• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ghost of the Uchiha versus Monkey Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a couple of things. before i make an actual vote,

1). Madara can use Infinite Tsukuyomi with his own eyes or by looking at the moon to make the moonlight shine across the entire planet with the power of his GJ. It doesn't matter if you hide or close your eyes, just being touched by the light hits you with the jutsu unless you have the Six Path Rinnegan which gives superior GJ resistance to Infinite Tsukuyomi's Potency, or are shrouded in the Susanoo of a SP Rinnegan user. This jutsu was meant to hit everyone on the planet simultaneously even people in their homes sleeping. If Madara uses the moon variant, Luffy will be hit regardless of where he goes or what he does unless he leaves the planet before the light hits him somehow(which is something Luffy can't and won't do.)

2). Kenbun does not matter at all to SP Tier Genjutsu. Even normal Sharingan completely sees through GJ, even when done by other Sharingan Users. Yet Mangekyo Sharingan gj ignores your ability to ignore an ability. That's how a layer works. just being "above the mind"(which is flowery at best) is irrelevant to a layered ability

Layers > High Resistance every time. Because a Layered ability will ignore your resistance against something as if they don't exist rather than directly clash against said resistance.

3). Haki doesn't negate all DF abilities in existence. It can negate certain abilities of DFS or even just diminish their effectiveness and at other times it can't. An example is Oden not just nulling the Barrier Fruits' powers just because fodder is using it, An Admiral not being able to break Bird Cage(yada yada he wanted to trust that the SHs could accomplish it to push his anti-shichibukai agenda and because of what Smoker told him about alabasta 🤓 ) Assuming that Haki should give EE resistance, Soul Resistance, or even Temporal Resistances just because those DFs exist without any interaction between Haki and the fruit is just plain goonery. Haki negging/dulling DFs doesn't mean it will interact with every fruit the same way.

4). Haki isn't even accepted as having resistances like the ones being described on Luffy's profile or the Haki page. What is accepted is that Buso acts as DF Power Null. And if that is the case for verse battles it should be treated as either a weakness of DFs that Haki can exploit(not resistances) or for out of verse should only be capable of negating the abilities of other verses that have a similar Power System to DFs if we go by SBA.

5). 8th Gates Guy breaks one by kicking Madara into one after Kakashi Kamui's the front away and again when he warps space while sprinting towards Madara. But he never physically touches one. Not to mention Madara can choose when TSO functions as balls of death as shown when he stabs Sakura and she doesn't get erased and when Obito is still not in control of his mind his TSOs aren't erasing everything they touch yet. TSOs, when used normally can't be touched by anyone that doesn't have SP Chakra..
Bro is straight up yapping and twisting the haki page...
all of you are just straight up going against the profiles...
That won’t counter it. It completely traps the opponents mind. And he would be wrapped by the roots and Madara can just erase him then.
  • Instinctive Reaction (Kin'emon can sense and fight even without connection to his other senses, as his legs and torso moved around Punk Hazard using only his Kenbunshoku Haki and not any others[26][27][28]. Big Mom and Whitebeard can sense and fight while they're sleeping[29][30]. Rayleigh said that Luffy could unconsciously sense the emotions of living things[6])
He's body will still be able to move on it's own and sense him
Haki doesn't negate all DF abilities in existence.
Yes it does... Accepted as such on the haki page and from databooks
Haki isn't even accepted as having resistances like the ones being described on Luffy's profile or the Haki page. What is accepted is that Buso acts as DF Power Null.
You are now straight up lying at this point...

Initial Stage​

Resistance to

Intermediate Stage​

• Devil Fruit Negation (Intense enough Haki can counteract and negate Devil Fruit abilities, seen when Trafalgar Law negated the effects of the Feminization Disease from the Sick-Sick Fruit[63])
And if that is the case for verse battles it should be treated as either a weakness of DFs that Haki can exploit(not resistances) or for out of verse should only be capable of negating the abilities of other verses that have a similar Power System to DFs if we go by SBA.
Haki works also on things that don't come from devil fruits... So it's not a devil fruit weakness and doesn't make any sense to be just a devil fruit weakness

Devil fruits aren't magic based or anything

Last edited:
Bro is straight up yapping and twisting the haki page...
all of you are just straight up going against the profiles...
then show me something from the profile that goes against what I'm saying instead of yapping.
He's body will still be able to move on it's own and sense him
GJ paralyzes so that really doesn't matter.
Yes it does... Accepted as such on the haki page and from databooks
and yet there are examples in the series that contradict that being all-encompassing.

sounds like its CRT time:devilish:
You are now straight up lying at this point...
"like the ones being described" is the key part.

y'all are saying Haki can resist the EE of TSO because Moria's fruit has a limited EE aspect to it that no Haki user has interacted with.

