• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Monkey D Luffy vs Mob Psycho 100 (Shigeo Kageyama)

The more G5's on screen the more cartooney things it does tbh. First it was making birds/stars appear, then sound effects, then he straight up started conjuring things out of nowhere- give it some time and he might have a Hammer-space somwhere
Still ain't beat Tom and Jerry

Does the restrain pin him through and through? Can't even move his head?
"(Can immobilize people through telekinesis)"

yeah unless he's stronger than mob. he can make it so he can't even move his mouth or any part of his body.

"(Can immobilize people through telekinesis)"

yeah unless he's stronger than mob. he can make it so he can't even move his mouth or any part of his body.

Fair enough. I needed clarification on how the restraint works tbh. But yeah, that's a pretty clear wincon. Still massively avoidable via FS/Blitzing him, but a wincon nonetheless

Still ain't beat Tom and Jerry
Soon it will 😈
FYIOqwlUsAA8P4q

Read the whole thing...here a couple of observations:

It's not clear to me how precognition interacts with the start of a match here on the wiki.
Personally the thing that would make the most sense to me is that FS would allow Luffers to act b4 Mob gets to think about what his first move will be (in any "neutral situation" the one that can see the future should always get the luxury of first move, check out Katakuri's introduction in chapter 860, or Luffy tying Babanuki's nose in chapter 949 that someone else already sent)
If that's how it works then it's GG via G2 blitz into Ryou (dura neg) punch to the head (it seems that barriers were agreed to do ****-all as G5 can rubberize them), repeat if necessary.
If for some badly made/wrong reason that's not how it works though, things do get a bit more complicated.
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read it seems Mob starts by restraining with TK that is thought-based, requires no movements and, unless I'm missing something, Luffy can't escape it on his own (Zoro's ACoC was able to push King's sword away, maybe that's a way but Idk) and then attacks with "random bullshit go" maybe cutting, maybe slamming, maybe big blasts of psychic energy or maybe throwing buildings at Luffy to try to suffocate him. (and it seems cutting and maybe suffocating are the only things in his arsenal that can actually put Luffy down so...is Mob likly to start with those?)
What isn't clear to me is how the limits on his TK work:
Is it 1 or 2 attacks and then loses his hold? Is as long as he has stamina? Does he need to see Luffy to restrain him?
Basically what I'm asking is: can Mob keep Luffy from moving long enough to win? (Keeping in mind that Zoan regen/stamina, G5's bullshit AND buso haki all work to make Luffy very hard to get rid of quickly) Because if he can't then we go back to scenario 1 where Luffy blitzes and dura negs.

Sadly I probably won't be able to keep up with the discussion or vote but I wanted to throw this in as a miniature analysis to hopefully help someone get to a conclusion since I don't think it's an incon.

There should be a CRT about the "priority" of Future sight

Bc we know Passive > Thought > Movement and FS should be at the same layer as thought/perception, unless they are allowed to read the Future before the battle even starts

There should be a CRT about the "priority" of Future sight

Bc we know Passive > Thought > Movement and FS should be at the same layer as thought/perception, unless they are allowed to read the Future before the battle even starts
Yeah I think that's what was majorly confusing me. I didn't think of the battle as a "ring bell and start" thing, where their brains are turned off prior?? Because Observation Haki (future sight or regular) always detects danger BEFORE it comes. Luffy's sensed attacks while outside of battles altogether (like the bullet at his head when he was entirely distracted and the target was nowhere near or announced).

Read the whole thing...here a couple of observations:

It's not clear to me how precognition interacts with the start of a match here on the wiki.
Personally the thing that would make the most sense to me is that FS would allow Luffers to act b4 Mob gets to think about what his first move will be (in any "neutral situation" the one that can see the future should always get the luxury of first move, check out Katakuri's introduction in chapter 860, or Luffy tying Babanuki's nose in chapter 949 that someone else already sent)
If that's how it works then it's GG via G2 blitz into Ryou (dura neg) punch to the head (it seems that barriers were agreed to do ****-all as G5 can rubberize them), repeat if necessary.
If for some badly made/wrong reason that's not how it works though, things do get a bit more complicated.
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read it seems Mob starts by restraining with TK that is thought-based, requires no movements and, unless I'm missing something, Luffy can't escape it on his own (Zoro's ACoC was able to push King's sword away, maybe that's a way but Idk) and then attacks with "random bullshit go" maybe cutting, maybe slamming, maybe big blasts of psychic energy or maybe throwing buildings at Luffy to try to suffocate him. (and it seems cutting and maybe suffocating are the only things in his arsenal that can actually put Luffy down so...is Mob likly to start with those?)
What isn't clear to me is how the limits on his TK work:
Is it 1 or 2 attacks and then loses his hold? Is as long as he has stamina? Does he need to see Luffy to restrain him?
Basically what I'm asking is: can Mob keep Luffy from moving long enough to win? (Keeping in mind that Zoan regen/stamina, G5's bullshit AND buso haki all work to make Luffy very hard to get rid of quickly) Because if he can't then we go back to scenario 1 where Luffy blitzes and dura negs.

Sadly I probably won't be able to keep up with the discussion or vote but I wanted to throw this in as a miniature analysis to hopefully help someone get to a conclusion since I don't think it's an incon.
Wow

For someone whose tried and tired to read whole posts in pages, your post really helping

Thank you

Wow

For someone whose tried and tired to read whole posts in pages, your post really helping

Thank you
Happy to hear that, I was just trying to make things more clear to avoid the FRA incon train (and tbh I don't even remember seeing a single argument for incon lol...I could be wrong though) but apparently turnament matches don't even have a grace period.
Welp...we tried

Back