• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Monkey D Luffy vs Mob Psycho 100 (Shigeo Kageyama)

god i seriosly hope that the lift strengh will be applied as soon as possible

you guys just broke me for real

😭

I've seen a lot of people throw around future sight but real quick.

Do we even know if G5 Luffy can use FS effectively? FS requires being calm and focused and G5 Luffy is joyful, goofy, and all over the place.

Luffy turning things to rubber negates their durability. It's how he was bypassing Kaido's durability with Gear 5 by literally stretching him, hitting his organs and letting them bounce back.
true but rubberizing the psychic barrier around mob isn't going to let him beat Mob's insane regen.
Also does not work. Luffy got hit with raw ass gravity from FUjitora who can yoink meteorites contributing like 98% of the energy on top of the earth's GBE and Luffy literally didn't act like he felt it. Gravity isn't folding a rubber man. We see him literally warp and nearly liquify into Kaido's Kanabo during their fight to the point of his body losing solidity almost, and he's still fine a panel after.
fair
His empowerment takes let him cover a Gear 2/Gear 3/Gear 4 gap during ONE FIGHT when he was fighting Katakuri, all in base. Gear 4 alone has a x4 gap, 2 and 3 unspecified.
Luffy can foresee the TK and perception-blitz Mob.
this is assuming the fight lasts as long as the 10 hr Katakuri fight which it won't because Mob's bloodlusted and a ridiculous amount of things had to go right for Luffy to even survive Katakuri long enough to evolve. Besides we've seen Mob clear 10x gaps in his fight with Toichiro, in a way shorter fight than Luffy vs Kat.
If he sees it coming like 10 seconds beforehand and his amps involve THINKING THEM, yes he can. Mob's intent is practically rendering him a snail to Luffy who's G2, Soru and 4 amps are all blitzes.

Luffy's future sight can foresee entire sequences of actions and conversations several seconds into the future, not just a moment beforehand. By the time Mob's thinking of doing it Luffy would've figured that out already.
He won't have seconds. the second the fight starts Mob tries to kill him.
It negates it's durability and allows Luffy's fist to burrow through basically. That's the entire point of rubberizing targets as you can see here, here, here and here. He doesn't rubberize and bounce off, he rubberizes and KEEPS GOING through until he tags the target.
True
Also he has Ryuou, which effectively extends an extra range and detonates internal within targets. Even if the barrier somehow manages to stop Luffy's fist, his Ryuou (which is intangible) just goes through and inside Mob.
Ryou won't be anymore effective than normal punches with his regen..
Tire him out by constantly blowing his organs apart with Ryou.
Outlast him because Gear 5 can keep restarting/resurrecting so long as Luffy's body is intact and Mob has no means of blowing him apart because of his rubber body
I don't think ??? Mob is gonna keep reforming and letting that happen. Also, G5 does have its stamina limits. Saying he'll just keep coming back until he wins is definitely a NLF. Even if you said G5 could last the entire duration of his fight with Kaido he would still eventually run out of stamina.
Not a single non-cutting attack Mob uses is hurting Luffy.
frying his brain, possessing him, holding him in place and suffocating him, stretching his body so far out that his head rips off(prob won't happen in G5)
Luffy also has thought based barrier emissions that even if by a miracle MOB catches him with LS, he'd create to fend off anything thrown his way that isn't intangible.
Luffy's barriers are weaker and Mobs would just spawn around his body.

Why is someone with that kind of regen in the Tournament anyway? Nobody without murder-hax can kill him and Murder-hax was considered a big nono lmfao
he literally has Majin Buu lvl's of immortality and regen and people are just ignoring that 😭

Isn't that only for his Astral Projection?
now that I look at it his profile some more it also says "Should scale above powerful spirits like Dimple, who could come back from raw energy and molecules"

which is true even outside of his Astral Projection.

and his ??? key makes all of his previous abilities far superior.

And he should still scale above Toichiro's regen who regen'd from having his entire body being contorted and twisted apart by Mob.

true but rubberizing the psychic barrier around mob isn't going to let him beat Mob's insane regen.
Tires him out regardless. Luffy can last 12 hours+ and restart at full power with G5's restoration/ressurection.
I don't think ??? Mob is gonna keep reforming and letting that happen. Also, G5 does have its stamina limits. Saying he'll just keep coming back until he wins is definitely a NLF. Even if you said G5 could last the entire duration of his fight with Kaido he would still eventually run out of stamina.
Fair. Luffy has better physical stamina and more lastingness on screen iirc. Idk if Mob's Astral form can last him half as long as we've seen Luffy do.
frying his brain
Elaborate
possessing him, holding him in place and suffocating him
Last I recall Luffy got possessed by 100 SHADOWS and whereas 2/3 at most break a man, Luffy kept his will/consciousness and sense of self just fine. Mob might get ejected trying via Luffy's haki/willpower.
And he has to actually tag him to hold him. He's having it rough bypassing Luffy's FS to actually Pin him.
stretching his body so far out that his head rips off
Vivre card literally confirms Luffy can grow infinite Luffy's in size so idk about that.. And Shigeo has to stretch him out dozens and dozens of kilometers regardless, which his range doesn't allow.
Luffy's barriers are weaker and Mobs would just spawn around his body.
Luffy's barriers ARE his body. Busoshoku Emission seems like a barrier that's a layer above his haki, but can be extended. Unless Shigeo spawns hugging him then no.
Shigeo's barriers are also more exploitable. Luffy's are haki, which resist an array of things. Shigeo's can get stretched and used against him by Luffy.