Not to mention I've already given examples showing not every aspect of every DF is always negged by Haki. so saying any form of EE resistance should come from this is a loose assumption followed by a healthy dose of goonery.

and yet there are examples in the series that contradict that being all-encompassing.
No examples at all.
GJ paralyzes so that really doesn't matter.
Haki resists
y'all are saying Haki can resist the EE of TSO because Moria's fruit has a limited EE aspect to it that no Haki user has interacted with.
Thats like saying the truth seeking balls doesn't erase all ninjutsu because it isn't shown to

No examples at all.
sounds like you weren't reading.
Thats like saying the truth seeking balls doesn't erase all ninjutsu because it isn't shown to
We've seen on multiple different occasions that Haki doesnt always neg every aspect of every Devil Fruit ability.

Moria has a limited EE that is a byproduct of his DFs actual ability to mess with Shadows and not something his fruit technically even does. It's a product of not having a shadow. Why would Haki null something that is a product of afflicting a DF ability on someone and not the power itself?

whereas TSOs are directly stated and implied to erase all ninjutsu.

we dont give Truth seeking orbs resistances or negating the properties for every single jutsu thats ever shown in the series like your doing for devil fruits.

otherwise TSB would have the ability to negate up to low godly levels of regeneration and reality warping

Moria has a limited EE that is a byproduct of his DFs actual ability to mess with Shadows and not something his fruit technically even does. It's a product of not having a shadow. Why would Haki null something that is a product of afflicting a DF ability on someone and not the power itself?
Because it's from the devil fruit that the byproduct ability comes from... The actual sun doesn't have any ability, it's the devil fruit that works like that by taking someone's shadow... This is stated to be from the fruit and not some sort of in verse law like sea vs devil fruits
whereas TSOs are directly stated and implied to erase all ninjutsu.
Haki has been stated and shown to block devil fruit abilities many times...
sounds like you weren't reading.
Those instances doesn't mean anything, oden did not use haki in that moment, especially the negation type which he would need in that instance

And doffy is a haki user, we see luffy's gear 4th Haki which is much stronger than his base haki, break them.

we dont give Truth seeking orbs resistances or negating the properties for every single jutsu thats ever shown in the series like your doing for devil fruits.
which are literally stated and shown to work like that bro what? If you have a problem with that, go discuss with oda.
he literally listed examples in his original comment which you decided to just respond with "no muh profiles" like wtf
Yee because they weren't actual anti feats

An example is Oden not just nulling the Barrier Fruits' powers just because fodder is using it, An Admiral not being able to break Bird Cage
These aren't good arguments to be honest. The Barrier and Bird-Cage aren't something you can really "resist" in the first place. First one is a defense Barrier so there's nothing to "resist." same with Bird-Cage. The latter simply being an abundance of uber stronk string, it's not something you can really resist either.

Furthermore if Haki was accepted as nullification (which it isn't.) then Buso would be negating DF abilities 24/7. Haki is meant to "block" these abilities from effecting the user, not to nullify the ability as a whole.

Save me the excuses Karo. I have seen you act like this in multiple Naruto threads, this is far from the first time this has happened with you. That's not "unnecessary", that's called getting called out for hostile behavior and I'm obviously not the only one here that thought your comments are hostile.

also how are you gonna say you'll ignore the argument then address it seconds later?

That's literally the same thing.

It's very ironic your out here throwing accusations of lying while lying yourself. You never gave an explanation "several times" you made one reply in regards to the Might Guy subject to which I even agreed that I was wrong.
That happens, people make mistakes buddy.
You can believe what you want, that's fine by me. Call it hostile, everyone has their opinions. Anyways looking at your actual points you're far off from what happened in might guy vs madara than where you started. Also next time if you haven't watched something or don't have knowledge of it ask questions. "Might Guy overcame tso with sheer ap" sounds to me like "I actually know what I'm talking about" but "if I remember correctly didn't might guy overcome tso with ap" sounds like "don't really know about this stuff but this is what I think happened " you used the former which would imply you have read at least the few pages where the feat actually occured. Which would leave me puzzled as to why you said what you said. You know what you sounded like? Someone somewhere told you and you just regurgitated it. Because why will you confidently say something and then I tell you what happened the panel before and you'd tell me "I never read it". I didn't ask you to read the entire manga. At least when you pull out a scan read the surrounding context. It's really not hard. It's actually just fact checking

Kamui was only used to teleport the TSO's away from Guy, after which Might Guy used his own speed and strength advantage to slam Madara into his own TSO. (To which he could have literally wrapped around himself or used a Limbo clone.)
No . Minato teleported the orbs from Guy . Kakashi used kamui To take entirely the front part of the tso staff that madara completely wrapped his body in.

