• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A little Upgrade(Or A Huge One) For Pokémon God Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper670

He/Him
INTRODUCTION
Before I begin. I want to clear up a couple of misunderstandings here. And that is in relation to the anime depiction of the Distortion World.
The anime depiction of the DW is entirely different from the games.
Even Bulbapedia has them in separate pages. You can compare them here and here. And it's agreed that by Pokémon Canon hierarchy, Primary Canon holds sway over anything else, so significant contradictions like these cannot be used against the primary canon. Here and Here.

Anti-Matter(Pokémon) ≠ Anti-Matter in Physics

Okay so generally we've been under the impression for many years that Giratina is the concept of anti matter, specifically anti matter in physics. Well, that's false. I'll be using the mainline games for this. There was only one instance, in the mainline games that "Anti-Matter" was ever mentioned, that's here. Truth? That was never mentioned in Japanese translation.
The anti-matter the English version said, makes it seem like anti matter in physics, but that is not what it meant at all. Its Masuda who made that clarification on what that meant , the English version threw it in and never explained it, which is why we've never seen Giratina use irl anti matter ever in the series(Just Look at the justification of Anti matter manipulation on his profile) Back to Masuda. He clarified it as a paradox of space and time(the opposite universe, an anti-world, opposite world by the games). The Universe comprises two things: Substance(physical) and Spirit(Metaphysical), textbook definition of Existence . A paradox of existence is the state of existence which does not exist. Which he further explained here and mentioned here. These are paradoxes. An existence that doesn't exist. Contradictions. That which exists but actually doesn't. Those who ventured into it, didn't feel anything at all, and couldn't even interact with it. A place of nothingness. Even It's Avatars appear can't exist within the real world, appearing as shadows. Although it seems to be able manifest physical form, possibly with the help of the Griesious orb

Conclusion 1
A. Giratina would have NEP Nature type 1, Aspect Type 1 and 3 Material non-existence for being nonexistence itself and being the concept of Nothingness. It both exits, as is a reflection, and does not exists, as it's just a reflection. Giratina lacks spirit(mind and soul) ,

It should also be clarified on his profile that anti-matter is not referring to the anti-matter in physics, but it describes his nature as a paradox of existence. Essentially, he's nothing and embodies the concept of Nothingness. Not antimatter in physics, but anti-existence, anti-reality, also known as Nothingness/Nonexistence. Opposite world, universe, existence, reality etc. Nothingness

B. Giratina should have void manipulation and Creation. It can materialize things out of the nothingness in the distortion world, as a puzzle to test the player

C. Chaos manipulation The Distortion world is a place of chaos. Where the rules of time and space change. The Pokémon world's logic doesn't apply there, which also applies to causality. Giratina has control over the forces of chaos over there, just as Dialga and Palkia have full control over their dimensions.

D. Giratina should have Acausality type 4. The DW exists beyond the concepts of time and space, and runs on a different laws/systems, including the law of cause and effect of the Real world

E. Immortality type 5. It's nonexistent

NB: All these apply to its True Form(The DW) and not avatars.

THE HEART

Executor_N0 blog has been verified and accepted on the wiki as valid for knowing more about the justification for the god tiers. So I'll leave that here: This is under the explanation for Arceus. You can read through the scans. I'm going to talk about Executor_N0 explanation of the The Heart, derived from the scans about nature of Arceus True Form :

THE Heart
"When there was nothing else in the world, the Heart was in the middle of a swell of chaos. In this heart, everything was one, time, space, every being were a single existence. After the Heart gained awareness, the world was shaped. It's a single heart that exists beyond time and space and Arceus is its direct manifestation. After creation every being has its own heart, but they are still the same being when looking at the highest level."

The meaning of Non-duality :

Non-duality is the recognition that underlying the multiplicity and diversity of experience there is a single, infinite and indivisible reality, whose nature is pure consciousness, from which all objects and selves derive their apparently independent existence

Which fits exactly with Arceus Nature as described earlier.

This fits with Transduality Type 3. TD 2 for characters who're not tier 1A

Such characters typically exist as contradictions within the context of their setting, and abide to dialetheic systems of logic, or are portrayed as existing within a state of single, indivisible wholeness bereft of any separation.
Which also fits with the nature of Arceus as a single indivisible whole.

So I propose the changes here

Transduality Type 2(Due to his True Nature of Non Binary as explained above, existing as a single indivisible entity devoid of seperation which fits Arceus as seen earlier)

Acausality type 5(Same as above, except in relation to the laws that shape reality of both worlds , including the laws of cause and effect in the Universe. Likewise predating the laws and transcending them).

