• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

King Dodongo has just about everything and you're still like, "OMG finish or delete it!!!"
You mean this?

Let's go step by step.

No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has breath attack? The profile doesn't show a single instance of it, nor explains to what extent.
No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has flame attacks? The profile doesn't show a single instance of it, nor explains to what extent.
Magma Manipulation (Was the cause of the burning magma in the center of his chamber, and upon his death it all cooled down)
Zero scans. Proof? I don't even think is true anyhow, pretty sure it's just headcanon and never actually said anywhere so that's a problem.
Acrobatics (Consistently curls up into a ball and rolls like a Goron),"
No scans, no proof, no evidence. How do we know he has acrobatics? Also what the **** is a Goron? Someone not familiar with Zelda wouldn't know wtf it's talking about.
Also that isn't acrobatics but that's besides the point.
Bodily Weaponry (Claws, horns, thick armor-like growths on its skin),"
This is fine, but only because the profile at least has an image of the mf where ya can see all that shit.
Can digest nearly anything
Scans? Proof? When do they say this? Where do they say this?
(Can deal significant damage to Child Link,"
Ok, show it, wouldn't be hard to just clip the mf bashing him and dealing like a heart of damage.
Class M (Physically stronger than Child Link even when he has the Goron Bracelet, should likely be comparable to other monsters on this level such as the Gohma seen in Wind Waker)"
Why is he stronger than Child Link? Based on what feat and showing? Why is it comparable to Gohma from WW?
At least Building level+ (Capable of surviving multiple bomb detonations in his stomach, and can take blows from Link after each), his nigh-invulnerable skin makes him difficult to kill"
Ok at least sufficient, this explains why he's that high, should maybe actually show it, but at least it explains why. Except that last bit is dumb as shit, I legit can't believe we have nigh invul for a low end boss in dura.
Uhm, why?
Range: Extended Melee Range, Hundreds of Meters with fire blasts
Uhm, why 2???? That last one isn't even true.

I'd list intel and weakness too but, ya know.

And wow that's the profile. Where's shit like heat res? Fire res? We're told Dodongo's have flame resistant stomachs too, add that on there, especially given internal attacks an actual method to fight it. What about its weakness to ice? Poison resistance? Why not have a SINGLE SCAN? Could definitely actually show the shit it does like its fireball attack instead of assuming everyone who reads the profile played the game and that they just take the profile's word for it. Longevity, we're told they can live eons and shit so...? Large Size, it's big after all and would better convey why internal attacks even a option. And that's just super basic stuff that I'm shocked even needs to be mentioned.

Dude no, this profile is dogass, the fact you think this is passable, is a huge red flag. Worst part is, that isn't even the worst of the profiles we got.
Then why are you yapping to us at all?
Because we have standards? Do it right or not at all?
Whether or not I'm doing it doesn't change the fact you have to do it right. And fyi, i would do it, it'd just take ages, but I have no real problem going about doing it.

Last edited:
Seems like almost all your problems with it is that it doesn't have a scan for every single thing. King Dodongo isn't worth creating 15 septillion scans for.
It doesnt have a scan for ANYTHING. Hell it doesn't even EXPLAIN how, why or what half the shit it got, even fire manip doesn't even explain to what degree or what it can do with it, like that can be anything from having a lighter to some physics defying flames like Avdol, to what degree can it use flames? Is it just a basic fireball, can it spawn fire at distance, do giant AoE, etc.
It don't even have half the shit it should anyway.

Newsflash, this is required. You also gotta add references to everything now per wiki rules.

"king dodongo isnt worth-", then don't make profiles like him if you don't want to put in the effort. You keep going "who says theyll be bad", "who says theyll be low quality", "who says we wont index it properly", etc, and then you say stuff like that, making actual excuses.

I retract what I said before, I'm actively not ok with you making goon profiles, if you don't think it's worth putting in effort, don't do it to begin with.

Now I need to make some random goon profile like I've done twice with GoW lol

Got lots of options, I'd go with ReDead or Gibdo's tbh, they got enough stuff to make a fully fleshed out profile with some hax, would have reason to exist for active scaling, and also wouldn't be extreme like a Moblin profile despite being a goon, they got a lot of shit due to being in like every game.

Wizzrobes might also be a good option or Zol's because it'd be funny.

Got lots of options, I'd go with ReDead or Gibdo's tbh, they got enough stuff to make a fully fleshed out profile with some hax, would have reason to exist for active scaling, and also wouldn't be extreme like a Moblin profile despite being a goon, they got a lot of shit due to being in like every game.

Wizzrobes might also be a good option or Zol's because it'd be funny.
Oh I meant just random ass profiles I decide to make

But hey, in a few days I could pick up a random boss or fodder lol

Back