• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm not very positive with that logic. Even if you're right and Luffy can redirect the Tailed Beast Balls with his rubber body, Kurama has the ability to fire his bijuudamas in the form of an energy beam instead of a sphere of condensed energy, so Madara could easily change tactics if he sees Luffy's rubber body redirect regular Tailed Beast Balls.
Kurama doesn't ever do this though

Kurama did it when he was fighting Naruto in his mind, so it's possible. Besides, Madara is in control of Kurama's mind, so he can decide how Kurama fires his Tailed Beast Balls.
that wasn't a blast. it was just the ball moving very fast to where it looked like a shockwave or a beam. that's why gyuki could catch it

post-katakuri Luffy
The dude who could dodge liquid explosions at 0 range without FS isn't going to worry about blasts, beams or bijuudamas WITH FS if you ask me

He can. He just doesn't.
As I've already said, Madara controls Kurama's mind and can instruct him to fight however he wants him to fight, and he has decent enough knowledge of Kurama to know how to use his abilities. Doesn't matter if it's in-character for Kurama to do or not. Also, on another note, don't the projectiles Luffy has to bounce back be small enough? I only ever remember him deflecting bullets and cannonballs, which stretch his skin and cause the projectiles to bounce back. The Tailed Beast Balls are giant, far bigger than Luffy. How's his body gonna be able to stretch against something that's bigger than he is?

Also, on another note, don't the projectiles Luffy has to bounce back be small enough? I only ever remember him deflecting bullets and cannonballs, which stretch his skin and cause the projectiles to bounce back. The Tailed Beast Balls are giant, far bigger than Luffy. How's his body gonna be able to stretch against something that's bigger than he is?
Tankman. Gomu Gomu no Gigant. Balloon. Gear third.

As I've already said, Madara controls Kurama's mind and can instruct him to fight however he wants him to fight, and he has decent enough knowledge of Kurama to know how to use his abilities. Doesn't matter if it's in-character for Kurama to do or not. Also, on another note, don't the projectiles Luffy has to bounce back be small enough? I only ever remember him deflecting bullets and cannonballs, which stretch his skin and cause the projectiles to bounce back. The Tailed Beast Balls are giant, far bigger than Luffy. How's his body gonna be able to stretch against something that's bigger than he is?
9x20uel.jpeg
gZmjTQp.jpeg

Luffy's willpower scales above itself in previous versions, which would follow this mechanic to where superior willpower makes it to where it counts as a layer above the previous version who has a resistance.
It is literally like saying that a hax based on a power system has gained a new layer because the user's power has increased. That's not how it works in general, otherwise characters like Aizen would have hundreds of layers of soulhax, not ~4

It is literally like saying that a hax based on a power system has gained a new layer because the user's power has increased. That's not how it works in general, otherwise characters like Aizen would have hundreds of layers of soulhax, not 4
Technically he does

And you're not reading my explanation for why that's not the case. Idk what to say

Technically he does

And you're not reading my explanation for why that's not the case. Idk what to say
I'm not a scientist but resistances should probably work like this:
Luffy can resist and counter people with fire or magma powers, but seemingly can no get close to the hottest temperatures like the sun. Basically heat resistances are probably like:
Resistant to normal heat
Resistant to fire or heat near fire's level of heat
Resistant to Magma/Lava
Resistant to the Sun
Resistant to anything hot no matter how hot it is.
Again, I'm not extremely bright but not dumb by any means, I just think that's how resistances generally work.

If madara puts his sussano energy on the biju bombs will that still be reflected? His yaska magnata or w.e it's called
if he puts the sword it'd be reflected unless the blade part hits Luffy, which wouldn't be reflected, but cut Luffy

With armament? Because I don't recall him reflecting sharp objects with his base body or energy attacks
I'm referencing his regular body's reflection, not his Buso

And again, the energy attack just takes the form of a blunt attack.

Luffy's main problem is gonna be dealing with the Susanoo and Kurama's durability, especially if Madara combines their power. Luffy's got no defense against the Susanoo's energy weapons, and if they hit him, he's basically dead. Even if it's much more difficult for Madara to hit him, Luffy still has a time limit with Gear 4 and he has to defeat Madara within that time limit, or else he'll just be vulnerable in his base form, which gives Madara the chance to blow the entire valley away with a Tailed Beast bomb which doesn't even have to be aimed at Luffy since it's an AOE.

The whole yata bead is the weapon there is no "blade" part of it

So energy attacks don't work on him unless they explode on impact?

Also this madara uses izanagi so if luffy does win a hard fought battle he can comeback

So energy attacks don't work on him unless they explode on impact?

Also this madara uses izanagi so if luffy does win a hard fought battle he can comeback
he's gonna come back in his physical body and Luffy's gonna go and blitz him then kill him before he can fully produce the susanoo

No, Madara's Susanoo can generate actual energy blades which can easily cut mountains and which he uses often. Madara's Susanoo can also generate Yasaka Magatama, which are basically shuriken-like energy discs which explode upon impact, so again Luffy's gonna have a hard time dodging all of those.

