• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

Dude, this is blatant misinformation, if you have actual proof as to why you disagree then show it.
Well, for one, you literally have the title of the CRT as the Great Quest to downgrade RWBY. And King blatantly said that he hates RWBY and will vote against it constantly. As for the calc itself, I see no reason why it wouldn't be melting as the specific power up was for Yang to melt through the cubes. I know the visuals say she's smashing it, but narratively she's melting it.

Not a matter of spite when something is actually incorrect.

This CRT is about an incorrect calculation, don't bring up any other scaling. You can make a CRT about scaling in the future, though I'm certain that was already discussed.
I might in the future.

Well, for one, you literally have the title of the CRT as the Great Quest to downgrade RWBY. And King blatantly said that he hates RWBY and will vote against it constantly. As for the calc itself, I see no reason why it wouldn't be melting as the specific power up was for Yang to melt through the cubes. I know the visuals say she's smashing it, but narratively she's melting it.
If you bothered to look at the screenshots, narratively you would know that it directly states that this "upgrade" is through Combustion Dust which they elaborate on and say it raises your physical power.

There is nothing about melting, there is nothing about enhancing or adding new abilities to your semblance.

The fact this is through combustion dust alone prevents people from scaling to it, but the issue is that it just... doesn't melt! If it was meant to, they would have changed the visuals or had the conversation state (this combustion dust can melt objects!)

And now I have an aching feeling you're a Weekly sock.

the premise of the calc is wrong but like
also of note is the fact that latent heat of vaporization (i.e BOILING) was used for a statement of melting
even IF the premise was correct it drops down to like 42 tons if done correctly lol
Even if it's actually melting, the whole premise of the calculation is wrong.

If you bothered to look at the screenshots, narratively you would know that it directly states that this "upgrade" is through Combustion Dust which they elaborate on and say it raises your physical power.

There is nothing about melting, there is nothing about enhancing or adding new abilities to your semblance.

The fact this is through combustion dust alone prevents people from scaling to it, but the issue is that it just... doesn't melt! If it was meant to, they would have changed the visuals or had the conversation state (this combustion dust can melt objects!)

And now I have an aching feeling you're a Weekly sock.

Look at Yang’s section on abilities. It says that it transforms her semblance into atomic heat that can run so hot it can melt any metal. Thats where the heat/melting thing comes from.

Also, I’m not a sock.

Throwing accusations like that isn't needed, something like that could be discussed behind closed doors if you really believe that. Especially when the accusation is that serious.

How about we stay chill? Not saying anyone is acting out, just that I see this ending badly for someone if this level continues to increase.

This is what I mean by saying there is a bias against RWBY here. I try and defend it and I'm called a sock. How the hell am I supposed to disprove that anyway? Like, just because Weekly supports RWBY means that I am him? Like, I recognize that Weekly went way too far many times. And I am trying to keep an even tone. But that legitimately makes me upset because it now casts doubt on any arguments I try and make.

"Your combustion dust fueled Semblance is really handy for destroying metal blocks!"

In no way does she note she melts the blocks, and the game does not show this at all. If it really was meant to be melting, they could have easily changed up the animation or shown a different form of the blocks being destroyed. And the fact that it directly notes she needs combustion dust to do this, which is an amp, and we never see this done any time outside this game should be enough to show even if the calc was right, no one should scale.

"The storied FLAMING HALO technique transforms YANG's Semblance atomic heat enhanced by combustion dust. And runs so hot it can melt any metal."
Once again, she needs combustion dust, and uses it for a single attack, but barring this, there is so much flowery language at play here.

Melting any metals? You do realize the implications this has right? Atomic Heat? Why is this never elaborated upon. This also goes entirely against combustion dusts description of boosting your physical capabilities, and that's more in line with her just being able to break stronger materials.

The funniest part is, if they got these upgrades, why have they not used them in canon? Why is this never mentioned in canon? This upgrade is not valid and is clear game mechanics, coupled with a faulty calculation, flowery language, and contradicting visuals.

I do have one question, about the melting statement: Why do we assume that the statement is wrong and the visuals are not, rather than taking into account the possibility that gameplay visuals can be limited as opposed to direct statements?

RWBY characters are gonna become Johnny Test victims now and nobody can stop me!

johnny-test-evil-laugh.gif
whip crack erm, what the sigma?!

"Your combustion dust fueled Semblance is really handy for destroying metal blocks!"

In no way does she note she melts the blocks, and the game does not show this at all. If it really was meant to be melting, they could have easily changed up the animation or shown a different form of the blocks being destroyed. And the fact that it directly notes she needs combustion dust to do this, which is an amp, and we never see this done any time outside this game should be enough to show even if the calc was right, no one should scale.

"The storied FLAMING HALO technique transforms YANG's Semblance atomic heat enhanced by combustion dust. And runs so hot it can melt any metal."
Once again, she needs combustion dust, and uses it for a single attack, but barring this, there is so much flowery language at play here.

