• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Age of Discussion

Remember when you beat Phantom Ganon in OOT and Ganondorf is all like "Lol that phantom sucks when you fight me it'll be 1000000 times harder" and then his boss fight is easier even if you don't factor in any upgrades you can get between the two fights like more health and increased durability. Phantom Ganon does cool shit like entering and teleporting across different paintings while using illusions to disorient Link, he actually moves around the room when he leviatates as opposed to just floating in the same spot, and his magic attacks don't automatically lock onto him when you reflect it back making it more difficult to bring him down to the ground unlike Ganondorf where you're never gonna have his magic attacks miss him when you hit them back. I guess Ganondorf has that move where he fires several zigzagging bolts but he takes so long to charge it up that, unless you've run out of arrows or magic, you can just quickly shoot him with a Light Arrow and down to the floor he goes. Only real advantage his fight has over the Phantom Ganon one is you need to hit his magic back at him and also use Light Arrows instead of just needing to do the former.

This may just be due to my not-so-great English skills, but I feel like in the English version Kohga is just a joke due to his sheer incompetence, whereas in the Italian version he seems to be a senile old man that at least tries to be threatening but fails.

So I know we can't talk about the game for a week, but how heavy are we thinking the Talus are? Basically all of the characters seem to be capable of knocking them back, but there is one that can just straight suck them off the ground with no effort, so that seems to be the best lifting strength feat from what I've seen

unless there's some big feat in the later parts of the game I haven't reached yet
Got an image of them? Better yet, an image of them that also shows a character with a known height or age?

Taluses? It's kinda easy to estimate their weight. I can do the calc if you can confirm me that Link's height is 170 cm aka 1.7 meters aka 5'7 feet. Also, can you guys send me a pic of Link near to a Talus?

Taluses? It's kinda easy to estimate their weight. I can do the calc if you can confirm me that Link's height is 170 cm aka 1.7 meters aka 5'7 feet. Also, can you guys send me a pic of Link near to a Talus?
I'm not all that familiar with BotW's lore & such. Since you mentioned it needing confirmation, why would Link be that height, & why would he not be that height?

5' 7'' is the height of OOT Link using the ruler in the game IIRC, and it's fair to assume that they are all circa that same height

Especially since Twilight Princess Link was able to fit in Ocarina Link's tunic.

I think that Link's height should be unknown and that the ruler isn't a good basis for measurement, but whatever. Link being like 5'7'' or 5'8'' seems about right, slightly below average Male height. He's my size.

Looking at myself I can totally see Link as tall as me. So 5'7 is a good assumption since all 17 years old Links seem to have similar height.

If I can silver tongue my way through the thick clouds that construct my mother's brain, I might be able to get Age of Calamity.

If I can silver tongue my way through the thick clouds that construct my mother's brain, I might be able to get Age of Calamity.
Just do what I had always done ever since I got into high school: find some way of earning money and then buy it yourself.

Last edited:
Finally finished AoC. Some spoiler-free impressions.

The plot is good, even though it sometimes feels like fanfiction and they decided to sometimes put gameplay over story. It had its sad moments, its funny ones and some really epic ones. One of the best thing in the game are the character interactions, especially between champions. Most importantly, the game spends little to no time explaining elements already explained in BOTW. I won’t make any example, but you NEED to have played BOTW in order to understand this game.

Regarding gameplay, I never really found it boring, and if you do, just make the difficulty higher. I’ve played almost the entire game in hard mode and it was really fun. There are certain story battles that killed me half a dozen times. Fighting bosses can sometimes feel more like playing a BOTW and requires more and more skill the higher the difficulty, and the game is chocked full of BOTW elements.

Also, the soundtrack is beautiful.

Overall, I would say that if you like BOTW and its world, and want to see a new story with ton of characters interactions and fanservice, go for it. Try fighting the guardian in chapter 2 of the demo on your own and see if the combat system is something you can get behind (since there are no real bosses outside of that one in the demo).

Last edited:
Finally finished AoC. Some spoiler-free impressions.
This is technically spoilers, but it’s very important if you’re considering to buy the game just for the story
Don’t expect this game to be a faithful prequel to BOTW. It’s explicitly stated even in game to be a different timeline. It’s still a good plot, it’s just not a prequel

By the way

Can we use the blood moon that happens in Age of Calamity for the calculation? In this case we could calculate the moon moving closer instead of it moving away, which could solve some issues

By the way

Can we use the blood moon that happens in Age of Calamity for the calculation? In this case we could calculate the moon moving closer instead of it moving away, which could solve some issues
Was it not said earlier in this thread that AoC's events are those of a different timeline? So if I understand things right, my question would be, how/why would AoC's feat scale to BotW1 Ganon?

Was it not said earlier in this thread that AoC's events are those of a different timeline? So if I understand things right, my question would be, how/why would AoC's feat scale to BotW1 Ganon?
It's a different timeline, but it's still canon. If there's no difference in circumstances, there should be no problem. If anything, it's fairly impressive that he pulled it off in AoC, since he was just hit by Zelda's power and the 4 divine beasts. I also need to check if you can see the blood moon in the final fight against Dark Beast Ganon in BOTW, when he turns the sky red.