Luffy is faster and stronger than the both of them. If Might Guy was able to accomplish such a thing by blitzing Madara before he could defend himself then so can Luffy via better speed amps.

By doing what Guy did? Blitzing the shit out of him before he can react? Also pretty sure Madara doesn't wrap himself in TSO's 24/7.

Not sure how that changes anything. Blud got drop kicked in his ******* back and never stopped to go "hey maybe I should have a limbo clone grab me".

Oh you must mean like how Luffy can do via speed amps? Honestly your shooting yourself in the foot here.
guy never blitzed madara. Not at any point. He was just faster . And luffy is stronger with one giant attack That if he tries he would just be erased. He's is actually almost 3 times weaker than both of them. And you keep saying he is faster. You know you have to like prove it?
I don't know why we are on limbo topic when he has not gotten past tso yet but still madara never used limbo because he didn't view guy as a threat. Right after the fight the first thing he used against naruto who he viewed a thread was limbo

Karo just stop. Might Guy is Sub-Rel vs Luffy's FTL. However since speed is equalized base speed would be the same but Luffy has several blitz worthy speed amps. I don't need to prove it since the profile for Luffy and Guy already do. (Unless you think Sub-Rel is now somehow faster than FTL.)

Madara was also sub-Rel.
Bruh speed is equalised. Whether he is sub rel or ftl is irrelevant. Without amps both might guy, madara and luffy are all equal in speed according to this match because technically speed is equalised.
On god I shouldn't even need to explain this to a full grown ass man.

If Might Guy, Who's slower and lacks as many methods of amping his speed as Luffy could blitz Madara then so can Luffy. Speed being equalized doesn't stop Luffy from getting faster, and his speed amps are greater than Might Guy's which were used to blitz Madara.
Dude. Even if you haven't watched naruto at least make effort to read the profile. If you did you would know 8th gate guy asides from evening elephant has 6 different speed boosts. So stop saying it is less.
He doesn't need to. Also does this Madara even have infinite stamina? Thought that was for Edo only.
Never said he has. He just has much more than luffy
Once again it is, as accepted on the profiles so you can make a CRT or just shut up at this point.
That's the issue. It is not accepted. If it is link me to where resistance to EE is anywhere.
The Susanoo is literally made of Chakra, I.E a form of matter. Susanoo's are not intangible or some type of spiritual abstraction. It's still very much a physical construction containing matter. If they didn't have matter they'd be intangible which isn't the case.
I will assume you don't know energy isn't even matter. I'm not explaining this you know why? It's on the damn profile, kindly read it.
"Can block out all Devil Fruit abilities." If Law can reverse Doc Q's DF after it had already effected him with Buso then Haki would be able to do the same with the Kage-Kage no Mi.
Yes he'd be able to return their shadow back to them. Okay? And? That's still not resistance to EE. What part of "the EE is tied to having no shadow in sunlight and not actually a characteristics of the df itself"
To which Luffy keeps evading. Also assuming Madara can match his speed.

The TSO doesn't start off instantly around him. And I do understand sarcasm but I don't appreciate it, especially with how you've been so far.
Actually it does start around him. It's in character for him to do so and madara can match his speed pretty fine.
And as we've explained, the EE is literally apart of the Devil Fruit. If a Haki user gets affected by the Kage-Kage no Mi (as seen with Doc-Q) they'd be able to reverse the effects of the sun erasure by activating Buso.
The EE is not part of the Df. The EE is a consequence of having no shadow in sunlight.
How is mind reading NOT relevant? As far as i'm aware it's something Madara can't actually counter.
Via the sharingan he actually is resistant
That was done via experience. In that instance he was not using Sharingan Prediction since it'd be impossible to predict with the Sharingan if your blind.
Fair enough. I was just pointing out that being blind doesn't stop him.

Last edited:
Because it's from the devil fruit that the byproduct ability comes from... The actual sun doesn't have any ability, it's the devil fruit that works like that by taking someone's shadow... This is stated to be from the fruit and not some sort of in verse law like sea vs devil fruits
that's not what yall have said on other threads, OP characters have two souls their Shadows and their regular soul

Not having a Shadow is what erases people.

