• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

Why was the 8-A calc ever accepted in the first place if the flaws were so blatant and easily uncovered?
i don't really know, I wasn't around then and I think it was just people neglected to really check. Not accusing anyone of anything but like I am just as confused as you.

Why was the 8-A calc ever accepted in the first place if the flaws were so blatant and easily uncovered?
I've never played Arrow Fell and Weekly did not even mentioned the Combustion Dust. I just saw the line in game that said it melts the blocks.

I saw no reason why the statement wouldn't hold when it does indeed say it melts metal blocks.

The boiling point is just a complete mistake on my part, I didn't notice it. So yeah, I take blame for that one there. Can't tell you how since that was over 1 year ago.

the premise of the calc is wrong but like
also of note is the fact that latent heat of vaporization (i.e BOILING) was used for a statement of melting
even IF the premise was correct it drops down to like 42 tons if done correctly lol
Actually, I checked the history and Weekly actually did it correctly at first.

But changed it to vaporization afterward. If you look, Weekly made his edit at March 20, 05:56, which is 5:56 am.

Looking at my comment, I made my evaluation at March 20, at 4:57 am. If you hover your mouse over my comment's time you can see it.

That's almost one hour after I gave my evaluation.

Note: When this calculation was made it wasn't used for scaling or upgrading anyone, they were all 7-C and Low 7-B at the time. Which is why I probably never noticed the change, because I didn't have any reason to look back at this blog and I was avoiding RWBY talk.

When the 8-A calc had to be used, that was during March 14 at 2024. I also did not take part in the downgrade thread, as I've been worn out with RWBY on this site.

I probably should've realized it when I saw the blog again after seeing they were downgraded, so I do take responsibility for not noticing it at that point.

I had just forgotten the feat was originally 43 Tons.

But changed it to vaporization afterward. If you look, Weekly made his edit at March 20, 05:56, which is 5:56 am.

Looking at my comment, I made my evaluation at March 20, at 4:57 am. If you hover your mouse over my comment's time you can see it.

Note: When this calculation was made it wasn't used for scaling or upgrading anyone, they were all 7-C and Low 7-B at the time. Which is why I probably never noticed the change, because I didn't have any reason to look back at this blog and I was avoiding RWBY talk.

When the 8-A calc had to be used, that was during March 14 at 2024. I also did not take part in the downgrade thread, as I've been worn out with RWBY on this site.

I probably should've realized it when I saw the blog again after seeing they were downgraded, so I do take responsibility for not noticing it at that point.

Mind if I add this to my RVR report?

Honestly he probably thought the calc had to be changed because if it were to upgrade them then why, they were already 7-C/Low 7-B

Honestly he probably thought the calc had to be changed because if it were to upgrade them then why, they were already 7-C/Low 7-B
That makes little sense, he changed the calc to vaporization when the text in game says melting and he originally calculated it as melting.

An hour after my evaluation he changed it to vaporization and did not inform me or any other calc group member he did.

This isn't an accident, not unless he claims he doesn't know what boiling point means and thought it was melting? Seems highly unlikely.

Not to air out personal drama, but Weekly isn't someone I even get infuriated at anymore. I feel sorry and sad because it's genuinely sad to see someone who may have a real addiction to powerscaling. Addiction in general is bad, but he's avoided bans, constantly hovers over the site despite being banned, it's just... disheartening.

I'm aware he's generally banned right now, I'm talking about when the ban expires.

Hell, if he's willing to do stealth edits, maybe he should have restrictions to his ability to edit profiles too.

The Queen Lancer durability isn't really a calculation, I just added the results from this calc. You can see the explanation of what I'm doing in the blog itself.

Note: I still think this rating is fine, since a single case is 249 Tons of TNT and Weiss threw 14 cases worth of dust at it. The Queen Lancer is FAR bigger than the source of the explosion as well, which is why the ISL was not needed either. (Using it would actually increase the results beyond the original value, which is not possible)

For scaling, it'd scales to Dust Injected Hazel, who defeated Weiss's summon of the Queen Lancer while she was being enhanced by Jaune's Semblance. It of course scales to her Arma Gigas as well, since it defeated the Queen Lancer. I don't remember who else would scale to that or not. You all will have to deal with that yourselves.

But I'm not going to fight it if you all disagree with me.

Weiss has a calculation that is 8-A here. However, I cannot say if RWBY's energy system would allow them to scale to this value.

Oscar has an 8-B+ feat as well, but it was performed by using some of kinetic energy stored in Ozpin's cane.

The Queen Lancer durability isn't really a calculation, I just added the results from this calc. You can see the explanation of what I'm doing in the blog itself.

Note: I still think this rating is fine, since a single case is 249 Tons of TNT and Weiss threw 14 cases worth of dust at it. The Queen Lancer is FAR bigger than the source of the explosion as well, which is why the ISL was not needed either. (Using it would actually increase the results beyond the original value, which is not possible)

For scaling, it'd scales to Dust Injected Hazel, who defeated Weiss's summon of the Queen Lancer while she was being enhanced by Jaune's Semblance. It of course scales to her Arma Gigas as well, since it defeated the Queen Lancer. I don't remember who else would scale to that or not. You all will have to deal with that yourselves.

