• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Monkey D Luffy vs Mob Psycho 100 (Shigeo Kageyama)

Who the hell released Monkey from his cage 😭
soheb-saucelessss.gif

nodding-smoking-monkey-approves.gif

I am everywhere and no where 🙈

I think I'm going to vote inconclusive. I remember a similar match between Mob and Luffy go down like this, and I believe that the wincons for both back them remain the same now, even with Gear 5. Mob's got significantly higher AP, LS, and the ability to absorb energy from his opponent and everything around him, while Luffy's got speed amps which basically would allow him to blitz Mob.

I think I'm going to vote inconclusive. I remember a similar match between Mob and Luffy go down like this, and I believe that the wincons for both back them remain the same now, even with Gear 5. Mob's got significantly higher AP, LS, and the ability to absorb energy from his opponent and everything around him, while Luffy's got speed amps which basically would allow him to blitz Mob.
One big reason was because luffy was stuck in gear 4 boundman I think

One big reason was because luffy was stuck in gear 4 boundman I think
True, but I still believe even with Gear 5, it doesn't guarantee a win for him. The AP gap here's even bigger than the AP gap was in that match, meaning it'd be even easier for Mob to twist Luffy's body apart than it was before. If he absorbs energy from Luffy and everything around him, then it'll be even worse for Luffy.

🙉

People now just neglecting the arguments for luffy and just voting mob for having higher ap and Esper abilities
Pretty sure Luffy has Empowerment so the AP gap doesn't matter unless Mob is vastly superior and Luffy couldn't close it in time.
And besides, Luffy has Dura Neg and Transmutation, AP wouldn't really matter.

This was mentioned in the Mob vs Tatsumaki thread, but if pushed into a corner, Mob could potentially develop several techniques. He's shown the ability to replicate psychic techniques after having seen them once, and is accepted as more skilled than Teruki. He instantly learned how to manipulate plants when observing how the farm spirit did it, and managed to create an astral projection of his soul after remembering how the esper had done it before. He's got plenty of potential techniques: Telekinetic Helix, Air Whips, Explosion Generation, clones, and given how Toichiro said elemental powers were mere child's play, Mob could possibly replicate those techniques by himself. So if Luffy did manage to back Mob into a corner, I'm of the belief could use those techniques himself.

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Luffy (5th Gear):1.49 Exatons3 (Popted2, Monkeyman, MonkeyofLofe)
Shigeo Kageyama:Oneshots 8.3 Exatons5 (Nierre, Epsilon, edutyn, Lynieryz, Eseseso)
Inconclusive:3 (TUHTPeaSkull12, DD, Randomguy)
Incon: SuperStar, KingTempest,CiscoTheSoto and me
Luffy: DaReaperMan,SnookB,
Luffy FRA
I'll vote incon for now.
Incon atm, I genuinely don't wanna vote and I wanna watch how this goes along
Luffy has way more wicons. Even Mob supporters are saying TK is his best shot and that's not even an easy thing to pull off on Luffy.
My vote's not changing

has anyone given a reason Luffy could get past Mob's regen? he can be ripped apart and even come back from molecules.

Back