Why is someone with that kind of regen in the Tournament anyway? Nobody without murder-hax can kill him and Murder-hax was considered a big nono lmfao
Godernet is misunderstanding it entirely.
Astral projection for mob is not only very ooc, but it also doesn't work like Danny Phantom's "going ghost" the moment Mob uses astral projection his body drops and is 10-C since his power comes from his soul. While the projection itself has high regen that only applies to itself, and if the body gets destroyed mob either passes away or turns into an evil spirit. (wich one happens would be pure assumptions).

Copied abilities such as pulling out mind manip/lifeforce absorption and stuff like that are a possibility. but not in a short fight like this. They are things that mob would only pull out if nothing he actually has works towards ending a fight, it would only happen if he restrains Luffy and can't kill him with his regular ability kit.

Solidly speaking, the wincons for Mob and Luffy respectively are
Mob: Thought based restrain that spawns on Luffy followed by cycling through his damaging types of TK into cutting attacks that can one-shot an opponent who scales to 5.5x Luffy's Value

Luffy: precog into thought based blitz amp to dodge Mob's initial thought based TK restrain and then pummeling him with dura neg attacks.

cutting attacks that can one-shot an opponent who scales to 5.5x Luffy's Value
In all fairness.
Luffy scales massively above the value he actually has. Scabbards who could pierce Kaido scale to his value's durability and they get one shot by Kaifu, which Luffy tanks several times, and takes an amped version of in G5 with only minor cuts.
Slicing him isn't as easy. Especially not when he can amp his durability against slashes with busoshoku as well.

hey guys tomorrow i will be very busy so i won't be able to respond here until a lot of time

when i will return i will let you know

In all fairness.
Luffy scales massively above the value he actually has. Scabbards who could pierce Kaido scale to his value's durability and they get one shot by Kaifu, which Luffy tanks several times, and takes an amped version of in G5 with only minor cuts.
Slicing him isn't as easy. Especially not when he can amp his durability against slashes with busoshoku as well.
Fair, but remember that if the initial restrain lands Mob can just keep attacking.

Solidly speaking, the wincons for Mob and Luffy respectively are
Mob: Thought based restrain that spawns on Luffy followed by cycling through his damaging types of TK into cutting attacks that can one-shot an opponent who scales to 5.5x Luffy's Value

Luffy: precog into thought based blitz amp to dodge Mob's initial thought based TK restrain and then pummeling him with dura neg attacks.
this

it's actually funny my brain didn't register on his profile the:

In his astral state he has...

I do think he should scale to that regen in ??? but that's not on his profile so we can't use it. definitely makes this a lot more fair.

it's actually funny my brain didn't register on his profile the:

In his astral state he has...

I do think he should scale to that regen in ??? but that's not on his profile so we can't use it. definitely makes this a lot more fair.
if he had high regen all the time, Mob wouldn't be there in the first place

I mean, he has a neck doesn't he
G5 has weird physics where his body parts can seemingly de-attach, so by timing it right Luffy can probably just avoid it. Like we see that happen with his face and iirc he even does it with his head at some point.

Eh, i don't think you can compare detaching his hair and eyeballs to do an awooga to actual decapitation. dodging also won't be that good of an argument since he'd be restrained and all.

Fair, but remember that if the initial restrain lands Mob can just keep attacking.
Super Zoan regen.
Slicing him will be recoverable in moments at most. This is all assuming he even gets pinned to begin with.

Luffy: precog into thought based blitz amp to dodge Mob's initial thought based TK restrain and then pummeling him with dura neg attacks. >>>
>>can rubberize Mob's barriers and hit him through and with them. Subjective reality allows him to manipulate the matter of said barriers as well (based on turning flames/smoke to goggles), barrier creation and durability amps via busoshoku and emission. Environmental transmutation that can bounce back Mob's attacks

I mean, he has a neck doesn't he
main-qimg-9bfb063c71c0dd2bd64ea1b390efdaad-pjlq

Don't think so 🤔🙈

I don't remember but can people see Mob's psychic energy?

Because the last time Luffy tried to fight someone whose abilities were ranged and invisible was Apoo and he got knocked out.

The entire armament argument relies on buying it making him invulnerable to a <<<5.5x AP advantage into slashing attacks.
Bouncing back his attacks would not really be happening in this scenario.
At this point it's probably better to wait for people voting.

Because the last time Luffy tried to fight someone whose abilities were ranged and invisible was Apoo and he got knocked out.
Apoo's abilities are sound based.
If you hear it, you get tagged. It's not the speed of sound, it's just instantaneously spawning as you hear it.
Mob's are still projected energies, so kenbun can see them

Slashing attacks will do nothing as combining df and haki will make them act like blunt attacks, plus there's also a chance gear 5's rubber alone being able to do that

Apoo's abilities are sound based.
If you hear it, you get tagged. It's not the speed of sound, it's just instantaneously spawning as you hear it.
Mob's are still projected energies, so kenbun can see them
Mob's TK is also spawning on you when he intends to attack. its not a projectile.

Back