• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Is there seriously NO Hylian or Sheikah that can just fight lesser enemies and that’s it?
Never said that I said that doing bomb scaling is pointless for anything other than doing the lesser common enemies

Like bombs aren't gonna be tier 7 or tier 5 they're just 8-C+ and because of this fact they aren't important to scaling anything other than lesser enemies basically since everyone one else relevant is either 8-A to 7-C (7-B if we're talking about botw) or tier 5 to some degree

Is there seriously NO Hylian or Sheikah that can just fight lesser enemies and that’s it?
Well yeah there are, but those are a way lower priority than the major players in the games. It'd be cool to make profiles for weaker characters (Wanna eventually start working on normal enemies myself) but the main focus are the more important characters.

Well yeah there are, but those are a way lower priority than the major players in the games. It'd be cool to make profiles for weaker characters (Wanna eventually start working on normal enemies myself) but the main focus are the more important characters.
I get that, but I'm looking for a profile to help out on since I'm basically not doing any right now (except Sidon). I'm kinda the king of mid tier characters.

Zelda leans pretty hard in the conversation of Ninjutsu element. One trained warrior might be worth more than Bokoblin, but they aren't worth anything decent against a larger enemy alone.

A single normal Hylian or Shekiah would also struggle fighting the most fodder of enemy. Even the best feats for the military like sealing Ganon still required the Sages to be present and assist them.

Prime example I can think of is the guardian robots. King Dorphfin has a legendary stone tablet written about him because he yeeted a single guardian down a canyon, something that happened because his entire military could not handle it. Then to add to it further, Mipha defeated three times the number of guardians with minimal amounts of effort for a random Sage challenge.

Overall, like most LoZ gods, the bulk of people in Hyrule are fodder. Which isn't shocking for a fantasy series.

I am going to go over a bunch of powers for monsters:
Pretty much all of them except Molduga and possibly some octorock varients + wizzrobes: a resistance to gloom's contact effects and probably a powers tab for the gloom's contact effects as they can be found in the depths covered in gloom unharmed and inflict the same type of damage gloom puddles do.

Natural weaponry with horns. Bokoblins will light their wooden weapons on fire if given the chance, a single bokoblin has a fire rod in breath of the wild and another has a meteor rod, additional in the coliseum ruins late game they have flame weapons So fire manipulation with equipment besides fire arrows and fruit. Air manipulation because some of the ones on battle taluses use korok frond fused weapons.

Moblins with metal weapons specifically in AoC can throw their weapons and pull a new one out of nowhere, there are also Octo Ballon Moblins (Flight, Earth manipulation, and weapon creation maybe because one of the octorocks can spit out a metal weapon) and Bomb Barrel Moblins(Explosion manipulation) of any color. Horn for natural weaponry. In the coliseum ruins late game they use thunder weapons so slightly more options for electricity manipulation.

Water manipulation for spit. acrobatics due to how high they jump. Body control for changing color. Self substance type 3 they don't sleep. Natural weaponary for horns, tail, and tounge. In AoC all elemental varients can shoot a ball of their element long range. Coliseum ruins late game has them with frost weapons for more ice manipulation.

All elemental varients have explosion manipulation and self destruct

That was debunked, no, he doesn't scale physically to the storm creation.
It wasn't debunked, the feat just isn't as high as suggested and if it was, it'd be an outlier. The feat still happens and scales to funny magic stick.

Why are Lynels still Building/City Block if they scale?
Building level ain't where they scale and mini-bosses are between 8-A and low 7-C as it stands I'd imagine lynels fall on the lower side of that spectrum

Lynels > majority of enemies. Link defeating a single Lynel was enough to make him a hero to the Zora and other than Link no one could stop one afaik.

So they're heads and shoulders beyond most things.

I jumped to the end because 3 pages of dialogue I’m not reading what’s up now?

@Dust_Collector you and I probably need to have a 1 on 1 convo as well (all good things, all good things).
All the major calcs are done, we got demon dragon render, im doing more renders, scaling is figured out for the most part, etc etc.

I just now learned that there's a bunch of different weapons from the past games

Holy shit, seeing WW's boomerang and shield hit my nostalgia-plagued heart so hard

I just now learned that there's a bunch of different weapons from the past games

Holy shit, seeing WW's boomerang and shield hit my nostalgia-plagued heart so hard
Oh damn really😭😭 yeah bruh there's tons of shit from older games

Yeah, like the OG LOZ sword, the Dusk Bow, Goddess Sword from SS, the whole lot

That's such a good way to appeal to the older fans of the series

The zelda wiki says: At the end of Skyward Sword, because of the time travel involved, the Goddess Sword and Master Sword exist simultaneously inside the Statue of the Goddess of the past and the Temple of Hylia of the present, respectively.

It could also be related to Hylia being back.

• Weapon Mastery and Natural Weaponry for all varients + Acrobatics debatably
  • Breath Attack for all varients, all standard lynels and fire lynels have fire breath(fire lynel's is stronger), ice lynels have ice breath, electric lynels have electric breath, and malice lynels have malice energy breath.
  • Fire Manipulation all standard lynels + fire lynels have fire breath as mentioned above, white-maned lynels and higher + fire lynels can create a fiery explosion, some standard lynels and all fire lynels use fire arrows, one silver lynel has a flameblade, most of a fire lynel's attacks send out fire.
  • Ice Manipulation via ice arrows, ice lynels' attacks send out ice.
  • Electricity Manipulation via shock arrows, electric lynels' attacks send out electricity.
  • Explosion Manipulation white-maned lynels and higher, elemental varients and malice lynels can all create a large explosion, elemental lynels' arrows create an explosion of their element, the golden lynel of the great plateau in master mode has bomb arrows(might not be canon)
  • Teleportation all standard lynels can teleport the special varients most likely can as well but this isn't shown
Source for AoC stuff: https://www.knowll.com/g/1614/hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-enemies-guide

So for stats should they be 7-B since Mipha thought a Red Lynel would kill her and Sidon was scared of fighting one?

Where are you getting 7-B from? Even if we disregarded the added context for these claims, that's like a 20x gap between them and 7-B.

Tbf Zora's have some zesty weaknesses. Fire and Lightning is usually instant death, and even freezing usually ***** them up bad which is odd because they've been frozen like thrice now

Back