• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beyond-Dimensional Existence and it's Resistances/Immunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseka

He/Him
So this has been bothering me for a long time, and also with the page Transduality being changed to Nonduality, I have a proposal to change some of the requirements for obtaining Beyond-Dimensional Existence.

Regarding Resistance/Immunity

For type 1, many of people currently consider their lack of spatiotemporal features as resistance to the following abilities.
Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms and are often unaffected by Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.
This should be wrong, if we follow the Immunity standard where if you lack of some aspect, you should get immunity, not resistance.
Qualifying for Immunity is difficult, as no simple show of resistance is enough, and statements could easily be hyperbole or only apply in-verse. Immunity should only be given when the user in question entirely lacks what would normally be affected. An inorganic being, for example, has no biological components to manipulate, and an entity without a soul won't be harmed by Soul Manipulation.

So therefore, I have a proposal to make a little change for type 1 and type 2 to make clear about it's benefit and weakness, as follows.
Type 1: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features without necessarily being superior to any of them. As a result they aren't limited to existing within spatiotemporal realms, not necessarily transcending them and are immune by Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation or can at least defend against it by leaving spacetime at will, but still vulnerable to a certain forms of Causality Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Law Manipulation, or Mathematics Manipulation which can bestow them those spatiotemporal aspects. They are usually Acausal (Type 1) as a result of being outside of regular time.
Adding new benefit for type 2, they transcending space-time similar to Transduality. So it's not just immunizing them against Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation.
Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features also being superior to them in nature. These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown. Due to transcending this spacetime they are immune to Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation, but also immunizes them against attempts to apply those aspects to them, as they would transcend the scope of the haxes that could do so. They furthermore inherit any benefits of Type 1.

TL;DR: Changing benefit of BDE type 1 and type 2, lacking some aspect should grant immunity, not resistance.

Last edited:
Sorry for commenting in staff thread. Mods can delete my msg later.

@Aseka did you got any mod/admin permission to post your thread in staff discussion thread?
I'm sorry, i don't have one. If one need permission, then someone can close this.
Were you on the wrong version? Those descriptions have been edited long ago.
You mean BDE page or immunity one? Because the page stated like that, so I don't think it's wrong.
Anyway, I don't know if posting at staff discussion need permission. While I don't have one, maybe staff can close the thread and I make a new one at CRT.

I'm sorry, i don't have one. If one need permission, then someone can close this.

You mean BDE page or immunity one? Because the page stated like that, so I don't think it's wrong.
Anyway, I don't know if posting at staff discussion need permission. While I don't have one, maybe staff can close the thread and I make a new one at CRT.
nvm I overlooked, my bad.

one of the big CRT with tierring system is including BDE type 2 based on ultima's responses in that thread
so making revisions on this while having on going revision involving it might not be a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back