The Kage Kage no Mi interacts with Shadows but it's never stated to implant some weakness to sunlight.

so why would Haki allow them to resist the conditional effects of being erased by the sun when they don't have a Shadow?
Haki has been stated and shown to block devil fruit abilities many times...
that doesn't mean it blocks every effect of every ability in the verse without proof.
Those instances doesn't mean anything, oden did not use haki in that moment, especially the negation type which he would need in that instance.
So Oden decided to stop his rampage because he felt like it?

- You have a native of Wano saying Kozuki Oden's strength didn't matter and that his barrier couldn't be breached (with Haki being a pretty known thing in Wano.)

- Oden completely stopping any attempt to attack even while Orochi is badmouthing his father's death.

If Oden isn't normally the type to stand around and listen to reason when angry if he could just Haki chad his way through the barrier he would have.
And doffy is a haki user, we see luffy's gear 4th Haki which is much stronger than his base haki, break them.
G4 Luffy breaks every normal string Doffy fires but still couldn't destroy the birdcage? that also doesn't explain Fujitora or Zoro. its not like Doffy Haki is spread throughout the birdcage at all times.

you also ignored the Law part of how Haki doesn't passively just neg everything. abilities can affect and then later need haki to get through them.

These aren't good arguments to be honest. The Barrier and Bird-Cage aren't something you can really "resist" in the first place. First one is a defense Barrier so there's nothing to "resist." same with Bird-Cage. The latter simply being an abundance of uber stronk string, it's not something you can really resist either.
the main issue is that every example used to justify it being a resistance isn't really an example of resistance but of power null.
the wiki defines Resistance as withstanding the effects of abilities.

whereas power null is the ability to nullify the powers and abilities of others, negating their effects.

DF blocks/negates DF abilities, it doesn't withstand them, it dulls them.

if we go based off these definitions Haki not being able to null the effects of the barrier fruit or bird cage shows it doesn't null everything and anything 100% of the time.
Furthermore if Haki was accepted as nullification (which it isn't.)
it is,

it's just also currently accepted as resistance for some reason which is kind of conflicting and needs to go

Devil Fruit Negation (Intense enough Haki can counteract and negate Devil Fruit abilities, seen when Trafalgar Law negated the effects of the Feminization Disease from the Sick-Sick Fruit[63])

Resistance to:

Devil Fruit abilities (Buso Haki has been stated to be able to block devil fruit abilities[57], seen when Doflamingo blocked Trafalgar Law's Amputate[58] and when Trafalgar Law stated that his Shambles ability would not work against those with superior Buso to him[59])

it's just strange to say its nulling DFs but also resistance even tho it's nulling them.

it would be like giving Asta resistance to every magic in the verse even tho his power nulls all magic indiscriminately.

or saying TSOs resist all chakra-based abilities ignoring the fact that it erases and nulls them.
then Buso would be negating DF abilities 24/7. Haki is meant to "block" these abilities from effecting the user, not to nullify the ability as a whole.
Nullification doesn't have to always work 100% of the time if its conditional and dependent on the power of ones haki vs anothers Haki.

even the power null page has this:

It would be a No Limits Fallacy to assume someone with this ability can nullify anything that falls within the phenomena their powers are made to counter.

so yeah Haki not nulling things 100% of the time doesn't discredit it being power null.

Last edited:
Not having a Shadow is what erases people.

The Kage Kage no Mi interacts with Shadows but it's never stated to implant some weakness to sunlight.

so why would Haki allow them to resist the conditional effects of being erased by the sun when they don't have a Shadow?
Literally already said why... It's apart of the devil fruit abilities
that's not what yall have said on other threads, OP characters have two souls their Shadows and their regular soul
does not change anything?

The only law was that Shadow and Shapes must have the same shape... Which isn't mentioned anywhere on his devil fruit databook and is a Law inverse
that doesn't mean it blocks every effect of every ability in the verse without proof.
When it's shown like that many times and stated as such many times... There is all the proof you need
Wano doesn't know shit about devil fruits, they are secluded from everything else in the world

So they have no reason to know how to fight against them with haki
G4 Luffy breaks every normal string Doffy fires but still couldn't destroy the birdcage? that also doesn't explain Fujitora or Zoro. its not like Doffy Haki is spread throughout the birdcage at all times.
They were pushing it back, they weren't getting sliced by it, that's them blocking it
G4 Luffy breaks every normal string Doffy fires but still couldn't destroy the birdcage?
Because it's made of stronger string? This nit pick/trying to find some weird anti feat is absolute insane...
you also ignored the Law part of how Haki doesn't passively just neg everything. abilities can affect and then later need haki to get through them.
Because haki users doesn't have intense haki flowing every 24/7... Which is how law got effected and then negated the effects with strong haki

it's just strange to say its nulling DFs but also resistance even tho it's nulling them.
it is not nullifying...

