• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Norse Kratos versus Reimu REMATCH: Dad of War vs The True God of Poverty

Redoing this old thread now that both of their profiles are almost close to being perfect, compared to back when both were terribly outdated. Let's see who wins now.

Kratos -
Reimu Hakurei -
Fanon Marisa steals their stuff while they aren't looking (Incon) -

DA RULES:
- Norse Mythos key Kratos is being used
  • Windows Canon Reimu is being used
  • Reimu doesn't have access to the Ultramarine Orb Elixir, Ability Cards, or Player System Cards

• How many universes does Reimu scale to?
  • What does she open with and what abilities are there to watch out for?

Before i Check the hax list how many universes reimi scales to?
Norse Kratos scales to 12 universes, right? Reimu scales to characters who were stated to shake multiple 2-C structures, and is above a character who could create perfect copies of four 2-C worlds. So Kratos has a massive AP advantage here.
What does she open with and what abilities are there to watch out for?
Danmaku that has a lot of projectiles, including her amulets that can seal away or paralyze targets.

Here's just a small example of what her danmaku can do:

Too lazy to edit, but Reimu has Spirit Manipulation as well, but I think most of its actually notable abilities wouldn't work on Kratos considering his 4-D soul.
So she tries to soul hax, it don't work. There's nothing on the cute girl's profile he doesn't resist, and so Kratos with morality of 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 assaults the beautiful lady

Kratos FRA

Stamina reduction it's Possible a issue cuz can't remember Something kratos directly resisting this tho the rest isn't

and so Kratos with morality of 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 assaults the beautiful lady
Kid named Fantasy Nature:

If Kratos does try to go into melee range, Reimu can just use Fantasy Nature, considering her form of intangibility is something I think Kratos has never interacted with, as the ability makes her "float" above a 2-B structure.

Kid named Fantasy Nature:

If Kratos does try to go into melee range, Reimu can just use Fantasy Nature, considering her form of intangibility is something I think Kratos has never interacted with, as the ability makes her "float" above a 2-B structure.
And what if he just goes to outrange fight, which is in character in a situation he can't meele range

And what if he just goes to outrange fight, which is in character in a situation he can't meele range
That'd be an issue for him, since he's fighting a character who is highly experienced in ranged fights, and has abilities that give her an edge in those types of scenarios like barriers and teleportation.

That'd be an issue for him, since he's fighting a character who is highly experienced in ranged fights, and has abilities that give her an edge in those types of scenarios like barriers and teleportation.
Only i noticed so far it's sealing, and that's depending on where bro sealed

Kratos is scales to a greater number of universes (as far as I can tell) meaning that any singular hit would do Reimu in. Conversely, Reimu can't really cause Kratos any physical harm at all with her projectiles so she'd have to rely on her hax based advantages to win.

Danmaku would be quite a pain but he can nullify even area of effect attacks that cause various status effects, including petrification, via his Spartan Rage. And he has his enhanced senses, instinctive reactions, accelerated development and shield to help mitigate the issue down further. Realm Shift is resisted so he unfortunately can't rely on that but he doesn't really need to as far as I can tell.

Her Spirit Manipulation seems dependent on affecting Kratos' mind/soul/emotions and he resists such effects to a higher-dimensional level so he's mostly fine in that department. As for most of her remaining abilities, Kratos resists them pretty handily as well.

The rest of her powers he can ignore outright and his accelerated development and reactive evolution in combat would be a pretty decisive turn in his favour, seeing as he could not only go from not even grazing a precognitive telepath to completely dominating the latter and can even evolve to ignore temporal powers in the course of a single fight.

But of course, her Float ability would make this a chore and a half for Kratos if she opens with it and he doesn't get a hit inside in time. But Kratos can just drag things out if need be and grow stronger, faster, more capable until she eventually tires and her remaining means have been evolved beyond. As for her ranged battle options, they'd be a pain but Kratos at this point has fought precognitive telepaths, reality warpers, time manipulators and even stronger clones of himself while initially disadvantaged and overcame them all in the course of their fights.

Voting Kratos for now.

Reimu currently massively up scales to the amount of Universes Doremy Sweet can create with her Danmaku (Which is 50 last time I counted).

Reimu currently massively up scales to the amount of Universes Doremy Sweet can create with her Danmaku (Which is 50 last time I counted).
Right, forgot dream souls are accepted as their own 2-C universes as well. This changes some things.

