• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

Now we know why Link was the strongest individual at the age of 4 in all of Hyrule I mean holy shit.

That explains Zelda's and Revali's jealousy a lot

So I know we can't talk about the game for a week, but how heavy are we thinking the Talus are? Basically all of the characters seem to be capable of knocking them back, but there is one that can just straight suck them off the ground with no effort, so that seems to be the best lifting strength feat from what I've seen

unless there's some big feat in the later parts of the game I haven't reached yet

Last edited:
Oooh.

Tell me the deets, I haven't seen anything about the game.
Our boy is stupidly broken everyone else are just literal children compared to Link even if all 4 champions goes up against link, they would still lose.

Horribly.

Which makes it more sad in breath of the wild since everyone felt like they let Link down especially Zelda.

I recommend going to see things for yourself because me describing what link could even do in his prime wouldn't even do him justice.

It seems like most of the characters get quite a few new abilities, even without the Runes provided by egg boi

It seems like most of the characters get quite a few new abilities, even without the Runes provided by egg boi
Yeah all their abilities get expanded in their own unique way you got Urbosa going left and right acting like she's storm or Thor lmao.

Revali is an insane archer with fun combos especially when he use his gales (no wonder why he was so proud of his technique) Daruk is an absolute unite..

Mipha is so dope with her spear combat and waterbending prowess.

Impa literally a bad ass ninja she would make the Sheika monks proud.

Zelda is resourceful asf (lol and Sakurai said that botw zelda wouldn't fit well in smash my dude lacked imagination).

Link is God....

Btw how do you do spoiler tag? I feel like saying something but it's like super spoiler lol
You can also play has goddess zelda who also not only uses Hylia's powers but also the triforce...

Okay, but I absolutely adore Hetsu and have a massive love/hate relationship with the Great Fairies. On one hand, they're super strong and damn is that suction strong attack powerful, but on the other hand their size is such a pain in the ass, especially considering there's a few places you can nearly get stuck in

Yeah totally agree I hope she gets fixed and Hetsu FTW, Terroka is such a nice little egg with giant laser beam attacks lmao.

I love Teba and Sidon, Riju super dope too. And king of Hyrule fights like an absolute Chad bruh.

But then again the King is a descendent of a Link lol.

Link's ability to use different weapons completely change his play style by a lot, and freaking zelda using the triforce to manifest a bunch of light attacks plus the giant light bow move is insanely cool.

GG for Calamity Ganon really looks like Asura he play well and his transformation combos are super dope.

All the characters seem to have something hype at the very least. So I'm definitely looking forward to these profiles in a week

If we’re talking gameplay-wise, Revali’s OP. ZR+y-spam is a 100% legit strategy to deal with a huge amount of enemies really fast without taking damage. Daruk’s protection makes it very easy to cheese bosses by just keeping pressed ZL till the weak point gauge comes out.

This is one of my favourite moments in the game so far, just Link enjoying a nice crunchy prime rock roast. I think alongside the gameplay, the character interactions are one of the best parts of Age of Calamity.

God, Link just straight up eating rocks as a challenge is the best. Doesn't he do it a second time too in front of other Hylians?

Yeah link has some weird metabolism and yet he dosent seem to be negatively impacted by it and to be fair this isn't the worst thing he ate.

I mean you can literally eat food boosted by Ganon's malice that sounds super dangerous and way more unhealthy.

By the way, this is something I constantly forget to say, but do you know how Nintendo changed the Master Sword from “the blade of evil’s bane” to “the sword that seals the darkness”? Well, that’s completely BS. The Japanese version uses the same epithet of every other game, meaning that the Master Sword is the blade of evil’s bane in BOTW. I realized there was something wrong when the Italian version called it that way, so I looked around the internet and found this:

I always wondered why the Master Sword just suddenly started being called something else, never knew it was good ol' translation issues striking again. I wonder why they changed it while localizing the game outside of Japan? I kinda doubt it was a mistake since they've consistently kept blade of evils bane properly translated before BOTW came out.

I always wondered why the Master Sword just suddenly started being called something else, never knew it was good ol' translation issues striking again. I wonder why they changed it while localizing the game outside of Japan? I kinda doubt it was a mistake since they've consistently kept blade of evils bane properly translated before BOTW came out.
It’s not even “outside of Japan”, it’s just the English version, as the Italian version, and other European languages as far as I know, still uses the old title. It’s probably just a case of NoA changing stuff because they think it makes more sense but it actually doesn’t. They did that a lot with ALttP and have never really stopped.

So it's just a NoA thing, makes sense given their history with this stuff. Their translation of the ALTTP manual in particular never fails to amuse with the Golden Goddesses coming from a distant nebula lol.

Seriously, what's wrong with Sword that Seals the Darkness?
Is there something significant about Blade of Evil's Bane that I missed or something?

It's an iconic and cooler sounding title, and I felt the replacement of the classic description as an insult.

The make Link seem like. . . a sex icon, for lack of a better term.

Remember that whole Link is hot Reggie meme?

And it's just that in like every Zelda game, Link has multiple people that show a romantic interest in him, and a handful of comments (a lot of the time from weird men) about how gorgeous Link's face is - the Poe Salesman from OoT, for instance, implies prostitution, in a Nintendo game.

I just think it's a little weird.

I mean the reason Link is considered hot and sexy was because is earlier designe all the way back to OOt was in the making was literally based on Leonard Di Caprio lmao.

The main designer(or director) said they talk to their wife about how to make link look good so they basically tried to make him as hot as Leonard was in Titanic.

Ever since then that has been link handsom hero straight out from a fairy tail story vibe and hot based on some female opinions.

BOTW link kept the same mentality but also have him that slight feminity (hence why he looks good in Gerudo clothing) but not too androgynous since they want to keep the base link.

And so far what Nintendo has found that the fans both males and females found link extremely attractive and sexy.

It's natural for a hero like link to receive faltering comments from both sex, he ends up either helping/saving creating bonds with most people he meets so comment like these are natural.

And Link is quite handsome or "beautiful"

I know that story, but still - I think it's a little overboard sometimes.

Honestly feels like Link is Nintendo's Wet Dream.

Link's androgynous look is what makes him attractive to some (real) people, but I think that depends on cultures. Of course that's not valid for everyone, I mean, I kinda look like Link but where I live I'm not the kind of guy who is considered handsome, lmao.

God, I wish I looked like Link.

Anything is better than the Quasimodo-like face I was born with

Being 5'7, having long blonde hair, earings, no beard at all (I don't get why but It doesn't grow to me) and looking androgynous honestly doesn't help in Italy, lmao. But I can totally get why some people finds Link attractive and this kinda boosts my ego.

Talking about AoC I am crying because I can't play it, my brother broke the joycons. They don't work as before, they move without touching. Do you know if there is a way to repair them or do I have to buy them? Sigh

Being 5'7, having long blonde hair, earings, no beard at all (I don't get why but It doesn't grow to me) and looking androgynous honestly doesn't help in Italy, lmao. But I can totally get why some people finds Link attractive and this kinda boosts my ego.

Talking about AoC I am crying because I can't play it, my brother broke the joycons. They don't work as before, they move without touching. Do you know if there is a way to repair them or do I have to buy them? Sigh
I’m not sure if there’s a way to fix them. Joycon drift is a general problem with Joycons, so buying a new one is only a temporary (1-2 years) solution. This is also the main reason for why I bought a Pro Controller, as my joycons basically stopped working a year ago.

Anyway, I have a theory about the Golden Goddesses being Aldo Giovanni and Giacomo. What do you think? Ahah

Back