Melting any metals? You do realize the implications this has right? Atomic Heat? Why is this never elaborated upon. This also goes entirely against combustion dusts description of boosting your physical capabilities, and that's more in line with her just being able to break stronger materials.

The funniest part is, if they got these upgrades, why have they not used them in canon? Why is this never mentioned in canon? This upgrade is not valid and is clear game mechanics, coupled with a faulty calculation, flowery language, and contradicting visuals.
She still melts them though. If she could have just smashed them like with the big rocks, she would have. The combustion dust just made her semblance hotter. You say this is all flowery language but that completely ignores the point that it's still melting the crates. Again, I know it looks like she's cracking it but she is, narratively, melting it. And the game is canon either way, so there is no need to try to downplay the feat based off the fact that it comes from a game.

I do have one question, about the melting statement: Why do we assume that the statement is wrong and the visuals are not, rather than taking into account the possibility that gameplay visuals can be limited as opposed to direct statements?
Arrowfell had development problems. It was supposed to be a four player co-op game but got delayed a year. The art style was also drastically different. They basically had to build the game back up from a conceptional stance. Personally, it's a 6 out of 10. I beat it in one morning and was personally welmed. So that's why I am giving leeway to the melting feat.

Largely because it's not like they did not have the resources to do this. This game was being published by ArcSys and made by WayForward, two very prestigious gaming companies.

Normally, I'd prefer statements over what is shown. But you need to keep in mind, you CANNOT destroy these metal blocks beforehand, it is only through this upgrade that you can, and since this is supposed to be melting them why would they not make the animation to accompany this thing you can ONLY do after your semblance is upgrade.
She still melts them though. If she could have just smashed them like with the big rocks, she would have. The combustion dust just made her semblance hotter. You say this is all flowery language but that completely ignores the point that it's still melting the crates. Again, I know it looks like she's cracking it but she is, narratively, melting it. And the game is canon either way, so there is no need to try to downplay the feat based off the fact that it comes from a game.
She can't smash through them without combustion dust, so yes you're right that she can't just do that normally as the game literally limits you from doing that. So you're telling me... it didn't just make her stronger, it just made her semblance hotter something that already wouldn't really be scalable to other people, ESPECIALLY considering Aura grants resistance to high temperatures AND cold tempatures.

I'm not gonna lie bro, this just gets worse and worse as it progresses.

Also, I never tried to downplay the feat based off the fact it came from a game, I was saying that why would these seemingly very important power ups never show up in canon RWBY.

Largely because it's not like they did not have the resources to do this. This game was being published by ArcSys and made by WayForward, two very prestigious gaming companies.

Normally, I'd prefer statements over what is shown. But you need to keep in mind, you CANNOT destroy these metal blocks beforehand, it is only through this upgrade that you can, and since this is supposed to be melting them why would they not make the animation to accompany this thing you can ONLY do after your semblance is upgrade.

She can't smash through them without combustion dust, so yes you're right that she can't just do that normally as the game literally limits you from doing that. So you're telling me... it didn't just make her stronger, it just made her semblance hotter something that already wouldn't really be scalable to other people, ESPECIALLY considering Aura grants resistance to high temperatures AND cold tempatures.

I'm not gonna lie bro, this just gets worse and worse as it progresses.

Also, I never tried to downplay the feat based off the fact it came from a game, I was saying that why would these seemingly very important power ups never show up in canon RWBY.
I said my peace. This feat is a nothing burger in the grand scheme of things anyway. There are bigger feats team RWBY can scale to.

See. This is what I mean. I try and bring up points and get this stuff said to me. I can't just be disagreed with. I have to be belittled and said that even trying to argue is pointless.
I think they were talking about Weekly not you /gen

Like what?
Rusty said to hold off on fully explaining them until I make a CRT, but for a short-hand version:

There are fully formed Grimm in the Grimm Geyser that survive the impact on Atlas's shield.
Scaling to Maiden's due to the cast being able to harm them (Winter straight up cut off Cinder's Grimm arm for one) and being able to take their bloodlusted hits.

See. This is what I mean. I try and bring up points and get this stuff said to me. I can't just be disagreed with. I have to be belittled and said that even trying to argue is pointless.
Sorry if it felt like I was talking to you
I was addressing the calc ☠️

I hate tertiary RWBY canon that adds things the main series doesn’t recognize.

I also don’t like the show but that’s not relevant to why I am typically against it, I just think the feats and reasoning for most of the profiles is not correct.

I agree with Maiden downscaling and said as much in the thread before it got closed. If there are legitimate upgrades going on then sure, go ahead and do them. If I see a problem I will not agree, if not then I won’t.

I hate tertiary RWBY canon that adds things the main series doesn’t recognize.

I also don’t like the show but that’s not relevant to why I am typically against it, I just think the feats and reasoning for most of the profiles is not correct.

I agree with Maiden downscaling and said as much in the thread before it got closed. If there are legitimate upgrades going on then sure, go ahead and do them. If I see a problem I will not agree, if not then I won’t.
I'll make the maiden downscaling thread... eventually

Unless you do it

Back