• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Yami Ichika vs Mob Psycho 100 (THE FINALE)

Alright after watching almost every ??? fights. I refuse to believe he possesses passive barriers. So I will vote for Ichika for now based on her precog, taking advantage of the openings made prior to Mob setting up barriers and just zetten blitzing on lethal areas.

Ichika in Zetten should survive Mob's battlefield fuckery and win.
Yeah same, I checked his profile too and there's just written "forcefield creation" in his first key with no mention of it being passive in any of his other keys. Changing my vote to Ichika for this one, unless someone actually provides evidence of his barriers being passive.

Yeah same, I checked his profile too and there's just written "forcefield creation" in his first key with no mention of it being passive in any of his other keys. Changing my vote to Ichika for this one, unless someone actually provides evidence of his barriers being passive.
One way would be Reigen 1000%, which Mob shares his power with, in which in episode 12 T1 Reigen maintains a passive barrier around him.

One way would be Reigen 1000%, which Mob shares his power with, in which in episode 12 T1 Reigen maintains a passive barrier around him.
Yeah I don't see this written on either profiles. Even assuming that they indeed share powers, Reigen just has "forcefield creation" on his profile with no indications of it being passive.

Actually it is, Reigen had no idea how to use psychic powers and didn't activate his forcefield at will, the forcefield was already active before.
Can you send the evidence ? I'd like to believe you but if it's not written on profiles I just won't take it into account. Also, care to explain how Mob could use the "passive" barrier through Reigen's powers even though the latter isn't even involved in the battle ? Maybe I misunderstood how it works so tell me more.

Reigen didn't activate his forcefield, it was already active from before.

As shown in Ishiguro's perspective, Reigen didn't have any forcefields active.

Reigen's power is actually Shigeo's power, he only shared his energy for a moment. For what remains its power
Reigen didn't activate his forcefield, it was already active from before.

As shown in Ishiguro's perspective, Reigen didn't have any forcefields active.
This just succeeded in confusing me even more I won't lie. I still don't see how the barrier is passive. Actually I asked someone who is knowleadgeable in Mob Psycho and he told me Reigen used and controlled Mob's power which were already active. Yeah, still voting for Ichika.

There's also the fact that this is about Mob and not Reigen, so I don't see how that's relevant to Mob alone anyways.

This just succeeded in confusing me even more I won't lie.
Shigeo can "give" others his energy, which momentarily gives them (non-permanent) psychic powers. That's what he did with Reigen, he gave him all his energy for him to take care of the situation.

Reigen is a fraud with 0 knowledge of psychic powers or something related, his forcefield was already active without him ordering it or knowing how to activate it.

Shigeo can "give" others his energy, which momentarily gives them (non-permanent) psychic powers. That's what he did with Reigen, he gave him all his energy for him to take care of the situation.
Okay this is getting clearer. So that’s indeed not passive then, Mob gave his powers to Reigen so that he could maintain the already active barrier while Mob was fighting.

Reigen is a fraud with 0 knowledge of psychic powers or something related, his forcefield was already active without him ordering it or knowing how to activate it.
Okay yeah I get it. But it being already active doesn’t mean it’s passive. Just that the barrier was already being used when Reigen obtained the power to maintain it.

Okay yeah I get it. But it being already active doesn’t mean it’s passive. Just that the barrier was already being used when Reigen obtained the power to maintain it.
Okay this is getting clearer. So that’s indeed not passive then, Mob gave his powers to Reigen so that he could maintain the already active barrier while Mob was fighting.

To clarify, ???% is another thing entirely and honestly I don't really agree with scaling Reigen to that and vice versa. Anyway Reigen "Took damage" but didn't actually because he had his power turned on at that point. Reigen didn't know how to use his power and was also 1000% convinced that he didn't have any powers at all till later on in said fight above.

Right now I'm trying to find any scenes of ???% ever getting hurt because honestly the "passive forcefield" thing may be irrelevant considering it's essentially Mob going all out and using what he does. If it's not passive ???% or heck maybe even the 100% form starts off with forcefields already active.

