• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading the level of physical durability of wizards

Therefore, if in the future we will update the Hogwarts Legacy profile by scaling from Keepers, then we should add their profiles and Isidora's profile. I think the scaling is fair because the Main Character is the strongest wizard in the verse in principle (because he possesses the most powerful form of ancient magic, which is either comparable or more powerful than Isidora's)
There is no scaling link to the keepers, and their best feat is creating a rain storm.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem that Newt tanked the attack; he was actively defending against it. Also, how do you know it was lighting instead of electricity?
I remembered that on the Harry Potter wiki, the spell that Grindelwald used to torture Newt is identical to the one that Voldemort uses after he took the Elder Wand
xbCsJ6tSSrk.jpg

This is their assumption but i think this is more closer to the lightnings that voldemort sent to harry while he was clashing with dumbledore in the 5th film.
It was Avada Kedavra (and in general it is absolutely strange that Dumbledore was able to overpower Avada Kedavra with his spell...)
4BV1DhQ-Xcg.jpg

Yes, but having some of these properties does not automatically qualify lightning as real lightning because normal electricity can do some of the same things.

"Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify."

Yes, but having some of these properties does not automatically qualify lightning as real lightning because normal electricity can do some of the same things.

"Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify."
listen... well, I'm not that good at lightning in works of fiction (movies, novels, etc.), but can such an effect be caused by electricity? Electricity, as I know, flows only in conductors, that is, mainly in metals and does not produce such an arc discharge. And lightning differs from electricity in that it occurs in a gaseous environment, which mainly explains its power and short duration (electricity is constantly in conductors). Although this can also be explained by the fact that this spell is created magically.

Most works of fiction make little effort to differentiate between lightning and electricity, even rarer if they actually specify the properties of lighting/electricity. If there is no extraordinary evidence of it being real lightning, then we simply don't assume anything.

No, I mean he sends lightning at harry while clashing with dumbledore usijg avada kedavra.

0:29

I get what you're talking about, but I think it's the sparks from Avada Kedavra. Although I'm not sure, I just don't know how he can use Killing Curse and lightning at the same time

I get what you're talking about, but I think it's the sparks from Avada Kedavra. Although I'm not sure, I just don't know how he can use Killing Curse and lightning at the same time
Doubt it's a spark cause it only shows when voldemort is waving his wand during the clash, and the "sparks" of the clash seems to be the lava like magic dripping from the beams.
I don't see why it's not possible. It's not like the killing curse takes everything of voldemort to cast it.

Doubt it's a spark cause it only shows when voldemort is waving his wand during the clash, and the "sparks" of the clash seems to be the lava like magic dripping from the beams.
I don't see why it's not possible. It's not like the killing curse takes everything of voldemort to cast it.
Well, then we have another feat of dodging electricity discharges, because Harry reacts to these "lightning bolts" and tries to cover his head with his hands

Back