• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions II: Daggerfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be accurate to say that the magical schools are, effectively, hindering magical potential? To my understanding magic is simply exerting raw will over reality to shape it and the only real limit to this would be magicka and psychological limitation.

If there were no magical schools, simply raw will powered by magic, wouldn't the mage be vastly more powerful? In other words, magic itself is hax itself with no genuine limit other than mortal perception of reality.

StarSlayer666 said:
The bad thing about this upgrades is that most of the characters have became so haxed that's hard to find an opponent to match them.
It is more enjoyable to make mortal battles. Faction battles like the Empire vs Naruto Ninjas so forth.

I just noticed that this site severely lacks versus battles about factions/armies unlike Spacebattles.

Because i need to open this can of worms at some point... Is Masada VS TES Fair? Both have 1-A with True Godly.

DALOKA said:
Because i need to open this can of worms at some point... Is Masada VS TES Fair? Both have 1-A with True Godly.
For me the problem is not the verse but its fans. The argument of the whole "Taikyoku is the source", "he trascends one hundred times multiverse/creation", "there aren't things that can defeat the Hadou". I'm sorry if you like Masada, but I compare Reinhard with Goku: just because he is who he is defeats anyone (sans Yato, Hajun, Bernkastel or Lovecraft gods) and that isn't very objective.

How high up are the Elder Scrolls 1-A they sound baseline based off their profiles but I've heard they aren't

Ah ah ah, i was expecting those reactions x'3. I think however that the match up is bound to happen, and i'm not a fervent supporter of the Masadaverse, i'd just like to read such a vs thread. I'm not the greatest fan of tier 2 and above in fiction, but it's fun to talk about it. At least in my opinion, i can understand if you don't want it to happen at all.

Because there's one instance of a Daedric prince regenerating from a 1-A attack that sounds like an outlier. I'm with them being Low 1-C and having mid godly, however.

"This series has something that seems unbelievably powerful so I'm going to say it's wank / outlier and not give any reason as to why".

It would be an Outlier if it was fully isolated and contradicted by lower and more consistent showings, which is certainly not the case here, as literally every single instance of a God being killed in the series involves them instantly reforming, even when they are killed by vastly stronger beings. And as said before, the fact Gods are fully Immortal and Deathless in a Mythological Sense is a main theme in TES.

Heck we have instances like Molag Bal being completely destroyed by the power of the Eight Divines and his spirit just returning in seconds, or Mehrunes Dagon being erased across all of Time and resurrecting instantly.

Hey now, I actually like The Elder Scrolls. But there's a difference between a clear indicator of a character being a smurf in verse, and what happened with Daedric Princes.

That does get me to ask my usual question about stakes, assuming they're important to the plot. If any sort of defeat or destruction is the most minor of setbacks, how does anything get done in the series?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Varieties_of_Faith...

Tu'whacca (Tricky God): Yokudan god of souls. Tu'whacca, before the creation of the world, was the god of Nobody Really Cares. When Tall Papa undertook the creation of the Walkabout, Tu'whacca found a purpose; he became the caretaker of the Far Shores, and continues to help Redguards find their way into the afterlife. His cult is sometimes associated with Arkay in the more cosmopolitan regions of Hammerfell.

Matthew Schroeder said:
None of the gods are primary protagonist or antagonists and Elder Scrolls isn't a shounen anime with villains to be punched in the face and permanently beaten. Looking at it in terms of "conflict" is misunderstanding things.
Ah. I see.

I need to stop watching Dragon Ball lol.

To be honest the god tiers behave more like gods and the lack of "good" and "evil" makes it much more interesting

The characters from Umineko I think will be better rivals since in those kind of threads you can find a debate in comparison with the Masada-ones.

It's not like it's impossible for angry deities to be restrained anyways. The Dragonfires are specifically there to prevent the daedric princes from physically manifesting within Mundus after all and there are a few mortals here and there that have managed to reach a similar level of power, enough to handle themsleves against the gods.

Elder Scrolls is, to my understanding, Stasis and Change (As Anu and Padomay) with the world undergoing kalpa after kalpa, this symbolises Stasis yet with every kalpa there are different events, outcomes and persons.

In other words, the series is Static Change or Change in Stasis that changes in many ways yet is bound to a 'core' (the gods for example).

Why are we here but to fight?
Aurbis (the name of the Universe the Elder Scrolls takes place in) literally means "Arena" in Ehlnofex, the language of the Gods, which stretches into a cosmological explanation as to why suffering exists in reality. And Tamriel is called "the Starry Heart" because it is the Center of all Creation which acts as a literal Cosmic Arena for mortals and immortals alike (Stars = Souls in this context)

Nevermind that there is a literal Cosmic Constant based around Betrayal which pervades across all of Existence.

For all of the people saying that the Daedric Princes regenerating from Vivec's attack is an outlier, Mehrunes Dagon also regenerated from Sotha Sil and his chrononymic death whisper that conceptually erased him across all of Oblivion and it's infinite temporal axes, shaking the whole Wheel. If we would come to our senses and realise that Alduin consumes things up to the level of Oblivion, as well, we would also see that in the Seven Fights of Aldudagga, Mehrunes Dagon knows the Walkabout.

>Sotha Sil erased Dagon across Infinite Dimensions and shook the Wheel

Lolno, he affected the Earthbones and shook the "All-Axle", which is blatantly referring to Mundus, if not the Clockwork City

>Alduin consumes things up to the level of Oblivion

He doesn't, he devours the Kalpa and destroys the Earthbones. I.e His World-Eating is limited to Nirn

>Mehrunes Dagon knows the Walkabout

What are you even saying, the Walkabout is not literal, it is just a metaphor that in no way relates to the Leaper Demon King

J'zargo should be easy to make. I'd personally place even novice mages well above warrios like Aela as they have many statements of casual disintegration/vaporization.

Alduin is the tricky subject. I am still very torn between differentiating the kalpic cycle and Satak cycle.

Redguard myth demonstrates the Satakal is bigger than the entire Aurbis. It does not mean It is stronger than Aka and Lorkhan, but it is just really big and completely unaware like Anu and Padomay. Alduin as a shard of Aka appears to task recycling the kalpic cycle at the Convention in the Ada-Mantia Tower. His presence shifts all of Mundus, a multiverse not Oblivion and beyond. However, this Alduin managed to go across Aetherius like it is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back