• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. I will check, and I would appreciate if others here do the same and give their impressions.

Your draft seems good to me, but I am a bad person to ask.

Also, given the name and definition changes, we might need a thread dedicated to verifying that the character profile pages with conceptual manipulation in the powers and abilities sections have the correct types listed.

If Tago doesn't mind, I made a few minor adjustments to his draft because there were some grammatical errors.

Anyway, I like what Tago proposed and think that it can be implemented, although I am not sure if a separate thread is needed for it or not.

I would appreciate considerably more staff help in this thread. We definitely need it to apply the revisions.

CM can likely be solved as a bot edit and then a CM thread to help revise any incorrect CM types based off the new summaries, I can fully change Beyond-dimensional existence (just need a name, and since the sandbox for it didn't have types, i'm wondering if it still needs types). Once that is finished, I can begin immediately. Irrelevant Lifting Strength is a problem, as we would need a comprehensive list of all 1-A and above characters. Irrelevant Speed and Transduality need two separate threads after all of these revisions have been applied. I would say Speed first, since that would be the easier one to edit, since we would still have the 1-A and above comprehensive list. Also, not as confusing as Transduality.

I think somebody already has an at least mostly comprehensive list of 1-As since the quantity has definitely been counted. The removal of type 1 and 3 for transduality is something related to this thread and something that has been entirely uncontroversial, the only controversial thing brought up about it was potential deletion or fundamental restructuring; which obviously should be discussed in another thread if ever.

The problem is that I am tired and distracted by real life and multiple other forum tasks at the moment, and as such I have a hard time focusing on getting this properly organised. As such, would appreciate help from the rest of our staff both in that regard and with applying the accepted results of this revision.

Sometimes I legit can't figure if there's too much staff or not enough.
Both.
There's a ton of staff, but a good chunk of them don't want to do their "duty", which is why I think some of them should be demoted out of a lack of consistent work on this regard, even if "well-behaved".

While I agree that we have a handful of staff members who could be demoted, this isn't the time nor the place to be talking about that.

-----

CM can likely be solved as a bot edit and then a CM thread to help revise any incorrect CM types based off the new summaries, I can fully change Beyond-dimensional existence (just need a name, and since the sandbox for it didn't have types, i'm wondering if it still needs types). Once that is finished, I can begin immediately. Irrelevant Lifting Strength is a problem, as we would need a comprehensive list of all 1-A and above characters. Irrelevant Speed and Transduality need two separate threads after all of these revisions have been applied. I would say Speed first, since that would be the easier one to edit, since we would still have the 1-A and above comprehensive list. Also, not as confusing as Transduality.
This seems like a good idea to me. Regarding Beyond-Dimensional Existence, I'm fairly certain the consensus was to not have it have types anymore and just strip it down to the very basic idea (being devoid of spatial or temporal properties), hence the new name of "Aspatio-Temporal/Adimensional Existence." which would have to be applied by a staff member since I don't think regular users have that ability.

Oh, yeah. The vast majority of them are on tier 1 profiles, which we always lock. I'm also pretty sure that we never really gave out types 0 or 1 to anyone, considering the lists of examples for both are still empty after all this time.

I am also cool with helping make the edit with a bot and helping with making updates. I am fine with Tago's draft for conceptual manipulation; asides, my opinions has not changed much on the changes.

Just clarifying, we are waiting for more staffs inputs to start the page revision?

I’m fine with the concept hax and lifting strength/speed changes. Neutral on the rest since I don’t know much about them.

Let's see...
  • Irrelevant Lifting Strength: Just go through every 1-A and above page and change the Lifting Strength rating from "Irrelevant" to "Immeasurable". We should also remove the rating from the Lifting Strength scale itself, of course.
  • Conceptual Manipulation: Apply the draft written by Yuri to the power's page, then go through the Concept Users category and edit every member that is listed with type 2 or lower accordingly.
These changes look fine and if help is required I will be available to assist in a few days, as I'll be busy with caretaking in the meantime.

Thank you to the volunteers. However, I need help with organising what should get done here as well.

BTW what is "hyperverse+"?
We do not have such a tier. We do have High Hyperverse level though.

Type 4 becomes Type 3
Type 3 becomes Type 2
Type 2 and 1 becomes Type 1
There are currently 1327 pages that link to Conceptual Manipulation. But if all that needs to be changed is the number of type, I think it can be done by a bot. I can take care of this.

Irrelevant Lifting Strength: Just go through every 1-A and above page and change the Lifting Strength rating from "Irrelevant" to "Immeasurable". We should also remove the rating from the Lifting Strength scale itself, of course.
There are about 500 pages in Tier 1 and 0. If we just need to change the word from "Irrelevant" to "Immeasurable", this can also be done by a bot. I can take care of this.

Is there something I am missing?

There are currently 1327 pages that link to Conceptual Manipulation. But if all that needs to be changed is the number of type, I think it can be done by a bot. I can take care of this.

There are about 500 pages in Tier 1 and 0. If we just need to change the word from "Irrelevant" to "Immeasurable", this can also be done by a bot. I can take care of this.
Thank you very much for helping out. It is very appreciated.
Is there something I am missing?
@KingPin0422 and other members here who are able to answer.

Also, in what manner do we need to rewrite the Conceptual Manipulation and Lifting Strength pages?

Thank you. Do you have a link available please?

Lifting Strength would just need the section of the table mentioning Irrelevant Lifting Strength removed, I believe everything else is fine.

I'm fine with the suggestion. As for changing the profile pages, as far as I know, most profiles would be fine with just a number change as their current justifications (if actually correct for the Type they currently have on their profile, which is a whole separate issue) would be as applicable for the "new" Types they will get as the ones they currently have. Any issues with the slight changes to the "new" Type 3 will be minor and can be done in individual CRTs after the bot has done its work.

Okay. I am glad to hear that, if you are certain of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back