• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls giants downgrade

I’ve found the frag energy requirement of soil, and while I disagree with using soil I’ll calc it anyways:

122000000 (volume from the op, but it probably should be smaller) times 0.15 (frag of soil) = 18,300,000 joules or 0.00437 ton of tnt, 0.00063 tons away from baseline 9-A.

The feat the giants currently scale to. I don’t know how to post photos on this site, so I’ll quickly go grab a link to the feat.

How tall are these giants?
In the lore they are 4 times taller regular people. But that was the problem with the original calc, the giant in the feat clearly isn’t 4 times larger than the normal person in the picture. So the guy should be used to scale rather than the giant.

Edit: just use Matt’s link to the photo, it is better than mine.

The recalc looks consistent with the other giant’s feats (launching people over the horizon and into the sky).

So if that calc is accepted giants become 9-B+. I don’t know who should scale to giants since I’ve heard many of TES profiles that currently scale to giants shouldn’t. I think Aela would scale, meanwhile the current high 8-C mages would scale to the 8-C magic feats (which I believe there is a blog over, but that blog is slightly old now).

Also thank you DemonGodMitchAubin for recalculating the feat.

I know this is a very late bump, but I just resaw people talking about this downgrade, and it’s nearly finished. The only problem I see is that people where saying the new giant calc needs to be anglized differently, which would lead to higher results.

Though in the mean time I think the characters should just be downgraded, and the two or three that need to be upgraded from the recalc can be upgraded later.

I know if we finish this:

Aela, giants, and a few other people (very late where I am so I don’t remember who exactly scales to giants) will become 9-B+.

Novice and Apprentice Mages become 8-C for the varies building level feats they have (Though we need to dig up some of those feats, at least they will be 9-A since a large majority of spells have dozens of statements of being able to vaporize groups of people)

A ton of characters need to be downgraded vastly lower since majority of the people that scale to giants shouldn’t have scaled in the first place.

Back