• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
f5315143e0dc4a53f6428e465deda6de.jpg

Discuss!

We should have continued with the chronological order. Either that or call it “discussion of time 2” since the last wasn’t finished yet

New forum; new presentation.

It fits with the new Zelda game coming out and it references that Zelda discussion threads take forever (and age) to finish, so I think it's fine.

Random thought here, was planning on avoiding Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity until playing BotW, but... kinda figured that given that it's a prequel it can make tackling the narrative of BotW take an interesting spin as a continuation of a previous experience. Kinda like, this I played Devil May Cry 3 before 1, so when I got introduced to Dante as his young self starting out, so when I played 1 it was cool to see how he had grown and was doing as a Demon Hunter.

Random thought here, was planning on avoiding Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity until playing BotW, but... kinda figured that given that it's a prequel it can make tackling the narrative of BotW take an interesting spin as a continuation of a previous experience.
What narrative?

It's not a mystery that gets revealed later in BOTW. The premise of BOTW actually ruins AoC's plot from the start. XD

Random thought but man it's so surreal that Ganondorf has Low-Godly regen. He's had it for a while now and I still ain't used to the fact that he has better regen than the likes of Deadpool and the Silver Surfer.

I’m more surprised at how every member of the Triforce Trio can negate Low-Godly. Ganondorf with the sword of sages, Zelda with her powers and Link with his fishing rod.

Yeah that's also surprising, but it kinda sucks that neither Ganondorf nor Zelda can negate it as effectively as Link with his fishing rod can. Nintendo always give him the good stuff.

I like the little red streak in her hair. Also "Aw yeah, check it" are words I never thought I'd hear in a Zelda game and I was not ready for young Robbie to look as hot as he does.

Ayy we're getting some Treehouse Live coverage of Wage of Profanity tomorrow, they're gonna be showing some new stuff.

Yeah they are, but unfortunately we can't add them so Impa vs Fox Boy Impa would have to be done in Fun and Games.

Alright lads, CRTs can be made again, albeit in a limited way as only 1 CRT per verse is allowed at a time. There's a few topics to go over with Zelda, lifting strength, Calamity Ganon and the blood moon, Golden Goddesses creating millions of worlds, some abilities to be added (Majora especially, the current P&A section is very lacking), and good ol' 4-A upgrades thanks to pocket dimension stuff.

Wow our ratings for their Lifting Strength are so messed up my CRT has become rather long and I'm struggling to think of ways to trim it down. Curse whoever randomly changed the ratings all that time ago, they've really bungled it up.

Just watched that and yeah it's awesome, looking forward to episode 2. Also how about that new AOC teaser? Kohga or his grandfather or something (Since the leaders of the Yiga clan share the same name) are gonna kill everyone to death (Great line btw), and we have what's looking like a new character? I don't wanna say they are completely new yet. They're packing the Gerudo emblem on their cape, a headpiece that has the weird Calamity eyeball, and holding an orb containing something that seems linked to Malice. The actual orb seems too red to be Malice but the rings around it have little orbs that seem to match the colour and it has a malice like aura being emitted from it.

Last edited:
Just watched that and yeah it's awesome, looking forward to episode 2. Also how about that new AOC teaser? Kohga or his grandfather or something (Since the leaders of the Yiga clan share the same name) are gonna kill everyone to death (Great line btw), and we have what's looking like a new character? I don't wanna say they are completely new yet. They're packing the Gerudo emblem on their cape, a headpiece that has the weird Calamity eyeball, and holding an orb containing something that seems linked to Malice. The actual orb seems too red to be Malice but the rings around it have little orbs that seem to match the colour and it has a malice like aura being emitted from it.
I think that's the fortuneteller that told the Royal Family to dig up the Guardians and Divine Beasts.

Could that figure be Twinrova?
They're Gerudos, followers of Ganondorf, have a gemstone on their forehead and those eyes are mostly identical.
They came back in OoX despite having been defeated in OoT, so it's not exactly impossible

Daruk has a paraglider and the only thing I can think about is that it finally explains how Daruk could complete all of Rudania's trials.

Back