I'm going to vote Incon here.

Scans of no passive barriers? yeah.
Plus people are refusing to send scans of passive barriers and everyone is already voting.

It's more at the same time, ???% Mob is already in default battle state. There has never been an instance of him ever having his forcefields turned off. ???% always triggers after a battle (Except the last last one) where if you don't care about spoilers -
base Mob got hit by a truck and ???% just went combat mode/SPOILER]

To clarify, ???% is another thing entirely and honestly I don't really agree with scaling Reigen to that and vice versa. Anyway Reigen "Took damage" but didn't actually because he had his power turned on at that point. Reigen didn't know how to use his power and was also 1000% convinced that he didn't have any powers at all till later on in said fight above.

Right now I'm trying to find any scenes of ???% ever getting hurt because honestly the "passive forcefield" thing may be irrelevant considering it's essentially Mob going all out and using what he does. If it's not passive ???% or heck maybe even the 100% form starts off with forcefields already active.

I'm going to vote Incon here.

What is going on here exactly?

Is Ichika up against 100% Mob or ???%

Also, why do you assume 100% Mob will start off by setting up barriers? Does he have precog or information analysis to sense the threat that will prompt him to use barriers? No he doesn't. So don't assume Mob starts off with shields cuz he sees an angry midget. Ichika would just blitz him before he can set up anything.

Why are you looking for fight scenes where ???% gets hurt? ??? is above most people is he not so why would he get hurt? He just doesn't prefer to spam barriers or start with it. You should be looking for times where ??? uses barriers and how often. I have done so for you, if there is any I missed out lmk:
  • Mob vs Teriku: ???% did not start with ******* up the battlefield. Teriku attacked Mob and Mob tanked it in that ???% form. In fact, the only time Mob used barriers was on the flower, not even himself. It also proves that his barriers aren't passive so Mob gets blitzed by Ichika.
  • Mob vs Mogami: Mob only sets up Barriers when he sees powerful attacks coming, otherwise he just tries to dodge or blow up the attack. Zetten Ichika blitzes him before he does any of those things. ???% again never displayed passive forcefields so he too gets blitzed by Ichika's Zetten. The battlefield wiping thing from ??? was shown here, and it was probably only done because Mob
  • The rest of Mob vs Tsubomi: Mob clearly lacked passive barriers here, everyone he fought here could touch him and he obviously had to activate his barrier at certain times. Obviously, he never starts with Barriers here, so he just gets blitzed by Ichika. ???% also did not start any fights with ******* blowing up the entire battlefield

It's more at the same time, ???% Mob is already in default battle state. There has never been an instance of him ever having his forcefields turned off. ???% always triggers after a battle (Except the last last one) where if you don't care about spoilers -
base Mob got hit by a truck and ???% just went combat mode/SPOILER]

Ive already been spoiled a lot so Idrc about spoilers. I will still enjoy it tho.

So yeah, Ichika just precog blitzes passed Mob's barrier creation with sword strikes on lethal areas. Even though Ichika survive the battlefield nuking if she starts with Zetten. I don't believe ???% nukes the battlefield unless he is faced with large numbers. Ichika is only one angry midget battlefeild nuking will never be Mob's starting move.

With that said Mob's starter is most likely starting with just TK. She has the LS advantage + Flight to avoid Telekinesis. If Mob starts with psychic blasts, Ichika can just avoid them with her flight+precog and just Zetten blitz him. ???% NEVER STARTS WITH BARRIERS. so Ichika will successful In her attempt to slash his head off.

She also has a vast skill advantage. So if Mob somehow survives a gaping slash in his neck or head areas but is still dying from like blood loss or some shit, Ichika just skill ***** him to oblivion.

Last edited:
Votes
Mob: 0
Ichika: 7 (Maxeez, Linkbtw93, 45Saef, CloverDragon03, Kazuma, Popted2, Superstar)
Incon: 5 (Taunt, Doggo, Esseo Random, Harith)

After 14 hours if Ichika does end up winning it will be announced on the Main Tournament Thread.

Last edited:
Back