• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon's Dogma Discussion Thread

I've been having fun playing gameplay wise start of game is like 9-B to 8-C but like the things that are like 9-A and 8-C nearly one shot the player but obviously since they can still kill said things they'd scale but like very much downscale

Otherwise LS wise you're around Class 10 to 25 at the start

Speed is like superhuman maybe low subsonic~ish

Consistency wise at least so far there's not mucu in the way of big physical feats that 100% scale to physicals of the player

We could scale explosions to the player for a wall~small building level rating depending on if they surviving it

Consistency wise at least so far there's not mucu in the way of big physical feats that 100% scale to physicals of the player

We could scale explosions to the player for a wall~small building level rating depending on if they surviving it
I really don't want any spoilers but, considering that u have played DD1, is there anything at the level of the Seneschal or Tier 2 basically, by the endgame?

The fps has been bothering me so much that I kinda just dropped the game, unfortunately. It sucks so much since I really want to play it and finish it, but man the fps is so annoying. Not sure if the game itself Is badly optimized, or if its Denuvo acting up (IIRC Resident Evil Village had a massive fps increase and removed the stutters once they removed Denuvo)

The fps has been bothering me so much that I kinda just dropped the game, unfortunately. It sucks so much since I really want to play it and finish it, but man the fps is so annoying. Not sure if the game itself Is badly optimized, or if its Denuvo acting up (IIRC Resident Evil Village had a massive fps increase and removed the stutters once they removed Denuvo)
What are the fps issues? Its been fine for me on ps5

What are the fps issues? Its been fine for me on ps5
I don't have a PS5, I play on the laptop/pc. Maybe it is optimized on the ps5, but for PC, man... it is such an agonizing experience. Fps dips below 30 many times.

Honestly considering buying PS5 just for Dragon Dogma 2 and Demon souls ngl.

I don't have a PS5, I play on the laptop/pc. Maybe it is optimized on the ps5, but for PC, man... it is such an agonizing experience. Fps dips below 30 many times.

Honestly considering buying PS5 just for Dragon Dogma 2 and Demon souls ngl.
They are PC only issues. Low fps, stuttering, shut downs, etc. Very bad optimization.
I see that's unfortunate to hear, hopefully it gets fixed quick

They are PC only issues. Low fps, stuttering, shut downs, etc. Very bad optimization.
Its actually all platforms, but PC even has crashes and if u have 6 core 12 thread CPUs or below it, the frame dips are longer and more frequent and noticeable. But yeah consoles have a more tailored experience and u wont run into crashes and the performance is still bearable.

What's ur specs btw? Maybe we can mess with the in-game settings and ini config files to optimize it to ur specs.
Not that strong, RTX 4060 and 13400H, with 16GB of Ram, which should be above the recommended requirements. I tried many settings, but nothing worked, unfortunately.

Not that strong, RTX 4060 and 13400H, with 16GB of Ram, which should be above the recommended requirements. I tried many settings, but nothing worked, unfortunately.
Its good enough. Also the recommended is for 30FPS. Anyways, most settings are graphical in the game menu, which means they will impact GPU performance but the game is more demanding on the CPU in most scenarios. Things that might help are good quality RAM, especially in smoothing out dips. What is the frequency and timing of your RAM? Is it dual channel or single channel?
Other things that could cause stutters or affect performance could be because of VRAM or RAM overflow.
Also, considering the very limited settings in-game you can mess around with the config.ini and set appropriate parameters according to ur specs for more efficient async loading.
You can also share ur in-game settings and screenshots of your performance metrics to figure out the best solutions

Dragons Dogma is pretty much a messed up version of Dragonheart with Berserk sprinkled on top. Also the devs knew Strider was so stupidly broken (a beginner vocation at that) in DDDA that they split it into Thief and Archer in DD2 and well considering Thief can essentially use ultra instinct, well that attempt at balance went out the window.

Ok, well is everyone ok with spoilers? I know many if not all of you are currently playing the game, so I don't want to spoil anything if possible

Ok, well is everyone ok with spoilers? I know many if not all of you are currently playing the game, so I don't want to spoil anything if possible
You can do you comments like this example click/tap on either the mask or crossed out eye on the toolbar to post spoiler content without actually spoiling it for others (unless they actually tap/click on it).

Hey, am I allowed to join in on this if I have anything to add? I've played and beaten both games and got every ending. Though I might not have any information you all don't already know.
We'd love to make this discussion thread more lively and have more contributing members.
You can do you comments like this example click/tap on either the mask or crossed out eye on the toolbar to post spoiler content without actually spoiling it for others (unless they actually tap/click on it).
What Virgo said. You can also try this method for spoilers:

Last edited:
secfqd630ufb1.jpg
You didn't have to do my boy like that. Not that I disagree.

Before I start, I wanna say that I suck at this type of stuff, I will likely rumble, step around the point, or never really close any of my points. If/when this happens feel free to ask something and I’ll try to answer.

So, Dragon’s Dogma 2’s story plays a bit differently than from the first game. The First thing I noticed was the mysterious figure that helps you escape in the beginning. At first, I thought this was the Seneschal but it seemed strange. Not only was he taking a more active role (kinda) in the story appearing a few times, sometimes to question your actions, sometimes to mind control someone, and also seemingly just because he wants to like after the fight with the Dragon (Who apparently has no name in this one). There was no Everfall, no Seneschal’s Chamber, no becoming the Seneschal, no stabbing myself in the chest because being God sucks, nothing.

Then I saw this one post from OrionInTheCosmos on Reddit (probably not the best source but hear me out). The post basically tells you that The Pathfinder is NOT the Seneschal and that the Seneschal is actually Rothais, the Beastran man who lives in the Seafloor Shrine (Which may have been obvious but I didn’t really notice until my second playthrough and getting to the unmoored world to get the true ending). And while Rothais never confirmed this himself, everything he says basically points towards it: Many Arisen have challenged him and failed, lacks a physical form, his throne looks like the Seneschal’s Throne, has the Godsbane Blade, etc.

So then who is the mysterious figure? I don’t know if it was ever told before the end game but he’s called the Pathfinder, or as Rothais called him: “The Watching One”. The Pathfinder never really tells you who he is and what he does say is kinda confusing (for me at least). The way he talks sounds like he works for the “Great Will” and that his job is to make sure things go the way it's supposed to. The Pathfindertells you that the world essentially plays out like a storybook where every NPC serves a purpose in helping the Arisen whether they know it or not. The reason for all this is to stall/stop the world's destruction. That’s what the true purpose of the Dragon is and that your purpose is simply to oppose it in some way; your success or failure doesn’t truly matter this is the true meaning of “Dragon’s Dogma”. In this “story” everyone has a role to play and any attempts to break that will lead to the worlds destruction. To me, the destruction is actually just caused by the Pathfinder himself contrary to his own words.

I also think that the Great Will and the Pathfinder are the same being. I have no real evidence for this besides one thing. The Great Will made the rolls of the Dragon and Arisen and the Pathfinder said that it is his will to see the Arisen continue the cycle.

Lastly, I want to say that I don’t think that DD1 & DD2 take place in the same Universe or local Multiverse. While Gran Soren does exist in DD2 it's never mentioned by name by anybody, not even Rothais.

That's all I can really think of at this moment I’ll add in more later if anything comes to me.

Back