• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

hahahahahahah.
no
I wish you would explain more than just laughing and saying no. To actually justify why it’s laughable. Because the cast definitely became stronger than before as they trained multiple times and they could fight Adam despite him one shooting a previous version of Yang. So like if that more so should scale to just the High 8-C stuff fine but I don’t see that response being justified to a simple question. Because I can absolutely see them not being 8-B just that doesn’t explain to me or anyone why you think that.

I wish you would explain more than just laughing and saying no. To actually justify why it’s laughable. Because the cast definitely became stronger than before as they trained multiple times and they could fight Adam despite him one shooting a previous version of Yang. So like if that more so should scale to just the High 8-C stuff fine but I don’t see that response being justified to a simple question. Because I can absolutely see them not being 8-B just that doesn’t explain to me or anyone why you think that.
I don't think, I act purely on instinct, on the drive to see these verses in their rightful place.

The only reason I even looked into this was because I had a hunch, nothing more.

What I desire is not downgrades or upgrades, I desire a select chosen few to lead this site into prosperity, so that we can truly understand and advance scaling.

You guys really gotta understand what makes these titles work. "The Great Odyssean/Sisyphean Quest" works because the former indicates a long, arduous journey, while the latter implies a never-ending cycle of work and toil. Both fitting for what I'm doing. But what the fuck is a "Remnant Quest"? What does it mean for something to be "Squidwardian"?

Agree with the op btw
It seems that the God of War downgrades have been a before and after here, it is already the fourth franchise that uses the same type of titles
Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara = Social Influencing

I’ve heard in older downgrades that the cast could maybe be 8-B upscaling from Yang. Don’t know if that could still be the case.
Well dependent on where in High 8-C the calcs place the Beacon era characters is at, a case could be made for 8-B I suppose. But here's the biggest issue with that: we don't know HOW much stronger they've gotten without any in universe statements or multipliers.

So unless those exist in universe, it's likely they'll remain in High 8-C limbo

Wait, what about the Queen Lancer calc? Wouldn't they still be 8-A off of that since they scale above it by the time they reach Atlas?
I really don’t like that one personally. Now’s a great time to finally get to axe it. It uses explosive canisters that hold multiple explosives.
It’s like scaling someone to surviving the full energy of a box full of grenades exploding on them rather than surviving the individual grenades in the box (which is how it should actually go). Granted I think the individual explosives are higher than high 8-C.

Well dependent on where in High 8-C the calcs place the Beacon era characters is at, a case could be made for 8-B I suppose. But here's the biggest issue with that: we don't know HOW much stronger they've gotten without any in universe statements or multipliers.

I meant Yang is 8-B right now with her semblance. That’s what I was referring to, would they scale to that well after her reaching that tier with her semblance.

I meant Yang is 8-B right now with her semblance. That’s what I was referring to, would they scale to that well after her reaching that tier with her semblance.
Well, as cinder said, without offical statements we can’t prove that they have reached that level.

Never mind the individual explosives are High 8-C+ which lines up way more with the cast being High 8-C funnily enough.
InShot_20240403_010508067.jpg

High 8-C hell is consistent. It's so over💀

Plus it’s not about statements, it’s just has anyone shown to be stronger than post beacon Yang’s semblance. Which I guess I could be misremembering if anyone would be.

Plus it’s not about statements, it’s just has anyone shown to be stronger than post beacon Yang’s semblance. Which I guess I could be misremembering if anyone would be.
The issue is how do you directly show that without making statements? I wouldn’t know how and I don’t remember that so like.

Well, as cinder said, without offical statements we can’t prove that they have reached that level.

That was me, just so you know

The issue is how do you directly show that without making statements? I wouldn’t know how and I don’t remember that so like.
Yang’s semblance has a visual indication plus people can just be out of her league in general. But I do think then it would be best to make them High 8-C now (which ever end of High 8-C they would scale to) then comb through and see if anyone scales to Yang’s semblance later.

Well well well, if it isn’t another RWBY upgrade threa- wait someone’s downgrading it? Without me??

Anyway as an avid hater of all tertiary RWBY canon, I agree. Feat makes no sense and I didn’t play the game so I didn’t even realize the combustion dust statement was a thing. Always thought it was weird we’re accepting EVERYTHING in that game as canon including the game mechanics like Yang’s semblance upgrading(?) to be hotter as if that was ever a thing in canon.

like how the F are we currently accepting all of that video game equipment as canon???? Why are health potions and chocolate being treated as actual equipment when that stuff is 100000% not canon in the main series?????

As for the Queen Lancer calc, I don’t much care how that goes, I remember talking about it a long time ago and getting a headache. If that is also being removed or challenged, as well as the entire “Queen lancer tanked this and got one shot by Hazel so everyone scales to a one shot value” scaling chain, then you won’t hear complaints from me as long as it’s accurate.

Back to High 8-C is wild tho. The RWBY Atlas arc fall off needs to be studied.

Last edited:
Yang’s semblance has a visual indication plus people can just be out of her league in general. But I do think then it would be best to make them High 8-C now (which ever end of High 8-C they would scale to) then comb through and see if anyone scales to Yang’s semblance later.
No one scales to Yang’s semblance other than Adam with his own semblance who one shot her arm off… though even then her Semblance makes her stronger not more durable and that was in Volume 3 not Volume 4-5 where she would be 8-B with it, so 🤷‍♂️

No one scales to Yang’s semblance other than Adam with his own semblance who one shot her arm off… though even then her Semblance makes her stronger not more durable and that was in Volume 3 not Volume 4-5 where she would be 8-B with it, so 🤷‍♂️
Doesn't Mercury tank a bunch of hits from Semblance Amped Yang because he deliberately threw the fight for the plan? Not the same key, I know, but it's something.

uh,random off topic question,how does combustion dust work?
is it like,an highly sensitive gunpowder?
or is it like,termite?
oh yeah,and i agree with the downgrades.

uh,random off topic question,how does combustion dust work?
is it like,an highly sensitive gunpowder?
or is it like,termite?
oh yeah,and i agree with the downgrades.
They don’t elaborate on it much other than the fact it’s like a fuel source.

Also, class t comes from a sole feat where Penny, the robot character who is a maiden and nobody compares to, lifts Amity into the sky.

This calc was also denied by calc members, nice try spinonirr

Anyway, I don’t even really buy main cast RWBY being this low anyway. They should downscale from the maidens.

Back