• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading the level of physical durability of wizards

Well, then I think that Credence should add something like immortality or regeneration from dust to his profile.

This is tier3 canon thing but, professor Rackham withstood the corrupted ancient magic spell that blasted other 3 keepers away when they confronted Isidora.

This is tier3 canon thing but, professor Rackham withstood the corrupted ancient magic spell that blasted other 3 keepers away when they confronted Isidora.
And what is Isidora's level? I was playing Hogwarts Legacy, but I didn't pay attention to the power levels back then. I remember that in another thread you said that there is an island level. Can you explain?

And by the way, I remembered that in one of the Dweller_Of_Dreams topics I mentioned how the Trio survived the explosion. Does it look like a level higher than wall?

l1S92_5G8U0.jpg
iY4WRZUD7xU.jpg

You need to know how close they were to the explosion. Based on the clip, it looks like the trio teleported away before the explosion.

And what is Isidora's level? I was playing Hogwarts Legacy, but I didn't pay attention to the power levels back then. I remember that in another thread you said that there is an island level. Can you explain?
Isidora is extremely powerful after being amped by the corrupt ancient magic created by pain, being able to overpower Rackham and Rookwood in a 2v1 beam struggle.
The keepers are large island+ according to this calc

The Keepers Dispel The Said Storm:

All four Keepers, dispel the storm once they no longer have a need of it, while adding in some finishing touches to Percival's work.

Volume= 63555860800000 m^3

The density of the water and air in the cloud together is approximately 1.003 kg/m3.

Mass= 63555860800000 x 1.003= 63746528382400 kg

It took 4 seconds for all clouds to fade into the horizon.

Speed= 50300/4= 12575 m/s

Assuming it was spread omnidirectionally, as we see clouds from all directions fade away.

Kinetic Energy = 0.25 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)^2

0.25 x 63746528382400 x (12575)^2= 2.5200695936723E+21 J= 602.31108835380018718 Gigatons of TNT(Large Island+ Level)

Considering all four have been portrayed to be comparable in power and all of them were doing it while multi-tasking, the total result should scale for all four individually.

Not only that, Isidora, while amped by her Repositories, was match two of the keepers in a beam struggle and was implied to be able to prevail over three as Prof.Bakar saw it fit to cast the killing curse on her, after he wasn't able to wake up Prof. Fitzgerald from the blow Isidora dealt to her. This scaling could roughly be used for all top tiers of the verse, who have similar or superior feats of magic/duelling.

Isidora is extremely powerful after being amped by the corrupt ancient magic created by pain, being able to overpower Rackham and Rookwood in a 2v1 beam struggle.
The keepers are large island+ according to this calc
Do you mean this feat? Your video is simply not available

Well, this is a very good indicator for wizards, but I'm not sure that we can scale it to canonical characters, because, as I understand it, Hogwarts Legacy is not a canonical work for the original series and films.

2. It was attacking him, but it did not seem to try very hard; all it did was push him down. Also, because of this creature's smoke-like appearance, its body may have slipped past him, resulting in him not receiving the full force of the attack. Think of it as if a very strong wind were trying to blow you away.
By the way, after digging into the script, I found confirmation that Credence fully hit Grindelwald with the power of Obscurus, that shock waves even spread around. I think this is normal:
OcG7IB5E21Y.jpg

You need to know how close they were to the explosion. Based on the clip, it looks like the trio teleported away before the explosion.
It's in the movie, in the book, they didn't teleport, but completely withstood the explosion. Well, we don't know exactly where they were, but obviously in the room where the explosion occurred. The horn of the oars is on the wall, and the guys seemed to be standing somewhere in the center of the room, because at that moment they got up from the table and had to step back because Lovegood was threatening them.

There is only one and I am not sure it scales to this
Therefore, if in the future we will update the Hogwarts Legacy profile by scaling from Keepers, then we should add their profiles and Isidora's profile. I think the scaling is fair because the Main Character is the strongest wizard in the verse in principle (because he possesses the most powerful form of ancient magic, which is either comparable or more powerful than Isidora's)

Therefore, if in the future we will update the Hogwarts Legacy profile by scaling from Keepers, then we should add their profiles and Isidora's profile. I think the scaling is fair because the Main Character is the strongest wizard in the verse in principle (because he possesses the most powerful form of ancient magic, which is either comparable or more powerful than Isidora's)
Don't think the protagonist of the game really scales to the keepers or isidora tbh. There is no way to scale his ancient magic to theirs and he certainly lacks knowledge and skill in it.
Unless it's bad ending protagonist who decides to use the repository.