Law straight up removed the devil fruit ability, which is different to base arm haki blocking devil fruit abilities and does not remove the devil fruit ability...

It's not hard to understand

I'll save my counters for the CRT since I believe it's genuinely needed to resolve things. It is a bit counterintuitive to have Haki accepted as both nullification and resistance so at the moment we're both correct. (Despite it not making sense.)
How do you not see the difference?

What law did was use intense enough haki to complety remove the ability, something not everyone can do (since you need to learn to be able to use alot of your haki) (Something literally new, law learned in wano)
1063-011.png

the base ability of haki is to block devil fruit abilities which is both stated and shown many times
0768-004.png
0690-015.png

sigh

Because haki users doesn't have intense haki flowing every 24/7... Which is how law got effected and then negated the effects with strong haki
key word negated
it is not nullifying...
negation is literally nullification in different verbiage be frr.

That's why the Devil Fruit Nullification part of the page literally links you to the power null page.
Law straight up removed the devil fruit ability, which is different to base arm haki blocking devil fruit abilities and does not remove the devil fruit ability...
because the different stages are null at different levels. that doesn't refute it not being power null.
It's not hard to understand
it seems like it is for you.
How do you not see the difference?

What law did was use intense enough haki to complety remove the ability, something not everyone can do (since you need to learn to be able to use alot of your haki) (Something literally new, law learned in wano)

the base ability of haki is to block devil fruit abilities which is both stated and shown many times
you do realize that describing something as "blocking" and "removing" doesn't stop it from being power null, if anything it reinforces the idea that it is.

Power Null is the negation or erasure of abilities.

Resistances are the enduring of abilities.

Initial Buso blocking out DF abilities is a showcase that at a lower level it is capable of nulling DFs from affecting someone should their Haki be sufficient.

Intermediate Buso w/ knowledge being able to remove an ability effect on you is greater power null than before.

whether you label it block, erase, null, removing, it doesn't matter.

because it's not the enduring of an ability which is what resistance is.

you do realize that describing something as "blocking" and "removing" doesn't stop it from being power null, if anything it reinforces the idea that it is.

Power Null is the negation or erasure of abilities.

Resistances are the enduring of abilities.

Initial Buso blocking out DF abilities is a showcase that at a lower level it is capable of nulling DFs from affecting someone should their Haki be sufficient.

Intermediate Buso w/ knowledge being able to remove an ability effect on you is greater power null than before.

whether you label it block, erase, null, removing, it doesn't matter.

because its not enduring the ability which is what resistance is.
Wrong.

If Luffy has his Haki up, he'd be able to be unaffected by Foxy's slow beams because his Haki resists attacks like that.

If Luffy gets hit by Foxy's slow beams, he'd be able to negate its effects if he were to put up a large amount of haki.

What kachon said... Again not hard to understand, especially if you try to understand.

🗿
If Luffy has his Haki up, he'd be able to be unaffected by Foxy's slow beams because his Haki resists attacks like that.
If an ability you activate makes you unaffected by the effects of an ability it’s nulling it.
If Luffy gets hit by Foxy's slow beams, he'd be able to negate its effects if he were to put up a large amount of haki.
Mhm

Both are examples of power null by sites standards. One is using haki to negate the ability before it hits you, the other is using haki to negate the ability after it hits you.

Trying to shoehorn the glossary definition of the word resistances doesn’t make it a resistance based on site standards. It isn’t enduring Foxys slow slow fruit, it’s stopping it from working at all.

Y’all are arguing over something that’s accepted already and the site definitions or PN and Resistances at this point.

He activated an ability to stop an ability from working.
No, he activated Buso to resist Law's slashes. If he nullified Law's abilities then Law wouldn't be able to use them. He can still use them but Buso can inherently resist the effects of Law's DF.
That’s power null
I'm failing to see how Vergo not nullifying Law's powers and using Buso to resist the spatial slashes translates into power nullification rather than simple resistance.

Anyway this is an irrelevant discussion. At the end of the day Haki is currently accepted as both, so a CRT is needed to make it into solely power nullification.

No, he activated Buso to resist Law's slashes. If he nullified Law's abilities then Law wouldn't be able to use them.
That’s not how nullification works, even it has limitations.
He can still use them but Buso can inherently resist the effects of Law's DF.
Nulling doesn’t shut down the ability to try using the ability.
I'm failing to see how Vergo not nullifying Law's powers and using Buso to resist the spatial slashes translates into power nullification rather than simple resistance.
Because Haki inherently works on all DFs like y’all said. As long as it’s being used at a certain level DF powers won’t be as effective, regardless of what the ability is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back