• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

Impa really be using her paraglider like this
1200px-SMW_CapeMario.png

I got so hyped when I saw that part of the trailer. We finally get to see these giant bastards in action! WHOOOO!!

Zelda theorists: Hyrule Warriors AoC is going to be canon

Smol time-traveling guardian: I’m going to end these men’s whole career

I'm finding Impa a bit tricky to use, her rune stuff takes some getting used to but I like pulling off cool shit with her.

Some interesting stuff datamined from the demo apparently. Open up the spoilers at your own risk
So far they seem to have only got map icons for various characters, but the icons provide some interesting implications for the story of the game. The characters that have icons are the obvious playable ones like Link, Zelda, Impa, and the Champions, but we also have characters like Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, and Riju, all of whom barring Sidon not being born until well after the Calamity, as well as an icon for what apparently looks like the mummy Ganondorf seen in the BOTW announcement trailer.

Some interesting stuff datamined from the demo apparently. Open up the spoilers at your own risk
So far they seem to have only got map icons for various characters, but the icons provide some interesting implications for the story of the game. The characters that have icons are the obvious playable ones like Link, Zelda, Impa, and the Champions, but we also have characters like Sidon, Yunobo, Teba, and Riju, all of whom barring Sidon not being born until well after the Calamity, as well as an icon for what apparently looks like the mummy Ganondorf seen in the BOTW announcement trailer.
Frfr?

Wait a minute, if the Little Guardian is time traveling, wouldn't this be a separate timeline?

Zelda doesn't seem overly consistent with its time travel rules, Oracle of Ages treats changes in the past as just altering the future of the same timeline instead of creating new ones like in Ocarina of Time, so Age of Calamity could go in either direction with its time travel.

Zelda doesn't seem overly consistent with its time travel rules, Oracle of Ages treats changes in the past as just altering the future of the same timeline instead of creating new ones like in Ocarina of Time, so Age of Calamity could go in either direction with its time travel.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

I would just be really disappointed if there are some good new feats, and we find out AoC is a different timeline and can't be taken as the actual canon.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I would just be really disappointed if there are some good new feats, and we find out AoC is a different timeline and can't be taken as the actual canon.
I mean, it’s still technically canon, just like the three branches of the timeline.
Personally, I think we may get a timeloop kind of thing with the small robot, aka he will not change the outcome of the great calamity and will be forced to go back in time again and again...

Also, something interesting I’ve noticed: in the intro, we see Zelda saying something like “I must save everyone”, but that only happens when she goes to seal the Calamity, while the robot awakens the moment Zelda awakens her powers. So, either the robot stared at the town for several hours, or there’s more that we don’t know (or maybe I’m just an idiot).

From what I recall there's not many notable feats, I doubt we can calc anything beyond tier 8, and in terms of speed I don't think we have anything to calc that even matches the speed of the low tiers of the series. I haven't played though the whole demo tho so maybe there's some stuff I missed.

The only good speed feat I can think of is that Link runs and parries a guardian laser that is about to hit Zelda after it already fired it - but that's about it.

There are no other feats of note from what I could see.

Yeah, I actually missed the ability to play Zelda the first time going through that mission because I wanted to face it myself. It's more fun that way.

Kinda wish that you could take everyone's clothes off as well - Link shouldn't be the only one who shows off their beauty.

Yeah, I actually missed the ability to play Zelda the first time going through that mission because I wanted to face it myself. It's more fun that way.

Kinda wish that you could take everyone's clothes off as well - Link shouldn't be the only one who shows off their beauty.
I decided to follow what the story said, but now I really want to try taking that guardian on in the old fashioned way.

I decided to follow what the story said, but now I really want to try taking that guardian on in the old fashioned way.
I told the notification to not fight the Guardian to go **** itself and continued slashing it to pieces.

It takes a ******* while, but it's fun.

Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess.

The atmosphere was incredible, so many interesting things about it.

Hasn't been topped.

Stray Faries are a really cool mechanic.

Getting a cool reward for some optional fetch questing in a specific location is great.

I miss it when I actually liked doing side quests in Zelda games.

But BOTW had the best sidequests, like running around and getting 50 or something mushrooms, picking up lizards, giving someone an apple...

Back