• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TOP 10 ANIME PLOT TWISTS: Possibly countless 2-B or even 2-A Arceus, Creation Trio and Lake Guardians.

I came up with this a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if anyone discovered this before me.

Ready? Go!

As we all know, every single copy of Pokemon game is count as one universe, and since, there are over 300 milion copies of games, so, there are over 300 milion universes on Pokemon multiverse. Ok, good...but what about... a single playthrough?

Example:

Cal buyed a Pokemon Platinum. He starts the game, and choose for a starter a Chimchar. Later, he catch another 5 pokemons: Buizel, Bidoof, Starly, Pachirisu and Ralts. After he beat the game, he reset his save file and start another game.

This time, he choose as a starter Piplup and later he catch: Shinx, Bidoof, Machop, Togepi and Ponyta. After he beat the game, he reset his save file and start another journey...Do you know whre am I going?

Every single copy of Pokemon Platinum (and other Poke-games) can be played in countless way:

Countless number of adventeres.

Countless stories.

Countless number of catched Pokemon.

Countless Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus.

Countless versions of one game - universe.

Here's my question: can a single playthrough be count as a separate universe?

Even assuming it's legit:

1. It's still not 2-A

2. It doesn't change the number of universes because you need to delete your old save file to create a new one

Theoretically, if you traded a Pokemon from one save file then deleted that save file and made a new one, that Pokemon and the trainer ID of the trainer from the first save file would all still exist. And if that Pokemon was, say, a Dialga or Palkia...

I'm probably overthinking this, but either way this would just be a higher degree of countless that wouldn't reach 2-A.

Honestly it's still 2B due to the fact that the number will never reach infinite. The only way is to have it been stated as infinite by definition in-game or even in the anime.

Game resets aren't canon to the story, literally nothing implies they are

Also i am pretty sure nothing points at Pokemon being under the many worlds type of multiverse, so there being countless possible things you can do in the games is moot

To me, this could put Arceus at a higher level, since Dialga can affect 300 million universes with just a heartbeat and Arceus is in his dimension and in his room (for a lack of a better word), which is a higher plane of existence of Dialga and Palkia, because Dialga and Palkia are 4D and Giratina is way stronger than both of them at once and even Arceus is so beyond stronger than Giratina, so is it possible for Arceus' tier to be changed from --> 2-B, possibly Low 1-C <--?

Giratina isn't that much stronger than the other two of the creation trio, at best he's shown dominating them singularly and fighting on equal grounds when against both

Overlord775 said:
Giratina isn't that much stronger than the other two of the creation trio, at best he's shown dominating them singularly and fighting on equal grounds when against both
In Pokémon Platinum, Giratina wiped away Dialga and Palkia and opened a portal to trap Cyrus in immediately.

Tbf, in Pokémon Generations, it clearly showed that he merely eliminated the Red Chain that was binding the two into Cyrus's command. Didn't indicate it was significantly stronger, but it can at least fight on par. In terms of individual capabilities, though, Giratina is the most haxed and troublesome of the three to match up with, no question.

Back