• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Monkey D Luffy vs Mob Psycho 100 (Shigeo Kageyama)

Mob's TK is also spawning on you when he intended to attack. its not a projectile.
"When he intended to attack".
Apoo's are avoidable btw. Drake was blitzing his perception and avoiding his attacks since they hit any target in his line of sight.
Luffy would do the same with Mob. Foresee it, blitz his perception to avoid it.

he would not be able to read ??? Mob's mind through all the psychic mental blocks.
Mind reading and telepathy are 2 things he's never shown resisting, but tbf the mind reading was done against base mob my mogami who has greater mind hax than his resistance and telepathy was done by allies. Still, yes he would.

Mind reading and telepathy are 2 things he's never shown resisting, but tbf the mind reading was done against base mob my mogami who has greater mind hax than his resistance and telepathy was done by allies. Still, yes he would.
That's not the only thing obs Haki does as well

I mean... one of Mob's major winconcs seems to be a major downfall now. His Astral projection that is. If he tries leaving his body and Luffy blows it apart he's done for.
I'm sure it just came into play because someone confused the mob regeneration level.

In any case, if you ask me, the new arguments that are trying to be made for mob are not the best.

Suffocate how-
tk to hold him in place and suffocates him with buildings. if he can't move at all to grow in size of transmute he would eventually just run out of oxygen.

f526zdpugxp31.jpg

tk to hold him in place and suffocates him with buildings. if he can't move at all to grow in size of transmute he would eventually just run out of oxygen.

f526zdpugxp31.jpg
What's stopping Luffy from just turning those said buildings to rubber the moment they surround him? He seems to rubberize things without needing to touch/focus on them after all.
Why would Luffy even suffocate there unless he's extremely inclosed? Due to his rubbery nature he was practically squished between two buildings before and unbothered. Was also flattered damn near paper thin by Moria in Black Box and again, no signs of choking.

What happens to the tournament if the match ends in Incon? Do they draw lots to decide who advances to the final?
Exactly. You use a site to toss a coin and the winner goes to the next round. Regardless of results Luffy should probably advance in case of an incon since Mob is undergoing some important revisions rn.

Exactly. You use a site to toss a coin and the winner goes to the next round. Regardless of results Luffy should probably advance in case of an incon since Mob is undergoing some important revisions rn.
Can this thread not wait/last for a day or two more? If Shigeo's LS gets downgraded then he's getting stomped to oblivion pretty much.

What's stopping Luffy from just turning those said buildings to rubber the moment they surround him? He seems to rubberize things without needing to touch/focus on them after all.
when did he rubberize something without touching it?
Why would Luffy even suffocate there unless he's extremely inclosed?
he would be extreme enclosed.
Due to his rubbery nature he was practically squished between two buildings before and unbothered. Was also flattered damn near paper thin by Moria in Black Box and again, no signs of choking.
being stuck between two buildings isn't the same as being entrapped in a mass of buildings. we're not talking about crushing him. Luffy still needs to breathe that's the main point.

Can this thread not wait/last for a day or two more? If Shigeo's LS gets downgraded then he's getting stomped to oblivion pretty much.
Yes. But the problem here is the thread that's suppsoed to downgrade him has barely gained any traction at all. So i'm not really sure how long it will take. Or if it will happen at all.

Last edited:
So long as there's anything "tangible" he can rubberize it. (tangible means everything tangible to himself, so it includes intangible things that haki makes physical).
So far the paramecias seem to have awakening reach equal to or greater than their own range

I mean... one of Mob's major wincons seems to be a major downfall now. His Astral projection that is. If he tries leaving his body and Luffy blows it apart he's done for.
???% could simply put a barrier around his body and send him to the other side of the world.

Without actively putting his hand on it?
Here, here, and here. He can rubberize things just by being in general contact with them, rather than needing to grab them. If the buildings hit him they'd just become rubber.
I wasn't really arguing he couldn't without touching it with his hands. But even then how is turning them into rubber stopping the buildings from suffocating him. he still can't move, and he'll eventually run out of oxygen.

???% could simply put a barrier around his body and send him to the other side of the world.
Your solution to Mob winning is Mob dipping from the fight 💀
Also Luffy would restrain his body before he leaves, if he foresees that happening (which he would, it's a 1 on 1, his focus is entirely on Mob there)

I wasn't really arguing he couldn't without touching it with his hands. But even then how is turning them into rubber stopping the buildings from suffocating him. he still can't move, and he'll eventually run out of oxygen.
Paramecias rubberize things and make them morph in the process.
Check the scans Emin sent above. Knowing his stupid ass subjective reality creating goggles, he'd just pop out a long mf straw to breathe through. Before 1070 you wouldn't hear that cartooney argument from me I swear

Other awakened paramecia users can do it.
maXnmPH.png
q3UKsom.png
not all awakened paramecia do

besides their fruits work different. Kat could make mochi with his fruit so his awakening extended that range. Doffy could make strings with his fruit, so his awakening extended that range.

Law and Kid's fruits rely on contact too

not all awakened paramecia do

besides their fruits work different. Kat could make mochi with his fruit so his awakening extended that range. Doffy could make strings with his fruit, so his awakening extended that range.

Law and Kid's fruits rely on contact too
Awakening paramecias that CAN affect the environment seem to. Law and Kid's abilities don't function the same as Kat, Luffy and Doffy.
Luffy's ability should actually not even do that to begin with, it's his weird subjective reality making him believe he can, and he's only ever seen kat/doffy's awakenings, so.. his awakening functions like their own based on experience.

Paramecias rubberize things and make them morph in the process.
Check the scans Emin sent above. Knowing his stupid ass subjective reality creating goggles, he'd just pop out a long mf straw to breathe through. Before 1070 you wouldn't hear that cartooney argument from me I swear
while that would be funny asf and I'd love to see him do something like that you'd have to argue he can morph the rubber buildings find a crack that would let him breathe all while dealing with Mob's psychic energy that is holding up the building(that's stronger than Luffy is) while not being able to move his body.

while that would be funny asf and I'd love to see him do something like that you'd have to argue he can morph the rubber buildings find a crack that would let him breathe all while he can't move. Also, the building's are being held up by Mob's psychic energy so Luffy would have to overpower that too all while not being able to move his body.
Huh? No, if it's whole buildings there's bound to be cracks big enough. Considering his rubber can damn near liquify in Gear 5, he should have no issue.
In G5 we see him straight up burrow through the ground by tazmian evil-spinning and eat his way out like some goober, so he might be able to do that too unless Mob can keep HIM specifically restrained, then add the buildings and make sure Luffy himself doesn't move

The more G5's on screen the more cartooney things it does tbh. First it was making birds/stars appear, then sound effects, then he straight up started conjuring things out of nowhere- give it some time and he might have a Hammer-space somwhere

Back