• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Ive been wondering, if gods end up having 3 keys, what tier would the divine spirit be? Comparable to the avatar, comparable to the nameless form, or just unknown?

I can't remember don't think there are any any impressive feats done by divine spirits, compared to deities and the primordial forms of said deities, so I think listing their tier as just unknown would be fine.

Ive been wondering, if gods end up having 3 keys, what tier would the divine spirit be? Comparable to the avatar, comparable to the nameless form, or just unknown?
I think they should be compared to their avatars since they still have a name hence why they lost the ability to exist within everything and their powers got "restricted".
Now that I think about it tho... if a god loses a name shouldn't it keep their avatar's abilities since its the "restricted" version of a god? By that logic all nameless gods must share the hax that belongs to every named god in the series (maybe not tsukumogamis). Best wank of all time.

Edit: I don't think it should be unknown cus gods without avatars like Bishamonten still is considered powerfull. (It might be my headcanon mixed in with lore!! don't count on it!!)

Last edited:
I think they should be compared to their avatars since they still have a name hence why they lost the ability to exist within everything and their powers got "restricted".
Now that I think about it tho... if a god loses a name shouldn't it keep their avatar's abilities since its the "restricted" version of a god? By that logic all nameless gods must share the hax that belongs to every named god in the series (maybe not tsukumogamis). Best wank of all time.
Gods having all verse powers is reasonable, actually, since Rinnosuke says the powers gained from names are the same powers that the original spirit possessed (paraphrasing heavily). Basically, all named things only have powers because nameless divine spirits also possess those powers (on top of supporting stuff like creating magic systems or sustaining magic just by existing).

I did forget about name/faith scaling admittedly, so good catch on that front.

Looking at the Kratos vs Reimu match, no one brought up the impossible danmaku argument.
Here it is:
Imperishable Night/Spell Cards/Stage 4A Boss spell card #3 Normal difficulty

Huh? why am I posting it here? I don't wanna caught up in an argument with my pants down, also skill issues

Is this Touhou Discussion thread?
Why there is so many memes that @Kisaragi_Megumi posted?
Yes.

That sounds like a question for them, but I guess there are just a lot of Touhou memes out there.

Unrelated, but a new interview with ZUN just dropped. Some interesting pieces of info, like how he doesn't really approve of gacha games, or that anyone can be Marisa as long as they put on a witch hat (really hope that 20 year old "guy" comes to a realization about his desire to become a woman)

Yes.

That sounds like a question for them, but I guess there are just a lot of Touhou memes out there.

Unrelated, but a new interview with ZUN just dropped. Some interesting pieces of info, like how he doesn't really approve of gacha games, or that anyone can be Marisa as long as they put on a witch hat (really hope that 20 year old "guy" comes to a realization about his desire to become a woman)

Make you wonder why Lost World can be a thing lel

Lost World Fans when they realize that ZUN doesn't approve gacha games mean ZUN doesn't approve Patchy a** be like:
john-cena-disbelief.gif

Make you wonder why Lost World can be a thing lel
Just because he dislikes a thing doesn't mean he won't allow it to exist. He's pretty lax in terms of what he'll allow for fan content, after all.

Lost Word fans are quaking in their boots because ZUN disapproves of their simping.
Imagine being one of the only fanworks to get explicit disapproval from the original creator 💀
but hey, at least danmaku kagura is getting a non-gacha game

New CDS is out. Raws only, will post translations when they go up.

So, Mizuchi now has power null/tech manipulation/data manipulation. This on top of energy absorption/sleep manipulation/possession is gonna make her a force to be reckoned with in VS debates, not to mention vengeful spirit NEP.

New CDS is out. Raws only, will post translations when they go up.

So, Mizuchi now has power null/tech manipulation/data manipulation. This on top of energy absorption/sleep manipulation/possession is gonna make her a force to be reckoned with in VS debates, not to mention vengeful spirit NEP.
How many layers her NEP is?

Pikmin, Deidalius, are you two there?
Considering that i have a major issue with KKHTA and both of you dislike KKHTA with passion, made me wondering: How many peoples really like KKHTA?
Idk, there’s a dedicated fan base for it but I have no idea how big it’s community is. I run into a lot of KKHTA fans though

Deidalius actually loves it though I’m the one who hates it lmao

Tho the lack of calcs in the verse is legit scary.

I had to collect all the accepted/used calcs months ago here, but there are much, much more feats which can be calced lol.
Unfortunately a lot of more notable calcs (Dream World Crossing, Amitabha uni size, etc) are completely overridden by a lot of the infinite size statements so a lot of actually notable calcs just aren’t present

I never noticed that Yumemi planetary feat somehow though lol, I wish I had included that in my blogs that’s a super interesting one.

Idk, there’s a dedicated fan base for it but I have no idea how big it’s community is. I run into a lot of KKHTA fans though
Considering how much Koishi being memed with the fishing rod, i bet the fanbase is quite large
Edgy + Shitty artstyle + Gore is generally underwhelming + Story being nonsense + Anyone being very OOC + Everyone is violent for the sake of being so.
and something about butchering the characters that you can't even see them the same anymore, look at Koakuma and Watatsuki Sisters, and even the Lunarians as well

yo @Shmooply, if you're still working on the canonicity thread, a recent interview just confirmed that PC-98 and Windows take place in the same world, so that's further support for the two not being different timelines/AUs like what DT suggested.
I forgot the link 💀

Make me hope that the other PC-98 Cast will get shown up soon in the modern time, and i'm not talking only for Mima lel

Back