• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions II: Daggerfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
There still aren't '''enough'''. I need '''more'''. I must sate my hunger for poster material.

Speaking of pics, do we have any for Magnus? He seems to have nothing except for his Eye or literally the Sun itself, as far as I've been able to dig up.

So, what you're saying is: that ball that one ******** Thalmor tries to take over in Skyrim is also the Sun?

Why am I not surprised?

No.

That ball isn't a part of Magnus at all. It's just named the "Eye of Magnus" as it is a powerful magic artefact.

The Sun itself is also called the "Eye of Magnus" in-verse, and is the symbol of the Mages Guild, as the light emitted by the sun is actually the raw magicka of Aetherius falling to Nirn. The sun is literally radiating magic onto the pores of mortal beings.

Right, good to know.

I'm still making a profile on JBW for random Thalmor bloke and putting him at High 1-B.

Oh, I know, he was just such a "muhahahahaha" villain that I couldn't even be bothered to remember his name.

Then again, that does fit with the whole College of Winterhold questline motif, in that it was boring as hell for me.

Any idea why Ancano was going to do that? Dude was so random, he didn't even get any backstory. He also didn't do any prep or anything. Just saw the Eye and went "Ima destroy Mundus" with this thing. Worst written faction antagonist in Skyrim imo. Mercer had a good build up and behind the scenes story with Garrus and Karliah, Astrid and Maro had motives, we learnt some lore about Olaf, and the Silver Hand could be excused for being an everpresent threat to the Inner Circle of Companions.

Ah, Ancano, that's who it was

My only guess is: he wanted to conclude that whole Thalmor directive of returning all the beings of Mundus to Original Spirits right then and there.

Either that, or the power just drove him crazy.

GalaxianAegis said:
I'm waiting for daddy TALOS to finally come.
Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!

We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you." Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

That speech.

EVERY. *******. TIME. I entered Whiterun.

If there was an option to just let the Thalmor invade immediately, I would've done so in a heartbeat just to shut that guy up.

Setsuna tenma said:
The Eternal Champion is not that broke
I just made a thread about him solo two most broken physical stand users in JJBA. Hero beats them all while probably being the weakest main installment protagonist in TES.

I should probably put him against the entire Naruto verse.

I just made a thread about him solo two most broken physical stand users in JJBA. Hero beats them all while probably being the weakest main installment protagonist in TES.

You put a Star level character against two city block busters with no durability negating hax. Him beating them is not an accomplishment lol.

KongKing23 said:

> Uses two 8-C characters.

> Puts them against a High 4-C

> The duo don't even have dura ignoring hax of any kind

Seriously, what even? If you really wanted to, you could have used Funny Valentine or Giorno Giovanna or Rohan Kishibe or literally any of the true broken Stand Users. Holy Mother of spite!

He's a God hiding in plain sight as a crazy homeless ranter. You meet him there and he sends you on your quest to gather Pelinal's relics and stop Umaril in the first place.

Talos also appears as a random mortal in Morrowind and gives advice and assistance to the Nerevarine. So it is something he's known to do.

So, I've been thinking: I know where guys like the Greybeards and the Mid-Game Dragonborn are in power, but where would a "standard" user of the Thu'um reside? What's a a good baseline, like say, Ulfric Stormcloak?

He's lying. Every single other source says he killed him with the Thu'um.

To wit:

"By Nord custom, once the challenge was issued in court, Torygg had no choice but to accept. Had he not, Ulfric would have had cause to call a new moot and a new vote for High King. Torygg had some martial training, of course, but it mattered little that day. When Ulfric's lips parted, when he unleashed the power of the Thu'um... That Shout, that ancient and terrible tongue... Ripped Torygg asunder."
- Sybille Stentor
"He thought he deserved it more than Torygg. And so he came before my husband and he... he shouted. With that terrible voice. Like something out of a legend... Or a nightmare. When Ulfric unleashed such fury, my husband he... he simply ceased to be."
- Elisif the Fair

Both of them were present at the moment of their duel and saw Torygg die with their own eyes. They have no reason to lie.

Also, when you meet Torygg himself in Sovngarde, here's what he says:

"When Ulfric Stormcloak, with savage Shout, sent me here, my sole regret was fair Elisif, left forlorn and weeping. I faced him fearlessly - my fate inescapable, yet my honor is unstained - can Ulfric say the same?"
- High King Torygg

I don't think Torygg wouldn't know the cause of his own death.

Hell, even the Loading Screen says that it was Ulfric's Thu'um that killed Torygg.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Why he's slying I don't know, but alright.
Because if he tells people that he defeated Torygg in single combat and only used his Shout to knock him down once, it'll seem like he became the High King through means of a fair and honorable duel.

Whereas if he admits that he just challenged Torygg knowing that all he'd have to do was shout once and Torygg was reduced to ash, he'd look like an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back