But I'm not going to fight it if you all disagree with me.

Weiss has a calculation that is 8-A here. However, I cannot say if RWBY's energy system would allow them to scale to this value.

Oscar has an 8-B+ feat as well, but it was performed by using some of kinetic energy stored in Ozpin's cane.
Seems legit at a glance.

Should they scale to the Queen Lancer though? I don't think that's the right direction to go, given the circumstances.
They should scale relative to the Queen Lancer if that calc is fine to go. It got destroyed by Hazel and Weiss’s knight so not seeing an issue with scaling people to it.

Now my issue comes in when we realize the amount of horrible, horrendous, absolutely mind numbing scaling chains that result from that because of Hazel and the knight.
The main cast should scale above it by the time they get to Atlas seeing as they could harm Cordovin's Mech which is like Tier 7 last I checked.
Cordovin’s Mech one shot Jaune and Nora with 0 effort, they do not scale to it anymore than a bee would scale to a human for piercing our skin. Only feat I recall where they did something that would be considered scaling is Ruby making it stumble backward with a slash when it was off balance.

They should scale relative to the Queen Lancer if that calc is fine to go. It got destroyed by Hazel and Weiss’s knight so not seeing an issue with scaling people to it.

Now my issue comes in when we realize the amount of horrible, horrendous, absolutely mind numbing scaling chain that results from that because of Hazel and the knight.

Cordovin’s Mech one shot Jaune and Nora with 0 effort, they do not scale to it anymore than a bee would scale to a human for piercing our skin. Only feat I recall where they did something that would be considered scaling is Ruby making it stumble backward with a slash when it was off balance.
Also there is the maiden downscaling you agree with too

Maiden scaling should be saved for another thread.

This thread is about removing a calculation and what they should scale to without it. New scaling should be for a new thread.

From my memory of the scaling.

249 Explosion < Queen Lancer = Weiss's Arma Gigas Summon < Weiss's Enhanced Queen Lancer Summon = Dust Injection Hazel.

Qrow does withstand a hit from Hazel, though it puts him down for awhile, he gets back up and take another strike from Hazel and fights him off screen.

Ren also took two hits from Hazel as well, while the second one put him down for awhile, he does get back up.

Ozpin, while in control of Oscar's body, also took a direct strike from Hazel. His attacks also staggered him and pushed him back. Hard to tell with Hazel since he has Aura and cannot feel pain either.

Nora with Electricity absorbed scales as well, for her overpowering Hazel clearly. But she also broke down a door Weiss's Arma Gigas could not even scratch in Volume 8.

Blake also knocked Hazel to the ground with her kick, with him grunting from it as well. Though as I said above, it's extremely hard to tell if Hazel is hurt without visuals.

Lionheart also blocked hits from the Queen Lancer summon with his weapon and harmed it as well. Note that the Queen Lancer actually "screamed" when hit. So while him blocking those attacks might not seem impressive, though visual effects mean little, he does actually damage it.

Qrow can take hits from Lionheart's weapon and even deflect them. And I think we all know how that scaling goes after Qrow.

I do not have any scans in question, as I don't know where to find RWBY videos outside of reactions.

Friendly reminder that we currently scale MCU Iron Man to Large Country level+ for drawing a single drop of blood from Thanos

Also temp v butcher and soldier boy could only bruise homelander, that's literally the only damage he got in that two vs one, yet they scale

Homelander took zero damage from that explosion, the bruise was the worst thing he's ever got. Note that Maeve was shocked to see him bruised, implying she's never seen him hurt. So yes, he took no damage from that blast. Iron Man drew blood from Thanos with a blunt attack and took some hits. Though he is still downscaling.

Ruby, using a sharp weapon, pierced through the mech. Which isn't comparable to its full body Kinetic Energy. Knocking it off balance isn't scaling when it was already off balance to begin with. The mech one shotted both Jaune and Nora, and Jaune was amping them with his Semblance.

Size does matters. We don't scale Kirishima for stabbing into Gigantomachia's arms, due to the fact he's vastly smaller and is dealing with significantly less area.

Also, if they do end up scaling to 249 Tons of TNT. The Mech is only 1565.57 Tons of TNT, which is around a 6x difference.

This is still in the range of being able to cause slight damage, especially with weapons as well.

Friendly reminder that we currently scale MCU Iron Man to Large Country level+ for drawing a single drop of blood from Thanos
Please don't bring other franchises into this
But yes, that scaling is a mistake, especially when you see EndGame and you notice that an Armor superior to that of Infinity War is One Shot by a blow from the Stormbreaker of a Thor weaker than the one in Infinity War, who is overwhelmed. by Thanos himself
And if you analyze the fight, apart from that blow there is only one other that could be considered effective, because things like the missiles literally only served to distract him and the blow that drew blood is not simply brute force, when delivering the blow, it releases energy, so it is not a normal thing

Last edited:
Back