Last edited:
So, let's finish this thread then, because, as I understand it, there are not enough Harry Potter supporters on this wiki, so we will not wait for calculations about the above-mentioned feats and this thread will never end☹️

Based on the feats:
of Sirius, who survived the explosion of the street, Voldemort, who survived the explosion of a magic wand, McGonagall, who survived several spells, Grindelwald, who ignored the full impact of Obscurus and the Trio, who survived the explosion of the horn, I think it's worth increasing the durability of the listed wizards to the level of a small building It is possible to scale building to other wizards in the same way, because physically they are no different (Harry Potter is still a limited energy system).

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Before I go through the effort of reading through the OP as I did in the last, should I be responding to a particular post instead, or is the OP up-to-date?

And to be clear, you absolutely require a calculation to verify whether a feat is 9-A or not (regarding the post just before mine): It is imperative that you get one, be it by requesting it or attempting it yourself. If you can show me a feat and if it doesn't look like a pain in the ass, I can oblige.

Before I go through the effort of reading through the OP as I did in the last, should I be responding to a particular post instead, or is the OP up-to-date?

And to be clear, you absolutely require a calculation to verify whether a feat is 9-A or not (regarding the post just before mine): It is imperative that you get one, be it by requesting it or attempting it yourself. If you can show me a feat and if it doesn't look like a pain in the ass, I can oblige.
The OP is relevant, you can read from the very beginning. Yes, I tried to request a calc twice, but no one responded (I am now writing about the explosion of a magic wand and the explosion that the Trio experienced)

Send me a video, can take a look at it at the very least.

I agree with Bambu, we still need proper calculations and due to the novel format, it's harder to determine how much the feat would be deemed less impressive via inverse square law.

Aye, tanking an explosion will generally be leagues lower than the AP of the explosion itself: even being a meter from the epicenter can divide the durability needed to tank it by like 12-16.

Aye, tanking an explosion will generally be leagues lower than the AP of the explosion itself: even being a meter from the epicenter can divide the durability needed to tank it by like 12-16.
It seems that Sirius is right next to Wormtail at the time of the explosion, and he created the explosion while holding the wand behind his back.

I agree with Bambu, we still need proper calculations and due to the novel format, it's harder to determine how much the feat would be deemed less impressive via inverse square law.
Okay, what about the other feats? Grindelwald is experiencing a Obscurus attack, for example

Firstly, I want to draw attention to the Prisoner of Azkaban, where, because of Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black was accused of killing many people and blowing up the street. I know that there is already a calculation on this topic, but for some reason they did not take it into account, then Sirius (who, as we know, did not arrange the explosion) stood near Wormtail and wanted to punish him for betraying the Potters. But Peter blew up the street before Sirius could do anything, and sneaked into the sewers. I want to draw your attention to the fact that Black was standing right next to the explosion and was not injured in any way, moreover, he survived the explosion without any magic shield. I do not know how true this statement is, but it is a clear physical Durability in the level of the building.
Per the calc, Sirius was not even close to the epicenter of this (more than 20 feet, at least) and it killed everyone who was. If we have a visual of the feat, that'd be something, otherwise this doesn't do much for us.

Secondly, do you remember how in the Order of the Phoenix McGonagall was shot with four Stunning spells at once?

bOYyMl0pV90.jpg

Zjc7H8j_J3E.jpg

This is a very powerful feat, because in the Goblet of Fire we learn that these very spells put dragons to sleep, that is, pierced them.
They're stunning spells. It's hax, not damage. Even if they would also KO a dragon and could cause death in high enough dosages (is dosages the correct term?), it's still not an outright attack (and thus not dura).

And what do we have in terms of dragon Durability? I don't know if there was a calculation for this feat, but in Deathly Hallows, the dragon who guarded Gringotts' safe then tore the entire cave into small pieces and made his way with his body from a thick layer of stone (yes, Harry, Ron and Hermione helped him, but nevertheless, he specifically put more emphasis on it). I don't want to count the energy of this feat (I'm bad at mathematical calculations), but I can assume that at least a building will come out, or even more, because when the dragon flew out of the cave, when he finally broke out, he destroyed the entire bank with one flutter of wings, in my opinion.
Why would you assume that? What you're describing is attack potency, not durability. Even if we're taking the stone falling on him as a result of the tunneling and building collapse, I would say it is unlikely to yield 8-C (although it is probable to hit 9-A, at least, which is close- we'd need a lot of statements or a video to calc it).