Hmmm, then that puts things in a titanic snag. Kratos can't really damage Reimu at all without resorting to more esoteric powers and most of those are resisted in turn.

He can nullify the Danmaku and still grow stronger and faster but now one mistake will kill him instantly. He still has his instinctive reaction to grow stronger and faster every moment but will be fully defensive considering how he senses the destructive nature of the orbs flying towards him, at least until he completely overwhelms her in speed and can reliably attack without getting snuffed out. Worse comes to worse, he plays completely on the backfoot until he can blitz her and she tires enough to get out of her Float state where he can destroy and absorb her soul and concept with his bare hands but that's not something he liberally does in his Norse key.

Inconclusive for me now. Kratos can still win but it's nowhere near reliable enough for me to give him the win.

There's one factor we completely forgot.

Reimu is a small girl. And we know Kratos isn't offensive towards kids.
He practically has no wincons, even subjugation is not possible due to strength difference.

There's one factor we completely forgot.

Reimu is a small girl. And we know Kratos isn't offensive towards kids.
He practically has no wincons, even subjugation is not possible due to strength difference.
Reimu's 20 but I suppose the looks might be an issue.

Still, inconclusive to me. My above explanation factored Kratos eventually just being too fast and nimble to hit but at the same time, he won't go for his most lethal blows in-character. So, none of them can really do much to the other. At best, he just sorta survives until she exhausts herself and passes out but Idk how much of a wincon this is, if it is at all.

I believe that Reimu would have an advantage and would likely win due to having better agility, better flight, and teleportation. I believe she could spam long-distance attacks and tank nearly everything Kratos throws at her. I am also not sure if Kratos has anything that could harm Reimu while she uses her Fantasy nature.

I believe that Reimu would have an advantage and would likely win due to having better agility, better flight, and teleportation. I believe she could spam long-distance attacks and tank nearly everything Kratos throws at her. I am also not sure if Kratos has anything that could harm Reimu while she uses her Fantasy nature.
His best bet would be outlasting her and after developing to be too fast to deal with, getting close enough destroy her soul and concept and absorb them. But that's out-of-character for him so he'd be at an impasse. Hence the inconclusive.

I doubt her agility, flight or teleportation is an issue for Kratos, who's fought and killed several clones of himself, a flying temporal magic wielder that could make himself instantaneous in combat relative to himself and a proper flying teleporter who spammed clones with no issue.

If it turns into a battle of who can fight longer than the other one then I believe Kratos would win since he has better stamina feats than Reimu and because he has accelerated development. I don't see how Reimu's boundary manipulation could help her a lot here, does that thing work like reality warping?

If it turns into a battle of who can fight longer than the other one then I believe Kratos would win since he has better stamina feats than Reimu and because he has accelerated development. I don't see how Reimu's boundary manipulation could help her a lot here, does that thing work like reality warping?
It's a God that can manipulate boundaries similar to Yukari (Type 1 concept).

Anyways,

I assume Norse Kratos doesn't have his Greek self's extreme levels of bullshit, yeah? I'm making this response assuming that's the case. To start, I don't see resistance to sealing, which is a pretty big issue seeing as two of Reimu's more common spell cards (which she can and has used frequently, even in non-lethal duels) seal the target upon contact, as well as Reimu's ability to seal powers. That's a pretty easy wincon right off the bat.

Also, seeing as Fantasy Nature is quite literally a state of mind, I don't think it's unfair to assume Reimu would open with it. Sure, it has a time limit if Reimu is in-character, but there's nothing stopping her from just... not abiding by the time limit if she picks up on any killing intent from Kratos and realizes he's out for blood (which her ESP is more than capable of). The time limit itself may not be a huge limiter anyways, given the extent of the AP gap and Reimu's sealing.

And, as mentioned above, Reimu does have type 1 concept manipulation, though the exact limits of her abilities with it have never been expanded upon. Base Reimu has similar concept hax, but again, very unclear what she can do with it (aside from one instance of her messing with the seasons).

So yeah, I'm kinda leaning Reimu due to FN + sealing + a big AP advantage. Kratos closing the distance between them before Reimu can use FN would give him a fighting chance, but that's kinda unlikely and even then he isn't guaranteed a win.

Last edited:
Norse Kratos possesses all the innate hax he had in his Demigod self that doesn't involve outside equipment or someone else's magic but his own, and then some.

Anyway, i'll prolly go with Reimu based on the current debate here above, might change to incon if there's more of convincing arguments from both sides

Back