway myself into Touhou. Solid simple patterns with fun mechanics, good customization and top notch presentation. Plus all the lore stuff and characterization is super good

Azure Reflections? That one’s excellent. That was the game I used as practice to gateway myself into Touhou. Solid simple patterns with fun mechanics, good customization and top notch presentation. Plus all the lore stuff and characterization is super good
Azure Reflections is great, but that one is a horizontal scroller. There's a new vertical scroller one that has unique (and I think RPG-esque) mechanics, but it can be played like a standard touhou game if one chooses to.

The two that i mentioned are very good in their way, Mystia Izakaya is a fun cooking simulator but oh boi the boss battle there was intense and hard as heck
Gensokyo Night Festival is an unique metroid-like games and fun as well

The two that i mentioned are very good in their way, Mystia Izakaya is a fun cooking simulator but oh boi the boss battle there was intense and hard as heck
Gensokyo Night Festival is an unique metroid-like games and fun as well
Metroid like game? That's all you had to say. I am going to pirate the game because I am broke legally buy the game through Steam and play it. I love platformers.

Azure Reflections is great, but that one is a horizontal scroller. There's a new vertical scroller one that has unique (and I think RPG-esque) mechanics, but it can be played like a standard touhou game if one chooses to.
Oh? I haven’t heard of that one at all. Do you know it’s name?

FELLAS, A TOUHOU SONG BY BRANDON YATES

Track goes insane, rip Trunks tho lol

I just remembered something. Back when I didn't know a lot about Touhou I watched SuikaKasen and I thought Kasen was an OC, not a canon character. I was very surprised when the cute lesbian with a bandage arm and tragic backstory was a real canon character and not an OC.

But now that I think of it, Kasen definitely looks like a Touhou OC.
I mean, hear me out. Kasen is an oni and a hermit (OC makers like race hybrids a lot), she has a cool bandages and a prothesis (OC makers like to make their OCs have those a lot), she has a DARK SIDE that goes BERSERK and she is very strong and important (no OC maker dares to make their OC a background character, they'll always be important and OP) Do y'all agree? Is she OC-like? Or am I babbling nonsense?

I'll probably go to sleep now, I am thinking too much.

Last edited:
I mean, hear me out. Kasen is an oni and a hermit (OC makers like race hybrids a lot), she has a cool bandages and a prothesis (OC makers like to make their OCs have those a lot), she has a DARK SIDE that goes BERSERK and she is very strong and important (no OC maker dares to make their OC a background character, they'll always be important and OP) Do y'all agree? Is she OC-like? Or am I babbling nonsense?
What a horrible day to be able to read

Back