• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

"First three seem fine, the final 2 seem like game mechanics, or at least the mechanics of the Tri Rod."

So we just yapping ig.

"Ice attacks freeze water, a unique interaction programmed into the game, must be unestablished mechanics based on the Trirod and not literally just cold thing make water go brrr"
"Heat attacks like fire octos, lava slugs and fire wizzrobes can evaporate water in a big puff of vapor, must be unestablished Trirod mechanics".

Man, you best have an actual good excuse for the yap, I really don't like when people clutter calc blogs with pointless shit for whatever reason.

I mean in the case of the fire I guess it could be argued the thermal energy required would not release red thermal radiation but we barely hold anything to such a standard.

it ain't that serious.

It's literally devs at nintendo went "this stuff is hot, so it make water go poof" and "this is cold, so it makes stuff go brrr".

Nothing more, nothing less, honestly, I'm kinda surprised they even programmed it into the game.

For reference, they can also instant ash various objects too like furniture, turning it bright orange then to black ash, or instant burning stuff like meat to a pile of black soot.
which means Zelda has a pretty good heat res tbh.

Bro took it personally 💀
If you want to say shit, you best have good reason for it.
Don't clutter calc blogs with yap, that isn't the place for it, it's an actual nuisance.

Like really, you know those get linked to profiles and stuff? Imagine, someone new opens a calc blog or just a visitor, and then scrolls down, and the comments just have dudes saying shit without elaboration.
That's cool, mixed signals, zero elaboration, actual yap that does nothing but confuse viewers.

So, unless you have an actual good reason to say, for example, an ice Wizzrobe shooting a ice blast and instant freezing a fuckton of water is somehow due to Trirod mechanics, as opposed to the very blatant cold thing makes water freeze, actually just stop.

And I'm not speaking just for me, I mean in general, calc blogs aren't a place to yap, so much so I even went through the effort to walk dudes through calc fixes in DM's or walls when I eval'd shit, not the blogs, as cluttering them with useless yap is an active detriment for viewers and cohesive profiles.

If you want to say shit, you best have good reason for it.
Don't clutter calc blogs with yap, that isn't the place for it, it's an actual nuisance.

Like really, you know those get linked to profiles and stuff? Imagine, someone new opens a calc blog or just a visitor, and then scrolls down, and the comments just have dudes saying shit without elaboration.
That's cool, mixed signals, zero elaboration, actual yap that does nothing but confuse viewers.

So, unless you have an actual good reason to say, for example, an ice Wizzrobe shooting a ice blast and instant freezing a fuckton of water is somehow due to Trirod mechanics, as opposed to the very blatant cold thing makes water freeze, actually just stop.

And I'm not speaking just for me, I mean in general, calc blogs aren't a place to yap, so much so I even went through the effort to walk dudes through calc fixes in DM's or walls when I eval'd shit, not the blogs, as cluttering them with useless yap is an active detriment for viewers and cohesive profiles.
Dang, I'm sorry I commented on your blog without permission then. I usually welcome people commenting on mine.

Back