No, Madara's Susanoo can generate actual energy blades which can easily cut mountains and which he uses often. Madara's Susanoo can also generate Yasaka Magatama, which are basically shuriken-like energy discs which explode upon impact, so again Luffy's gonna have a hard time dodging all of those.
he's dodging those with ease

he's gonna come back in his physical body and Luffy's gonna go and blitz him then kill him before he can fully produce the susanoo
He's not gonna respawn in 5 seconds right in luffys view😭 it's possible luffy lowers his guard thinking the fights over. Since madara would be aware of luffys speed amps and other moves the moment he revives he'd instantly conjure it up

@cisco yeah I know I'm saying the whole thing is a weapon not just the blade part

He's not gonna respawn in 5 seconds right in luffys view😭 it's possible luffy lowers his guard thinking the fights over. Since madara would be aware of luffys speed amps and other moves the moment he revives he'd instantly conjure it up

@cisco yeah I know I'm saying the whole thing is a weapon not just the blade part
You forgot Luffy got Kenbun right?

Sticking with Luffy

More base AP, better speed and better precognition. With a better speed Luffy could easily wreck Madara's Susano'o with a strong enough hit. And with no Susano'o in a hand-to-hand fight Madara gets his ass kicked really hard by Luffy. In a nutshell: Luffy FRA.

Sticking with Luffy

More base AP, better speed and better precognition. With a better speed Luffy could easily wreck Madara's Susano'o with a strong enough hit. And with no Susano'o in a hand-to-hand fight Madara gets his ass kicked really hard by Luffy. In a nutshell: Luffy FRA.
Same

Luffy's main problem is gonna be dealing with the Susanoo and Kurama's durability, especially if Madara combines their power. Luffy's got no defense against the Susanoo's energy weapons, and if they hit him, he's basically dead. Even if it's much more difficult for Madara to hit him, Luffy still has a time limit with Gear 4 and he has to defeat Madara within that time limit, or else he'll just be vulnerable in his base form, which gives Madara the chance to blow the entire valley away with a Tailed Beast bomb which doesn't even have to be aimed at Luffy since it's an AOE.
I believe that with a better speed he'd be able to combine the speed with the compression to land a mad hit on Kurama and Susano'o. Besides, with more speed and better reactions, Luffy will hardly ever get hit by Madara's energy blasts. Gear 4th gives him a really good mobility with geppou, which is enough to dodge Kurama's blast. And with Buso he won't be easily cutted by Yasaka no Magatama or Susano'os sword.

Also even if he's not aiming for Luffy, he should be able to close the range between him and Madara really quickly. Putting him in a uncomfortable position, 'cause he will have to trade blows with a Gear 4th Luffy... Considering that it take some time to prepare the attack, it's reasonable that this situation may happen during their fight

52c vs 37c means madara can react comfortably right? Like he won't always be on defense like Luffy vs blueno?
Also madara was able to make enough attacks to combat hashis 1000 hands so it dosen't take long to conjure up the attacks.

52c vs 37c means madara can react comfortably right? Like he won't always be on defense like Luffy vs blueno?
Yes, but it also means Luffy's continuing acceleration, soru (which is a blitz amp) and future sight edge out on the reactions anyway.

I don't usually do FRA's but I came to this too late to add anything of substance-- so Luffy FRA

Also madara was able to make enough attacks to combat hashis 1000 hands so it dosen't take long to conjure up the attacks.
Well, I guess he wouldn't be always on defense, however I think he would, indeed, mostly be on defense against Luffy. Since is post Katakuri fight Luffy, he has access to Snakeman, that is even higher in speed than Boundman, which already creates a huge speed gap between him and Madara. Having all this in mind, I don't think he would comfortably react to Luffy ALL the time.

Sm wouldn't be optimal since he'd be doing like no damage. BM is the most optimal im
Anyways since luffy can reflect most of madaras attacks and his mind hax resistance is like 7 layers deep, what exactly is madaras win con?

Well, no many actually. His only hope is landing a successful Tailed Beast Bomb and other projectile-like attacks like Yasaka no Magatama and all those stuff). Which would be difficult since the speed gap is considerable. Maybe landing a hit with Susano'o Sword could cause some really good damage on Luffy. But it's also countered due to kenbushoku precog, so yeah. Luffy has more wincons than Madara.

Well, Luffy's gonna have a hard time doing any significant damage if Madara combines the Susanoo with Kurama to make the Majestic Attire Susanoo unless he uses the King Kong Gun. Madara's Susanoo is nearly twice as strong as Luffy's AP, and he's able to keep fighting nonstop with it against Hashirama for at least a day. Luffy's G4 has a time limit, and he had to hide against Katakuri to regain his stamina, which he could only do thanks to the unique properties of the mirror world. What's Luffy gonna do if Madara just decides to bomb the entire valley with tailed beast bombs? His Kenboshuku Haki can only do so much if all he can see into the future is the entire valley filled with explosions.

Back