• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revision IV: Oblivion

in order for Frisk to obtain the CHIM it must realize two intuitions. 1) must understand that it is part of the dream of a God. 2) He must be so self-centered, he must love himself so much to believe which is real even if it is only the result of a dream.

Faruel1998 said:
in order for Frisk to obtain the CHIM it must realize two intuitions.
1) must understand that it is part of the dream of a God. 2) He must be so self-centered, he must love himself so much to believe which is real even if it is only the result of a dream.
It's a lot more than that. Simplistically. He must realize that it's a dream. Metaphorically, look at the wheel of the aubris sideways, see the I. Realize the I is God and You and Everyone. Survive Zero-Sum. Metaphorically, look at the center of the Tower and see the hole, look through the hole and behold the gate. Look at the gate sideways and see the true tower within the tower.

they are both halfway. Sans must be a huge egocentric and Papyrus must realize he is in the dream of a God.

However it would be better if they were separated, if they merge MAYBE they get the CHIM, if they both get it and ... they love each other they can do something better, create an Amaranth.

It's a lot more than that. Simplistically. He must realize that it's a dream. Metaphorically, look at the wheel of the aubris sideways, see the I. Realize the I is God and You and Everyone. Survive Zero-Sum. Metaphorically, look at the center of the Tower and see the hole, look through the hole and behold the gate. Look at the gate sideways and see the true tower within the tower.

I know, but keep in mind that even though I have been in Teslore for some years now I have just scraped the surface and then English is not my language so I had to simplify a lot.

SITHISIT said:
Basically the entire Yokudan Creation Myth pretty explicitly treats Satakal and the World as being one and the same, with things like Kalpas (?) being called "Worldskins" and the Spirits who were trapped in the Mundus by Sep's trickery being said to be "far away from the real world of Satakal".

The fact Satakal is an amalgamation of Anu and Padomay is a reference to the Aurbis' status as the product of the interplay between Stasis and Change, the intermingling of the two primal opposites which originates a Gray Center of Possibility.

This is also made blatantly clear in the Argonian Monomyth (which is itself identical to the Yokudan one in many aspects), where the Argonian Versions of Anu and Padomay, Atak and Kota, start "devouring" each other until they become a singular being, Atatoka, who embodies "MAYBE"

Atak named Kota for what it was: serpent! It put roots through the serpent's eyes. But Kota was old and strong like the root, and had grown fangs while it was away. It bit Atak. They coiled around each other. From their struggle, new things came to be. Atak learned things Kota had learned, including hunger, and so it bit Kota back. They ate and roiled for so long they became one and forgot their conflict.

They shed their skin and severed their roots and called themselves Atakota, who said "Maybe."

When Atakota said this, the skin it had shed knew itself. It ate the severed roots and even though it was dead, it followed Atakota like a shadow.

Atakota continued to roil, and each of its scales was a world that it devoured. But now Atakota was not in conflict, and things had time to begin and end. The shadow wished it could eat these things, but its belly was full of roots that were growing.
~ Children of the Root​
So, yeah, there isn't a giant snake living beyond the Aurbis or anything like that.

Are the Dovahkii's and Eternal Champio's early/mid game keys really necessary? The Champion of Cyrodil and the Neveravine don't have them, the profiles powers and abilities sections aren't split into keys which often results in a lot of needless arguing in threads about what do/don't they have, and just seem like they're more trouble to keep then they're worth.

Most people wouldn't know at which point Early or Mid game start and end. It hasn't really been said where Early Game ends and where Mid Game ends. They don't seem very necessary either. So I agree.

The Dovahkiin's Mid-Game key is necessary for scaling to some profiles and the Early-Game key doesn't hurt for completion. The Last Dragonborn has a very clear power progression throughout the main questline.

The Eternal Champion having an early game key is useful since it allows us to use feats from Arena other than Jagar Tharn, since that game doesn't rely on any scaling to later games..

The Champion and The Nerevarine don't have them cause their games are a lot more open and feats don't come up in their main questlines up until the ending.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Dovahkiin's Mid-Game key is necessary for scaling to some profiles and the Early-Game key doesn't hurt for completion. The Last Dragonborn has a very clear power progression throughout the main questline.
If they are going to be kept, I think the addition of some kind of explanation on what Early and Mid game Dovah has access to is necessary. Since the power and ability section doesn't have any dividers for his keys.

Why does Tolfdir have both subsonic reactions and massively Hypersonic reactions. Unless you have this | you can't place reactions twice. Also he doesn't resist reality warping; reality warping is how they cast magic, it isn't the effect.

Keeweed said:
Why does Tolfdir have both subsonic reactions and massively Hypersonic reactions. Unless you have this | you can't place reactions twice. Also he doesn't resist reality warping; reality warping is how they cast magic, it isn't the effect.
J'zargo profile has pretty much similar things as how I framed it to be. Massive Hypersonic is for lightning attacks, not reaction-based. Also, Tolfdir is a master in Alteration capable of tapping into Eye of Magnus. He is quite powerful.

"Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with shock spells and Reaction" remove the "and reaction" because he can't have subsonic reactions and massively Hypersonic reactions. Also how does him being "quite powerful" give him resistance to reality warping?

It is a typo mistake on the speed page, so I fixed. You should ask whoever makes J'zargo page, and complain with them not me. Magic in TES is basically reality warping, and I don't have to re-explain that.

It is reality warping but that isn't the effect it's the cause. Tolfdir would have to resist the cause of the magic to have resistance to reality warping but he doesn't do that, he resist the effect of the reality warping which is magic.

Back