Nonexistent Physiology Nature type 2, Aspect Type 1, 2, 3 and 5(Same as above, except in relation to Existence and Nonexistence and all the concepts like time, space, spirit, 18 etc)

Immortality type 5. Upscaling from Giratina

C. List of Abilities For Arceus Profile

1. Fate Manipulation via upscaling from Jirachi.

2. Illusion Creation and Madness Manipulation type 3(replace type 2 with this) via upscaling from Hisuian Zoroark.

3. Passive unconventional resistances to to stats reduction( Reversing effects of stat manip via Contrary, Reflecting the effects of stat reduction via mirror armor)

Last edited:
Don't quote me but from what I seen in the past predating existence doesn't equate to type 5 Acausality or even type 4. Also existing outside the system of causality doesn't grant type 5. Its not the same as transcending causality. It's not transcending the concept of causality. It would only be supporting evidence at best that would need other supporting feats. Also, transcending the laws of causality is type 4. Type 5 requires the concept of causality.

Again don't quote me. It's just what I've seen on past threads.

Nah, You don't need to transcend the concept of cause and effect to get Aca 5.

Being outside/transcending the causality of a system is all you need.

B. Giratina should have void manipulation and Creation. It can materialize things out of the nothingness in the distortion world, as a puzzle to test the player
It already has Creation in its true form. Also pretty sure the puzzle was moving the platforms. It had nothing to do with the disappearing and reappearing of the objects of the verse. Void manipulation should be fine to add though.
LLAMA History Lesson
As for Llama.....
He didn't even have any cause for his existence, only an effect. He simply appeared. Encompasses the Multiverse yet simultaneously exists outside of it in its truest form and transcends it, including the concepts of time, space, matter, Spirit, and nonexistence, and all systems/laws/rules within them. These are merely extensions, products of his awareness.

A. Acausality type 4, possibly type 5, as the he exists beyond the multiverse, including the ordinary law of cause and effect of the Pokémon world, and the irregular (Acausal) one of the Distortion world. Time and space being merely extensions of him and certainly have no effect on his being as he doesn't need them for his existence(predates them all) . Certainly superior to the paradoxical Distortion World. And again, all these laws/systems/concepts are just extensions he doesn't need for himself. Which is why he exists outside of it. He's akin to a big house, and the everything in the Pokéverse are the furniture within them
He should have Acausality type 4 based on scaling from Giratina. He has no statements relating to causality of the verse as far as I know, and predating/existing outside multiverses aren't enough or we would have given that ability to almost every Low 2-C character and up.
B. Immortality type 5. Neither exists nor doesn't exist. As the very concepts, of physical, metaphysical and non existent aspects of reality are seperate entities that have been conceptualized from his being. Including the Pokéverse and the DW world where life sparkles and Fades respectively
Distortion World Giratina should scale as well tbh.
C. Resistances to CM. The only concept that existed before he came was Nothingness........ And it turns out that even that nothing is also merely an aspect of his being (Giratina)
Giratina embodies nonexistence, not chaos and I do not believe it was at all related to the chaos Arceus was born in as an egg. Predating doesn't prove a superiority or resistance to anything.
NB: Nep, immortality and CM resistances only applies to true form, and not avatars.
Now that we're talking about it we should probably get rid of conceptual manipulation for Arceus. We don't give characters who predate their universes Conceptual manipulation.

Everything else seems fine.

It already has Creation in its true form. Also pretty sure the puzzle was moving the platforms. It had nothing to do with the disappearing and reappearing of the objects of the verse. Void manipulation should be fine to add though.
Alright
He should have Acausality type 4 based on scaling from Giratina. He has no statements relating to causality of the verse as far as I know, and predating/existing outside multiverses aren't enough or we would have given that ability to almost every Low 2-C character and up.
No problem.
Well.... Alright then
Giratina embodies nonexistence, not chaos and I do not believe it was at all related to the chaos Arceus was born in as an egg. Predating doesn't prove a superiority or resistance to anything
Well, Giratina realm is a realm of disorder(chaos) as mentioned in PLA. And it's also nothingnes.It's kinda in a state the multiverse was before existence came into being. As the CT and LT deadass didn't touch it in the creation story. I'm leaning towards it being primordial chaos tbh

Now that we're talking about it we should probably get rid of conceptual manipulation for Arceus. We don't give characters who predate their universes Conceptual manipulation.
What is he a concept of then, cos nothingness was all there was and that's embodied by Giratina.

He'd probably still have it as the CT dead ass can't concept hax him for sure.
Alright

Well, Giratina realm is a realm of disorder(chaos) as mentioned in PLA.
Yeah, right. I concede to this point, it probably embodies it alongside everything else by definition.
And it's also nothingnes.It's kinda in a state the multiverse was before existence came into being. As the CT and LT deadass didn't touch it in the creation story. I'm leaning towards it being primordial chaos tbh

What is he a concept of then, cos nothingness was all there was and that's embodied by Giratina.
Giratina did not embody something that existed before it's true form existence. There's just no evidence for it. If this was the case it wouldn't be compared to Dialga and Palkia constantly in terms of cosmology and it would have had no issue in traveling to Arceus' realm in Legends.
He'd probably still have it as the CT dead ass can't concept hax him for sure.
They'd probably need to get it removed too if Arceus's concept hax is removed tbh since they have the hax for the same reason.

