• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Not sure where else to post this, BUT considering several good Zelda games have been either released first or rereleased physically onto the Wii U, I'll post about it:

It's apparently come up recently a bit, despite being known about for at least a year.

This YT video by Nin10land reads off several of those Twitter posts -If you prefer to listen about it rather than read; There's likely better coverage. Sorry for my negligence- & opinionates on some of the matter.

From what I understand, it has something to do with discharge while the power is off, & this leads to memory corruption.
Supposedly, according to RetroBlastUS's Twitter posts (Linked above.) chipsets affect how bad it is, with the original white-coloured Wii U having better chipsets, & black Wii U having worse ones, with Hynix chips apparently being a bit disreputable.

It SOUNDS like this takes a while. Months, maybe a year or more, but still. Better to err on the side of caution.

I advise plugging your Wii U in, if you have one & it's unplugged, ASAP, just to be safe.

the wonderful 101/vc machine....
Untitled32_20220928034315.png

Do we know how many mfs died in the imprisoning war? Or fought in it at least?

Nearly all the knights that fought in it died (Specifically talking on the side of Hyrule, not a whole lot of Ganon's army got killed) because they were essentially cannon fodder to distract Nando and his goons while the sages were prepping the spell to trap him in the Dark World.

Unfortunately we don't have an actual number for how many knights fought.

Yeah knew that, i vaguely recall something saying millions tho, might be tripping but a hard number for it would be useful, if not i can ape somethin out at least.

Went and double checked some guides and most I could find was the Nintendo Power one saying many of the knights died in the war. Which kinda helps in how many died but uh not great for an actual number for how many fought

Well ill just use some approximates ig.

Do we have a standardized height for Alttp dudes?

Oot, SS, botw, totk and so on have standard heights or easy ways to get some, but for alttp im kinda lost.

1. The old ass nintendo height chart with alttp and mario mfs
2. Via Smash Ultimate Zelda
3. Via the MS
4. Assume he's as tall as the standard Link height (5'2''-5'3''; OOT, BOTW, TOTK, SS, etc).
5. Assume he's as tall as classic Link (omega manlet, like half botw Link)
6. DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2
7. SUPA MARIO RPG
8. Idk maybe scale the items in totk off Link?

Needless to say, kinda dont have many options and they all vary from a lil sus to sus af.

Unfortuently no actual heights for people in this game, was gonna suggest maybe specifically compare him to AOL Classic Link since they're similar age but TP Link is about the same age as OOT and SS Link and he's under 5 feet tall so uh, maybe not.

In lack of more solid options maybe number 4 sounds the safest, just using average Link height for him doesn't sound too bad.

Back