• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

An interesting thing I realized is that TotK Ganondorf doesn’t seem to recognize Link, or the Master Sword, even though he’s the same person each incarnation iirc

An interesting thing I realized is that TotK Ganondorf doesn’t seem to recognize Link, or the Master Sword, even though he’s the same person each incarnation iirc
No he's not bro...also he recognized Link right away when he was unsealed

He only knew who Link was because of what Rauru told him.
So he recognized link and the master sword, thereby you're wrong

And as I said already to this below
even though he’s the same person each incarnation iirc
He's not the same person from each incarnation like aside from still being ganondorf of the gerudo the man in tears is quite literally an entirely different guy from whatever the last incarnation of the character was in the timeline.

Hell four Swords ganondorf is quite literally an entirely different guy from the one who was from TP OoT and WW.

Its the same case here.

That's the difference between being killed and sealed, OoT sealed so its the same guy in the games after he reawakens. If he's killed then its an entirely new ganondorf so he won't be able to remember Link from before cause its literally a new guy as the last one was killed

So he recognized link and the master sword, thereby you're wrong

And as I said already to this below
You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. Course he recognized Link and the Master Sword when he was unsealed.

Im saying that he only knows about Link and the Master Sword because Rauru told him about them right before he was sealed away.

He's not the same person from each incarnation like aside from still being ganondorf of the gerudo the man in tears is quite literally an entirely different guy from whatever the last incarnation of the character was in the timeline.
Hell four Swords ganondorf is quite literally an entirely different guy from the one who was from TP OoT and WW.

Its the same case here.
Must’ve remembered it wrong then

You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. Course he recognized Link and the Master Sword when he was unsealed.

Im saying that he only knows about Link and the Master Swird because Rauru told him about them right before he was sealed away.
No I understand perfectly well and you're right that's the only reason he knew who Link was but that's still why he recognized him and ofc he wouldn't otherwise because the reasons I just said. So you can't really technically count that as him not remembering cause he never would've as he's an entirely different incarnation so technically rauru telling him and him recognizing Link as Link is valid
Must’ve remembered it wrong then
All good fam

But yeah that's why four swords had entirely different scaling from the Links who actually fought OoT ganondorf after he was unsealed

I ******* loved nintendo land bro yall just sent me down a ******* rabbit hole
Untitled32_20220928034315.png

It's so funny that Majora, a one off villain, shit stomps most of the verse with only 5 characters that beat them (Fierce Deity, Complete Triforce Ganon, Din, Nayru and Farore) because they made It's feats and scaling so disconnected from everything else that you can't scale almost anyone to the funny little mask.

Like there's no statements of the Triforce of Power being stronger than Majora, no villain is ever compared to Majora, with the exception of the Golden Goddesses and the Triforce nobody has feats that come even remotely close to Majora making a dimension with a star (Hell most feats don't compare to the Skull Kids moon drop). But that's why Majora's the GOAT.

Majoras magic makes realm

Link is durable enough to withstand Majoras magic attacks

Majora can hurt Link with physical strikes bada bing bada boom

Eh, focus isn't that much of a superior speed boost. Plus Ganondorf only uses it to dodge and do charge attacks.

It goes both ways. Afaik Ganondorf wouldn't have any resistance to getting his soul ripped out or transmutation resistance.
My bad on the speed thing but wouldn’t he resist soul hax on account of being full of gloom

It does have soul hax if you take the gloom club descriptions of "taking a part of the users soul" at face value but that doesn't mean Ganondorf resists it. It's his own magic, giving him resistance to stuff from Gloom would be like giving anyone that can stop time resistance to time stop.

It does have soul hax if you take the gloom club descriptions of "taking a part of the users soul" at face value but that doesn't mean Ganondorf resists it. It's his own magic, giving him resistance to stuff from Gloom would be like giving anyone that can stop time resistance to time stop.
I thought given he has the stuff inside of him and literally wields the weapon that is described as doing so.
  • Immortality type 1 or longevity koroks originally were and should be comparable to kokiri who are eternally children, Hestu was alive before the calamity
  • Invisibility or passive perception manipulation was not noticed by the champions until Zelda pointed him out despite him shaking his maracas to get their attention koroks in general can't be seen by most people
  • Teleportation can teleport as seen in the last video
  • Sound manipulation his maracas are able to release damaging sound waves
  • Magic his maracas are confirmed magic here, koroks probably have other statements about them being magical, he can use the fire, ice, and lightning rod
  • Summoning can summon koroks with his maracas can also summon fairies as a projectile attack
  • Broadway force his special attack makes his enemies dance as shown here
  • Creation and explosion manipulation can create balloons that explode when popped
  • Light manipulation at the end of his little dance his maracas release a bunch of small lights
  • Korok summons have rock, plant, and metal manipulation can create rocks, fortified pumpkins, metal boxes and chests to throw, flight with their leaves can also carry hestu, seems decent with their bows
Source for some stuff

Thoughts on this

I thought given he has the stuff inside of him and literally wields the weapon that is described as doing so.
Yeah but he's still the one producing Gloom, it's not something he had put into him and he learned to control he's the reason Gloom even exists, it's his special brand of magic. Can't really concretely give him a resistance to his own magical energy, we don't give out resistances for stuff like that. Especially when the easiest reason for why it doesn't affect him is that he just simply chooses not to use it's harmful effects whenever he's channeling it in and around his own body, he can do the same for the monsters in the depths where he bestows his Gloom on them to make them more powerful and remove their need to sleep instead of making them die.

Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf literally stomps almost the entire verse too. Pretty much everything he does, VSBW has to downplay into being an outlier.

When he defeated Cia, she had the entire Triforce at the time and he himself was missing 1/4th of his soul.
That's more Cia being dumb than Ganondorf being strong. Since if a nerfed Ganondorf could overpower the triforce.... why would he need the triforce?

It's like how in ALTTP where Mandrag Ganon had the completed triforce but for whatever reason shoved it in a room and never once used it.

Was Cia even using the complete Triforce in that scene? I know she actively uses and weaponizes the Triforce of Power to BFR Ganondorf but I don't recall her doing the same with the complete thing, I only remember her tapping into her remaining piece at the very end.

That's more Cia being dumb than Ganondorf being strong. Since if a nerfed Ganondorf could overpower the triforce.... why would he need the triforce?

It's like how in ALTTP where Mandrag Ganon had the completed triforce but for whatever reason shoved it in a room and never once used it.
He needed the Triforce because the ritual to become Ganon required it in Hyrule Warriors.

Back