Based on this, Minerva withstood at least a similar power or even more, being without a magic shield (she did not have time to put it up). Yes, after she was, of course, sent to the hospital: she was very badly hurt. But she was still alive. Therefore, the average wizard, I think, will withstand such shots without any problems. For example, Severus Snape, I think, would have withstood such a blow, because he is younger and stronger than Minerva.
I think that it is possible for wizards to raise the level of physical durability to the level of a large building based on the evidence I have given and further strength with magic shields, because it is based on physical Durability.
She survived a building collapsing on her, a dragon attacking her, what? I need clarification and a scan.

As for the stuff added in after: I don't understand the significance of being physically struck by the Obscurus, but none of the damage dealt to buildings is going to yield more than 9-B from what I'm seeing- he didn't "destroy" anything, he ****** up windows and caused light damage to brickwork.

Voldemort's feat of surviving his own wand explosion is valid, if you have a calc I'd be eager to hear it- we need a value to put to that, you can't just pick one at random.

I don't know what explosion you're claiming the trio survived, the OP doesn't actually specify.

Based on this evidence- Voldemort and those who scale to him could scale to something higher than the profiles currently suggest (acknowledging that Voldemort's whole deal is that he's impossible to kill). Lesser wizards I would steer clear of scaling.

Per the calc, Sirius was not even close to the epicenter of this (more than 20 feet, at least) and it killed everyone who was. If we have a visual of the feat, that'd be something, otherwise this doesn't do much for us.
I agree with you, the location of Sirius is unclear at that moment, but my opinion is in favor of the fact that he was standing next to the Rat, because the wizards noticed how "he was standing next to the remaining pieces from Peter and laughing", something like that.
They're stunning spells. It's hax, not damage. Even if they would also KO a dragon and could cause death in high enough dosages (is dosages the correct term?), it's still not an outright attack (and thus not dura).
Yes, it's Hax, but in certain "doses", as you put it, this spell can be very dangerous. What do you mean by "it's still not an outright attack"?
Why would you assume that? What you're describing is attack potency, not durability. Even if we're taking the stone falling on him as a result of the tunneling and building collapse, I would say it is unlikely to yield 8-C (although it is probable to hit 9-A, at least, which is close- we'd need a lot of statements or a video to calc it).
The profile of the Hungarian Horntail indicates that this dragon has the durability of a building level. I don't think the other dragons should be any different from him.
As for the stuff added in after: I don't understand the significance of being physically struck by the Obscurus, but none of the damage dealt to buildings is going to yield more than 9-B from what I'm seeing- he didn't "destroy" anything, he ****** up windows and caused light damage to brickwork.
However, it was a direct blow from Credence to Grindelwald. I dare say it's done with about the same force as in this feat:

Nevertheless, the profile of Credence indicates that in the form of an Obscurus, he has the level of a large building.
Voldemort's feat of surviving his own wand explosion is valid, if you have a calc I'd be eager to hear it- we need a value to put to that, you can't just pick one at random.
Yes, but I do not know exactly how your wiki calculates feats. For the first understanding, this is extremely incomprehensible and difficult for me to access
I don't know what explosion you're claiming the trio survived, the OP doesn't actually specify.
In the screenshots
Based on this evidence- Voldemort and those who scale to him could scale to something higher than the profiles currently suggest (acknowledging that Voldemort's whole deal is that he's impossible to kill). Lesser wizards I would steer clear of scaling.
Well, Voldemort really has the right to improve durability, because it is stated that his body is a separate horcrux. And horcruxes, as you know, cannot be destroyed by conventional methods and physical influences (obviously, they scale up to the most powerful spells and above, counting exceptions)

According to Explosion Yield Calculations Page, for a mid-air explosion to produce energy at the Small Building tier, it must have a radius of at least 6 meters. Do you think the radii of explosions is that big?
Indeed, I think I can believe it. At least in the case of Voldemort and Sirius for sure. As for the explosion of the Trio, I'm not 100% sure, but nevertheless, I think Lovegood's room is quite large, and the explosion went through the whole house.

Back