• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hylia High 6-B Upgrade (And by extension SS Link, Demise, and Ghirahim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So Hylia and Demise. Currently, despite what most would think, they barely qualify as mid tiers in Zelda, unironically being below the likes of Bongo Bongo with currently accepted (Albeit not applied) scaling. However there is a way to finally upgrade them from the shackles of being in the same tier as Vaati, and that's scaling them to Malladus, well downscaling them from Malladus specifically.

So long story short Skyward Sword revealed that the reason all the different Zeldas are naturally born with sacred powers is because they inherited them from Hylia, which y'know cool but most Zeldas have almost nothing going for them in feats or scaling. However, the Zelda in Spirit Tracks after channeling her inner Hylia is actually shown as being physically comparable to Link who as seen in that first clip is strong enough to deflect attacks from Malladus. Now while Malladus is weakened during the actual boss fight, the part where Link deflects his attacks is before that happens so he should be relative, albeit somewhat inferior, to the demon kings full strength.

So unfortunately Demise, the Zelda equivalent of satan, still ends up weaker than or at best barely on part with this random demon king since he scales to / vaguely above Hylia who's sacred powers only allow Zelda to downscale from Malladus but that ain't my fault, Nintendo should've given him and Hylia better scaling and maybe still below Bongo Bongo depending on if you wanna scale the OOT Sages to about a sixth of Ganondorf. Below is a rough draft for Hylias AP if this is accepted;

Large Country level (Created a massive cloud barrier to separate the heavens from the surface, her sacred power is so great that when fully channeled it made Princess Zelda physically comparable to Link)

Dunno if I should add Link being comparable to Malladus in there or just leave it as linking to his profile which has him scaling to Malladus.

I don't know about being physically comparable to Link, since she just helped him push a sword into Malladus, but she still probably downscales in some degree so I'm not against the upgrade in principle.

While not Link's equal persay. Link wasn't strong enough to push the Lokomo Sword all the way without Zelda assisting him. So at least applying enough strength to turn the tables should still put her within the same ballpark to an extent yeah.

Looks good.

Do you think its possible for Zelda to do this while only having 1/4th of Link's strength? Im asking because Malladus' feat is 364 Teratons, which is only 3.64 times higher than the low end of High 6-B. On top of that, Link is downscaling from Malladus

Yeah no issues with downscaling to baseline, but how would we make it clear that we're rating Hylia at that level? Obviously the justification of somewhat comparable to Link would lead to anyone just putting her at somewhat below Malladus' value instead of baseline, and putting in an explanation in her AP section trying to show she scales to about a fourth of it seems clunkly.

Also still really funny to me that the best we can do for Demise is scale him to 25% of Malladus, can't believe there's a large portion of people that still scale him to the complete Triforce

Yeah no issues with downscaling to baseline, but how would we make it clear that we're rating Hylia at that level? Obviously the justification of somewhat comparable to Link would lead to anyone just putting her at somewhat below Malladus' value instead of baseline, and putting in an explanation in her AP section trying to show she scales to about a fourth of it seems clunkly.

Also still really funny to me that the best we can do for Demise is scale him to 25% of Malladus, can't believe there's a large portion of people that still scale him to the complete Triforce
If only that alleged Tier 4 feat had more concrete statements.

We were so close as well, english version straight up says Demise created that realm but then the original japanese swooped in and just has a vague statement of the realm being under his magical control

So I was thinking of this as Hylia's justification (And can also be slightly reworked for a justification when a Spirit Tracks Zelda profile is made)

Large Country level (Created a massive cloud barrier to separate the heavens from the surface, her sacred power when channeled by Princess Zelda made her strong enough that she could physically provide enough aid to Link to finally drive the Lokomo Sword into Malladus' head)

Wording it as providing enough aid makes it more clear she's not really Links equal but is still in the same ballpark, still not sure if it fully conveys how much she downscales, like I said earlier I'm still not sure how to word that without being clunky.

Hylia should overall still be above that version of Zelda though.

Hylia should overall still be above that version of Zelda though.
Maybe, although it's hard to tell how much of Hylias power she's channeling. It could 10% or 100% of it or any kinda percentage, we know it can get as low as 7-B as seen with BOTW Zelda but that's about it.

She probably is above this version of Zelda, although it's better to play it safe and just lowball her as being equal.

Seems good 👍

It's sad that narratively Demise and Hylia are likely meant to be really high in the power chain and the creators likely have this in mind, but their actual in game scaling is unfortunately ass.

Seems good 👍

It's sad that narratively Demise and Hylia are likely meant to be really high in the power chain and the creators likely have this in mind, but their actual in game scaling is unfortunately ass.
There were so close to giving them cracked scaling too, the Imprisoned was hyped up as being so powerful that Link needed the complete Triforce to actually put it down, but then they ended up having Link without a single piece of the Triforce being superior to Demise completely shooting any change the Imprisoned had at getting Triforce piece scaling in the foot lmao

The moral of the story is that Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power, TOTK Ganondorf, and Majora all solo Skyward Sword

Thankfully not, that freaks staying at Island level. Bro is canonically weaker than the Imprisoned given he gets clapped by the Four Sword while the Imprisoned was so strong Fi calculated Links odds of winning a direct fight even with a fully powered Master Sword as being 0%

Wording it as providing enough aid makes it more clear she's not really Links equal but is still in the same ballpark, still not sure if it fully conveys how much she downscales, like I said earlier I'm still not sure how to word that without being clunky.
I fine with your new suggestion.

Oh my god I forgot how bad SS Link's keys and ratings are, he still has a town level key for fighting Levias which not only did he not fight Levias but he also had the True Master Sword by that point. Dude is due for a revamp anyway so for now I'll change his fourth key to High 6-B then make a CRT for his profile to be fixed proper down the line.

I've made the changes now so this can be closed, will hopefully have something cooked up to sort out Link's wonky keys and stats soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back