• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ghost of the Uchiha versus Monkey Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, why would nullifying an effect something has on you mean you couldn't resist it? Is making it not affect you not just a stronger variant? If I nullify a fire's burning effect on me, is that not simply a faster and more effective version of resisting the fire?

it didn't stop the ability from working...

Does using normal haki on logias stop their ability from working? No.
0671-007.png
You also don’t seem to get how Power Null works

Not everything is like Asta from BC where being touched by his swords turns off the ability. The null can be isolated to the actual user being uneffected by attacks

Wait, why would nullifying an effect something has on you mean you couldn't resist it? Is making it not affect you not just a stronger variant? If I nullify a fire's burning effect on me, is that not simply a faster and more effective version of resisting the fire?
The issue is that that is not what Haki is doing.

Haki does not nullify fire or heat, it just resists it. We know this because we see that Haki is able to be burned through. If Haki simply negates the heat, then how did it get burned through? The effect of the heat is still acting on the Haki, but it's just withstanding it (unless greater amounts of heat is added).

You also don’t seem to get how Power Null works

Not everything is like Asta from BC where being touched by his swords turns off the ability. The null can be isolated to the actual user being uneffected by attacks
Which they have been effected with for not having strong enough haki
0690-015.png
0690-016.png

The issue is that that is not what Haki is doing.

Haki does not nullify fire or heat, it just resists it. We know this because we see that Haki is able to be burned through. If Haki simply negates the heat, then how did it get burned through? The effect of the heat is still acting on the Haki, but it's just withstanding it (unless greater amounts of heat is added).
I know, but I was speaking in the context of this fight.

For the luffy can move in his sleep comment. IT dosen't just put him to sleep, the caster then plants a reality in your head where they control time space gravity etc or can outright kill u (if you accept tsukyomi and IT as the same jutsu)
Not to mention he'd be ensnared by the god tree slowly dying

For the luffy can move in his sleep comment. IT dosen't just put him to sleep, the caster then plants a reality in your head where they control time space gravity etc or can outright kill u (if you accept tsukyomi and IT as the same jutsu)
Doesn't matter, his Kenbun lets him move subconsciously, being in an illusion shouldn't stop him. Also, he's in Gear 5th, that mf would move while unable to move just because it's funny. I'm 50% sure that he personally will do something like that before the end of the series.
Not to mention he'd be ensnared by the god tree slowly dying
It's only Class G.

Doesn't matter, his Kenbun lets him move subconsciously, being in an illusion shouldn't stop him. Also, he's in Gear 5th, that mf would move while unable to move just because it's funny. I'm 50% sure that he personally will do something like that before the end of the series.

It's only Class G.
Uta was quite literally going to murder him in his sleep. Shanks had to stop her, I think there's a difference between just being sleep and your psyche under direct attack and u having to deal with that

It can drain your life force upon contact if the user chooses to. If he gets ensnared it'll already be to late especially if he's genjutsu'd beforehand

so a couple of things. before i make an actual vote,

1). Madara can use Infinite Tsukuyomi with his own eyes or by looking at the moon to make the moonlight shine across the entire planet with the power of his GJ. It doesn't matter if you hide or close your eyes, just being touched by the light hits you with the jutsu unless you have the Six Path Rinnegan which gives superior GJ resistance to Infinite Tsukuyomi's Potency, or are shrouded in the Susanoo of a SP Rinnegan user. This jutsu was meant to hit everyone on the planet simultaneously even people in their homes sleeping. If Madara uses the moon variant, Luffy will be hit regardless of where he goes or what he does unless he leaves the planet before the light hits him somehow(which is something Luffy can't and won't do.)

2). Kenbun does not matter at all to SP Tier Genjutsu. Even normal Sharingan completely sees through GJ, even when done by other Sharingan Users. Yet Mangekyo Sharingan gj ignores your ability to ignore an ability. That's how a layer works. just being "above the mind"(which is flowery at best) is irrelevant to a layered ability

Layers > High Resistance every time. Because a Layered ability will ignore your resistance against something as if they don't exist rather than directly clash against said resistance.

3). Haki doesn't negate all DF abilities in existence. It can negate certain abilities of DFS or even just diminish their effectiveness and at other times it can't. An example is Oden not just nulling the Barrier Fruits' powers just because fodder is using it, An Admiral not being able to break Bird Cage(yada yada he wanted to trust that the SHs could accomplish it to push his anti-shichibukai agenda and because of what Smoker told him about alabasta 🤓 ), even Law getting out of Doc Q turning him into a woman required him to funnel Haki into his body after the ability had already affected him, Assuming that Haki should give EE resistance, Soul Resistance, or even Temporal Resistances just because those DFs exist without any interaction between Haki and the fruit is just plain goonery. Haki negging/dulling DFs doesn't mean it will interact with every fruit the same way.

4). Haki isn't even accepted as having resistances like the ones being described on Luffy's profile or the Haki page. What is accepted is that Buso acts as DF Power Null. And if that is the case for verse battles it should be treated as either a weakness of DFs that Haki can exploit(not resistances) or for out of verse should only be capable of negating the abilities of other verses that have a similar Power System to DFs if we go by SBA.

5). 8th Gates Guy breaks one by kicking Madara into one after Kakashi Kamui's the front away and again when he warps space while sprinting towards Madara. But he never physically touches one. Not to mention Madara can choose when TSO functions as balls of death as shown when he stabs Sakura and she doesn't get erased and when Obito is still not in control of his mind his TSOs aren't erasing everything they touch yet. TSOs, when used normally can't be touched by anyone that doesn't have SP Chakra..
Yeah I still find the core of this argument to be the most convincing, so count me for Madara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back