In terms of feats the Blight Ganons also some good ones, such as Windblight Ganon being able to withstand being blasted by Vah Medohs giant blue energy beam, the same beam that can harm incomplete Calamity Ganon. Albeit Windblight Ganon takes noticeably more damage from that one beam than Calamity Ganon does from all four of the Divine Beasts beams combined (The laser takes off like 2/3 of it's health while the lasers combined in BOTW only do 1/2 on Calamity Ganon), but being able to mostly withstand an attack that can do noticable damage to a incomplete Ganon is still impressive. Also some more cool additions for Malice, it can create duplicates of others that possess the same abilities, Astor uses Malice to seemingly rip out the souls from fallen Yiga members, and some other cool stuff.

By the way

We probally can, but I'm not sure if we can calc how much closer it actually gets to the planet, I don't think theres a good comparison of it compared to the moon at its normal distance, but assuming it moves the same distance as in BOTW and using the timeframe of everything looking normal to being stained bright red just after they blast Calamity Ganon we're looking at very high end Large Planet level, possibly with a +. Should be a lot more solid than the BOTW one since it happens in a cutscene and not gameplay and, as you said, it's the moon being brought closer instead of being moved away to its normal orbit

Looking at the thread about pocket reality feats and stars I'm 90% sure any and all Tier 4 feats in Zelda are gonna be nonexistent.

In better news, my mom bought the game - should be coming Jan 12-15.

Let's go.

Losing 40+ pounds was worth it, lmao

Ranking Age of Calamity's main story missions. Probably very unpopular opinions
1. Water and Fire - Chapter 5

2. Air and Lightning - Chapter 5

3. Freeing Korok Forest - Chapter 3 (I know this shouldn't be this high, but THAT moment was so epic I can't not put it here)

4. The Road Home, Besieged - Chapter 3

5. Revali, the Rito Warrior - Chapter 2

6. Each Step Like Thunder - Chapter 6

7. The Future of Hyrule - Chapter 7

8. Calamity Strikes - Chapter 5

9. All of Hyrule, United - Chapter 7

10. When Courage Fails - Chapter 4

11. Urbosa, the Gerudo Chief - Chapter 2

12. Road to the Ancient Lab - Chapter 1

13. The Yiga Clan Attacks! - Chapter 2

14. Destroy the Yiga Clan! - Chapter 4

15. Mipha, the Zora Princess - Chapter 2

16. The Great Plateau - Chapter 7

17. Relentless as a Waterfall - Chapter 6

18. The Battle of Hyrule Field - Chapter 1

19. Akkala Tower - Chapter 4

20. Daruk, the Goron Hero - Chapter 2

Yeah a new Zelda character would be nice, the Zelda rep in Smash leaves A LOT to be desired. Young and Toon Link could have more stuff pulled from their games but are just clones of normal Link, whose own moveset is already heavily outdated, Zelda does things she never does in game like the spells Link gets in OOT, I guess Sheik is kinda fine but a lot of her stuff had to be made up, and Ganondorf...

Listen I love Ganondorf in Smash as much as the next guy, he's extremely fun to play as, but out of all the characters Smash he is easily one of, if not the most, poorly represented. Besides being super strong and like 2 moves from Twilight Princess he is nothing like his canon self.

Yeah a new Zelda character would be nice, the Zelda rep in Smash leaves A LOT to be desired. Young and Toon Link could have more stuff pulled from their games but are just clones of normal Link, whose own moveset is already heavily outdated, Zelda does things she never does in game like the spells Link gets in OOT, I guess Sheik is kinda fine but a lot of her stuff had to be made up, and Ganondorf...

Listen I love Ganondorf in Smash as much as the next guy, he's extremely fun to play as, but out of all the characters Smash he is easily one of, if not the most, poorly represented. Besides being super strong and like 2 moves from Twilight Princess he is nothing like his canon self.
Sheik is almost perfect, all she needs is a taunt and maybe a win screen of her playing the harp and she would be amazing. Since she doesn't have any combat moves in OOT.

Young Link and Toon Link being semi-clones to Link is completely nonsensical. There is so much inspiration that you could have pulled from their games (A salivate at a Mask-based moveset for Young Link ala a combination of Shulk's Monado Arts and Pokemon Trainers switch mechanic).

Zelda, as you said, just stole Link's abilities from OOT, and they don't even work as they should. Faraore's wind should set a marker which Zelda can teleport to, not just a normal teleport ability, for instance.

Link, despite Sakurai getting an early copy of Breath of the Wild, has almost no references barring a normal boomerang, double arrows, and remote bomb (And even that could be expanded further [i.e. Holding Down B brings up a menu to switch between round or square bombs, for instance]). There is SOOOO much from BotW you could have implemented. Any or all runes and champion abilities for one.

Having three Links shouldn't feel so same-y, every Link should be different.

And bro, Ganon's my main. It is embarrassing how terrible he is both through representation and competitive viability. I can't even get into the pain that brings me.

If we were to make BOTW profiles, would they be separate from the AoC profiles? or just another key?
If we separated OoT Link from MM Link, I would say they definitely get a different profile (at best I can see the Champions sharing the same profile because they don’t have much in their BOTW appearance)

Back