• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Eh

As much as I'd like to see it, I much prefer the process of introducing new locations and characters rather than harping on old ones. I'll make an exception for Shinki and Rikako though :v
Hey, give my girl Elly an appearance so her and Yuuka can reunite once again >:v
Seriously, there's so few of characters extention of Current Yuuka right now it make me sad lel

Also Rikako suck, Kana is way better

Eh

As much as I'd like to see it, I much prefer the process of introducing new locations and characters rather than harping on old ones. I'll make an exception for Shinki and Rikako though :v
Shinki and Mima are the two I’d like to see back, I think they still have a lot more you could do with them left.

To be fair, any of PC-98 chars have so many potential left to be explored, Gengetsu/Mugetsu with Dream World and their connection with Doremy, Yumemi with the modern era of Outside World, and whoever the f*** Sariel is

Unfortunately a lot of more notable calcs (Dream World Crossing, Amitabha uni size, etc) are completely overridden by a lot of the infinite size statements so a lot of actually notable calcs just aren’t present
There still should be, given we talk about cosmic level feats, which always make Tier 3/2 much more solid.

oho
I wonder why Megumu made the snow red.

I also wonder if Chimata, Aya, and Megumu have some sort of cold resistance. Aunn is out there wearing winter clothes while those 3 aren't covering their arms, legs, or face which would probably freeze a normal human. I can't say if that's true though, I would definitively survive in the snow without covering my legs, arms, or face so I can't speak from personal experience.

I just remembered a Spanish-speaking powerscaling site (Ficción sin límites) put Reimu at what I think would be High Outerversal from our tiering system, the other Touhou top tiers are outerversal.

Funnily enough, they put Cirno's true form at Outerversal

I just remembered a Spanish-speaking powerscaling site (Ficción sin límites) put Reimu at what I think would be High Outerversal from our tiering system, the other Touhou top tiers are outerversal.

Funnily enough, they put Cirno's true form at Outerversal
Let it never be said I'm a Touhou wanker when this site exists.

There still should be, given we talk about cosmic level feats, which always make Tier 3/2 much more solid.
Well by that I mean those calcs are “overridden” by a statement about that space instead being infinite, instead making it either an infinite speed or L2C/2C/2B feat instead, instead of super high 3A or super high MFTL+

I mean the others like Amitabha or feats similar to Utsuho's one.
What’s Utushos one again? I’m blanking.

And yeah while I agree stuff like Amitabha’s feat should be documented, with how this site typically handles stuff like that it would be overridden by Heaven’s size being stated to be infinite.

What’s Utushos one again? I’m blanking.
I meant Suika* I dunno why I got confused.
And yeah while I agree stuff like Amitabha’s feat should be documented, with how this site typically handles stuff like that it would be overridden by Heaven’s size being stated to be infinite.
Am I supposed to care? Supportive evidence makes things look cooler and more solid. Tier 4/3 feats are always welcome.

I meant Suika* I dunno why I got confused.

Am I supposed to care? Supportive evidence makes things look cooler and more solid. Tier 4/3 feats are always welcome.
I literally agree with you dude lmfao, I’m just saying that shit tends to be ignored on this site BECAUSE of the fact we argue them to be tier 2 or higher instead. I’d love for them to be documented as potential other readings to the feats though.

I literally agree with you dude lmfao, I’m just saying that shit tends to be ignored on this site BECAUSE of the fact we argue them to be tier 2 or higher instead. I’d love for them to be documented as potential other readings to the feats though.
That pretty much. Because the issue of most of Tier 2/1 verses is that the ratings are all just "Fought this guy" and nothing else.

That pretty much. Because the issue of most of Tier 2/1 verses is that the ratings are all just "Fought this guy" and nothing else.
It’s moreso that like, there’s nothing to calc with tier 2/1 verses. Everything in those tiers is so far beyond what we could feasibly calculate it inevitably just becomes “is described like this” and “x person interacted with said construct, y person fought them”

It’s moreso that like, there’s nothing to calc with tier 2/1 verses. Everything in those tiers is so far beyond what we could feasibly calculate it inevitably just becomes “is described like this” and “x person interacted with said construct, y person fought them”
That I know. But one thing I like about Kirby profiles is the use of Tier 5 to 3 feats still despite being Tier 2.

It's currently 7 pm here and I am bored so I'm gonna try to read all 51 chapters of wild and horned hermit. I wonder if my attention span could handle it. Anyway, I'll be back when I finish reading.

