• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 2] LIGHT SPEED MORE LIKE LIGHT PEE

Isn’t the logic of the second calc faulty considering the light has already touched everything in the room? The second the screen starts lighting up, Cinder has already been hit by the light. It’s just the bigger bang of magic that she seems to move alongside. The glow caused by Ruby has already touched her, as indicated by the screen being lighter.

Isn’t the logic of the second calc faulty considering the light has already touched everything in the room? The second the screen starts lighting up, Cinder has already been hit by the light. It’s just the bigger bang of magic that she seems to move alongside. The glow caused by Ruby has already touched her, as indicated by the screen being lighter.
No it has not watch the frame by frame the light that's coming out of rwby doesn't instantly cover the room

No it has not watch the frame by frame
I’m not talking about the blob of white coming from Ruby. I’m talking about the screen itself literally being white. As the pictures of your own calc show, the entire screen is lighter than it was before. You’re calculating Cinder moving against light that has already hit her, which doesn’t make sense to me.

The screen is lighter in the third pic than the first or second. Meaning the light has already hit everything in the room. Your calculation takes place after this and doesn’t make sense to me

Actually @
I’m not talking about the blob of white coming from Ruby. I’m talking about the screen itself literally being white. As the pictures of your own calc show, the entire screen is lighter than it was before. You’re calculating Cinder moving against light that has already hit her, which doesn’t make sense to me.

The screen is lighter in the third pic than the first or second. Meaning the light has already hit everything in the room. Your calculation takes place after this and doesn’t make sense to me

Ah if you're meaning that light effect then that wouldn't even make sense for us to considering the screen effect considering the moment the light hits Cinder her Grim arm would be completed ****** to the max as we saw, the actual light coming out of ruby hasn't remotely reached Cinder yet as she's completely unaffected and still attacking Jaune.

I'd rather take the actual white light coming out of her rather than the screen brightening effect here.

However for that I'll leave it up to CGMs to decide

In the calc used for them by Dalesean07 both scenes show NO one "dodging" this supposed light speed attack.

@TheRustyOne @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Damage3245 @Therefir

Need opinions on the calculations themself and your thoughts on the above points

Actually @
Ah if you're meaning that light effect then that wouldn't even make sense for us to considering the screen effect considering the moment the light hits Cinder her Grim arm would be completed ****** to the max as we saw, the actual light coming out of ruby hasn't remotely reached Cinder yet as she's completely unaffected and still attacking Jaune.

I'd rather take the actual white light coming out of her rather than the screen brightening effect here.

However for that I'll leave it up to CGMs to decide
But the screen brightening is the entire reason it’s considered light in the first place? Why would the screen no brighten in an instant if it truly is documenting a light speed feat?

It takes a couple seconds of exposure for Grimm to get messed up by the silver eyes, and clearly the bigger blob of light that expands from Ruby is carrying a bulk of the magic. But the screen brightening effect is LITERALLY the result of light hitting everything. Otherwise it wouldn’t exist. There are rays of light coming off of Ruby well before the bigger blob expands from her.

There are two separate “light” sources on Ruby. She begins to glow, which immediately already means the light coming off of her is going outwards to fill the room and reflect off literally everything. She then glows harder until that glow encompasses the room.

There is a speed difference between the light from her glow and the glow itself, as the light fills the room well before the glow does.

Right away using Mazii I get this.

" "WEAPONフローティング・アレイ背中に格納された大量の剣を空中に浮遊させて遠隔操作し、敵の攻撃を防御する盾にしたり、束ねて銃に変型させて高出力の光線を放つことができる。また、付属のワイヤーで重い物体を引き寄せるなど、柔軟さと強靭さを併せ持つ。 "

" "WEAPON Floating Array A large number of swords stored on the back can be floated in the air and controlled remotely, used as a shield to defend against enemy attacks, or bundled together to transform into a gun and emit a high-power beam of light. . It also has both flexibility and strength, such as being able to pull heavy objects with the attached wire. "

Right away using Mazii I get this.

" "WEAPONフローティング・アレイ背中に格納された大量の剣を空中に浮遊させて遠隔操作し、敵の攻撃を防御する盾にしたり、束ねて銃に変型させて高出力の光線を放つことができる。また、付属のワイヤーで重い物体を引き寄せるなど、柔軟さと強靭さを併せ持つ。 " "WEAPONフローティング・アレイ背中に格納された大量の剣を空中に浮遊させて遠隔操作し、敵の攻撃を防御する盾にしたり、束ねて銃に変型させて高出力の光線を放つことができる。また、付属のワイヤーで重い物体を引き寄せるなど、柔軟さと強靭さを併せ持つ

" "WEAPON Floating Array A large number of swords stored on the back can be floated in the air and controlled remotely, used as a shield to defend against enemy attacks, or bundled together to transform into a gun and emit a high-power beam of light. . It also has both flexibility and strength, such as being able to pull heavy objects with the attached wire. " "WEAPON Floating Array A large number of swords stored on the back can be floated in the air and controlled remotely, used as a shield to defend against enemy attacks, or bundled together to transform into a gun and emit a high-power beam of light. . It also has both flexibility and strength, such as being able to pull heavy objects with the attached wire.
So it does say Penny's lasers are light and given the writers statement that the spider dorid, Ironwoods laser gun are also lasers like Penny's this means they are shooting out beams of light

So it does say Penny's lasers are light and given the writers statement that the spider dorid, Ironwoods laser gun are also lasers like Penny's this means they are shooting out beams of light
Yeah that seems pretty common from all the translations im getting so Penny's stuff should be usable as Light in calcs as well but still having a wiki translation would be the cherry on top

Yeah that seems pretty common from all the translations im getting so Penny's stuff should be usable as Light in calcs as well but still having a wiki translation would be the cherry on top
wow I wish you guys would have just sent this before cause that’s pretty blatant.

Anyways, I have no issues if they’re taken as light, my only other issue would be whether or not people in the vytal festival forward scale but that’s not my job.

wow I wish you guys would have just sent this before cause that’s pretty blatant.

Anyways, I have no issues if they’re taken as light, my only other issue would be whether or not people in the vytal festival forward scale but that’s not my job.
Yeah basically it's new information the previous thread didn't have due to that art book with information came out recently

I mean it's how we know the characters heights too

Back