• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 2] LIGHT SPEED MORE LIKE LIGHT PEE

This is where you are incorrect because I AM NOT REFERRING TO THE RWBY VERSE.

I said GENERALLY that just because something is light does not mean it moves at light speed as a response to Spin’s comment that because something is light that it must be light speed.
This is my very point, the talk of it generally in regards to "other verses" is unneeded when this isn't the only thing in isolation, there is other evidence coupled with it so focusing solely on that and generalizing is like very much unnecessary imo.

I'm literally meaning bringing up that alone as a general across verse thing not being needed here since its not the sole evidence fornthe lasers here in this instance

This is my very point, the talk of it generally in regards to "other verses" is unneeded when this isn't the only thing in isolation, there is other evidence coupled with it so focusing solely on that and generalizing is like very much unnecessary imo
I respond to a generalization with another generalization and you refer to it and myself as nitpicky. Your point is based on trying to undermine a throwaway comment responding to a somewhat incorrect overview of how light speed attacks operate.

im pretty sure particle weaponry moves at speeds close to light.
that is true. But I wouldn't call them EXACTLY at the speed of light. And since particles are not light, the scan of Penny's beams being rays of light contradicts with them also being particle beams.

I respond to a generalization with another generalization and you refer to it and myself as nitpicky. Your point is based on trying to undermine a throwaway comment responding to a somewhat incorrect overview of how light speed attacks operate.
I mean I at least know the basis he was operating off of for the statement though since he's the one who brought the evidence as a whole anyways again this isn't just something in isolation here. Regardless though apologies for apparently making it feel like I was attacking you for whatever reason

I kind of don't remember much of the RWBY lightspeed stuff, it's been way too long. So I'm going to be ignoring if the Silver Eyes even fit the requirements.

The calculations in question depends highly on what we assume is lightspeed here. The Silver Eyes magical light... blob thing or whatever. Moves at a far slower speed than the light that brightens up the room. In both cases we see the room gets brighter before the magically light reaches that same place.

There is a difference between the two. And yes, being made of light doesn't equal moving at lightspeed. We have those rules for a reason, fiction is really weird.

For the Amity Arena stuff, I find it highly questionable that such a thing exist in universe. Also, not a fan of cherry picking what we think could be right or not. Considering even the official account says the rest of their information is just shenanigans, I find it hard to trust the game in many cases.

I completely reject the idea of it being a real thing in universe. Character backstories being legit are the only thing I can think of as being alright.

Note: Particle beams are not lightspeed, they move at speeds close to light but never reach it.

This is all I can say about this stuff. I don't have any strong opinions about this.

I think the particle beam stuff is fine. .43c is good with me. I don’t see why the devs would make that up. It’s just adding more flavor to a cool tank.

Back