That could be delayed until another thread though. Let's focus on Arceus for now.

Yeah, right. I concede to this point, it probably embodies it alongside everything else by definition.
Yup
Giratina did not embody something that existed before it's true form existence. There's just no evidence for it. If this was the case it wouldn't be compared to Dialga and Palkia constantly in terms of cosmology and it would have had no issue in traveling to Arceus' realm in Legends.
The something that existed before its true form existed was nothing. Which is what Giratina embodies.
They'd probably need to get it removed too if Arceus's concept hax is removed tbh since they have the hax for the same reason.
They have concept hax for different reasons. Doesn't have anything to do with Arceus. Check their profiles

Agree with everything except for NEP aspect 4 which is information when type 2 information is not confirmed to exist within Pokemon.
However you probably meant aspect 5 for that

I'm lost what Information type 2 really is. I mixed that up with Uxie info type 1 I guess

The CRT itself seems fine to me. Though I feel the need to reply to this. IIRC, Arceus's CM doesn't come from predating the multiverse, but from creating every concept in existence, up to, and including, the concept of existence. Literally countless feats of CM, most notably Heart (A type 1 Concept). It ain't going anywhere.

Someone get staff in this thread if its important, because thats the votes yall need

Agree with all of this, as for giratina, i don't think the chaos that arceus came from is the same giratina embodies, the one giratina lives on is supposed to be the opposite of existence inside arceus, while the primordial one is where arceus itself came from

I don't really see any distinction tho.

Primordial Chaos = Disorder + Nothing. Arceus came and made it Order + Something(the universe).

One is where true form arceus is from, the other is what giratina, who exists inside arceus exists as, the distinction i see is that giratina's chaos is limited to what's inside, while the chaos arceus came from isn't because, yeah.

This is more of an answer for giratina "embodying something before they were created"

One is where true form arceus is from,
He appeared from Nothing
giratina's chaos is limited to what's inside,
He's effectively Sealed(or banished) into the DW because he was violent outside of it.
while the chaos arceus came from isn't because, yeah.
Arceus simply came from Nothing. Which Giratina embodies. Unless there's enough distinction to make a difference, which I'm kind of not seeing here

Here before NEP for the creation trio gets rejected the billionth time

Also I agree with everything

Giratina embodies nonexistence, not chaos and I do not believe it was at all related to the chaos Arceus was born in as an egg. Predating doesn't prove a superiority or resistance to anything.

Listen conceptual manipulation for Arceus isn't going anywhere pal...

If he's gonna be a fodder in low 1C, he's gotta be a frustrating one to kill that's for sure

Reactions: Ego
He appeared from Nothing

He's effectively Sealed(or banished) into the DW because he was violent outside of it.

Arceus simply came from Nothing. Which Giratina embodies. Unless there's enough distinction to make a difference, which I'm kind of not seeing here
Yes, nothing, which is also the chaos before arceus created everything, including giratina.

If giratina really embodies the nothing/chaos that arceus came from, not only would it scale to arceus in existence and abilities, but possible above it, which is definitely not the case as arceus created giratina from himself and is above him and the other members

The distinction in this case is that giratina's nothingness is a lesser form of the nothigness arceus came from, because one is inside arceus and the other is where arceus came from

btw, if this goes through, since giratina's matter and antimatter manip comes from sealing palkia and dialga there, and probably also being able to mold it and repair it, would it become chaos and (a justification on) void manip then?

Chaos is more of the about the illogical nature of the place. Logic doesn't work, physics doesn't work, Causality is wonky, just a disorderly chaotic place with no up down left right or even time. Under the control of Giratina

Matter manipulation would be for sealing the CT with that thing

Void manipulation and Creation for materializing and dematerializing the terrain and objects in the DW.

Chaos is more of the about the illogical nature of the place. Logic doesn't work, physics doesn't work, Causality is wonky, just a disorderly chaotic place with no up down left right or even time. Under the control of Giratina

Matter manipulation would be for sealing the CT with that thing

Void manipulation and Creation for materializing and dematerializing the terrain and objects in the DW.
i know, is just that people mentioned that giratina couldn't be chaos due to it predating him and arceus, i'm saying that giratina embodies chaos inside arceus and stuff.

i see, would lose antimatter manip?

would he also get void and chaos manip for molding the DW as PLA said and repairing it?

Bruh, you're the only one saying that

Yeah

Just as Dialga and Palkia have control over their respective dimensions that mirrors the concept they embody

It's not clear if the nothingness of Giratina is the same of the Primordial Chaos or not (so we cannot make a definitive statement), but I don't think it's particularly important for now. Whetever that is true or not, we are talking about the same concept (nothingness). If there is a distinction we will discover it in the future games (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back