Though to answer your question, I'd say that at least multiple thousands of people are actually fans of KKHTA. I have seen multiple fanmade continuations and videos about KKHTA, I am even in a server about KKHTA fans where some of them are making a fanfic that continues that fanfic. KKHTA has reached mythical status in the Touhou community, it's a fanfic that has fanfics. Not many can do that.
Sound about right, i knew it has big fanbase due of how much memetic the fishing rod are

Although i have found an answer of why many peoples like it: It's more about the fact that it has that such of shocking factor and the dread atmosphere of KKHTA that has leave the folks who discovered it devastated, this is also the main factors of Evangelion

However, for folks who genuinely like the stay-in canon and characters of Touhou, KKHTA is nothing but an edgy af fanfic that butchered a lot's of characters for the sake of gore and massacre
Which is why Igyoukyou Grotesque Land Story is way more liked

However, my philosophy of fiction to be liked and memorable: "You don't need to be perfect to be memorable", which KKHTA has achieved, more than that even, despite the massive major flaws it had

Sound about right, i knew it has big fanbase due of how much memetic the fishing rod are

Although i have found an answer of why many peoples like it: It's more about the fact that it has that such of shocking factor and the dread atmosphere of KKHTA that has leave the folks who discovered it devastated, this is also the main factors of Evangelion

However, for folks who genuinely like the stay-in canon and characters of Touhou, KKHTA is nothing but an edgy af fanfic that butchered a lot's of characters for the sake of gore and massacre
Which is why Igyoukyou Grotesque Land Story is way more liked

However, my philosophy of fiction to be liked and memorable: "You don't need to be perfect to be memorable", which KKHTA has achieved, more than that even, despite the massive major flaws it had
KKHTA is like a dark comedy for me at least.
Also.
Fishing Rod.

Oh i just realized that March 1st is the "Wheelchair day"
I might be late but happy Wheelchair day for our best Sage Okina!
Matara.Okina.full.3898476.jpg

Touhou.600.2874978.jpg

I wonder, are there even good serious Touhou creepypastas?

I remember seeing one were Koishi killed or mind controlled other characters and made them act spooky (I don't remember exactly what she did, I read it months ago) but when she got revealed to be the big bad of the creepypasta story she suddenly got destroyed by Yukari who was like "My bad, it seems Koishi started Koishing"

I've read other ones but they were shitposts or yandere fantasies

Yo, a friend asked me to ask people from this forum that are knowledgeable about Touhou to answer his questions. He wants to know why Hecatia is the strongest. He probably meant why Hecatia is the strongest in the lore regardless of word of God saying she is the strongest. Since ya know, for a casual Touhou fan all they know about Hecatia is that she has the power of having 3 bodies and that's it, nothing OP.

Fprqtr2XwAIjiOx
Why vs battle wiki tho? That same statement is in the Touhou wiki.

The real question should be why the strongest in the verse dresses like she gives no *****. And do the chains imply some kind of kink.

ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS GUYS. We need to know.

Why vs battle wiki tho? That same statement is in the Touhou wiki.
Well, he didn't say that "Hecatia being the strongest" was a statement that came from this wiki, ZUN made that statement. So I guess he wanted to know if y'all agreed with that statement or if there is evidence from the lore (Other than ZUN's statement) that proved or denied Hecatia being the strongest since maybe he thinks y'all are knowledgeable on Touhou lore things related to powerscaling. Oh and fun fact, that friend was the person that showed me screenshots of some people from this wiki talking crap about a Reddit post I made, which led me to make an account on this wiki just to argue with those people. (I still think Touhou caps at mountain level, maybe star level if I am feeling nice today)
The real question should be why the strongest in the verse dresses like she gives no *****. And do the chains imply some kind of kink.

ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS GUYS. We need to know.
I am not sure, I dislike that Hecatia dresses like an emo because I hate emos and goths. I remembered that another friend told me she hates how different Hecatia is from Hecate. I also remembered that I saw a cool drawing of Hecatia having 3 heads and dressing like a greek goddess and I wish her canon design was more like that one.

I am not sure, I dislike that Hecatia dresses like an emo because I hate emos and goths. I remembered that another friend told me she hates how different Hecatia is from Hecate. I also remembered that I saw a cool drawing of Hecatia having 3 heads and dressing like a greek goddess and I wish her canon design was more like that one.
As opposed to all other Touhou characters, whose outfits are 1-to-1 recreations of what they should've been irl.

Also imagine hating goths, ******* lmao.

As opposed to all other Touhou characters, whose outfits are 1-to-1 recreations of what they should've been irl.
Fair enough but her design should have taken more inspiration from Hecate or maybe it should have been better in general, I am not sure how exactly but I'd take anything over what we have now.
Also imagine hating goths, ******* lmao.
They all look like clowns that adore satan. Like mimes but sadder. I don't understand the internet's adoration of emo/goths.

Back