• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Marco << Admirals
Exactly.

Several users before were trying to argue with me when I say that Admirals are far stronger than Marco, they kept insisting on Marco = Admiral, which is usually a meme among the One Piece community, but I couldn't believe that there were people here who seriously believed that. It is ridiculous.

Makes me question some people's credibility here honestly and how it affects the power ratings of characters in the site.

Makes me question some people's credibility here honestly and how it affects the power ratings of characters in the site.
This isn't the first time you're being vocal about your disapproval of our "credibility", and an overall nuisance.

You know you can leave, right? I strongly encourage you to, btw.
And how on Earth are you going to comment on our credibility, but at the same time is completely oblivious to the fact we scale Marco to Pre-Timeskip, not the Post Timeskip ones, which are stronger according to Jinbe.
You're also oblivious to the fact the original line never said "commanders", but "Pirate Subordinates".
You're also not paying attention to the fact they were in Udon prison. What, were they chilling there by choice? No.

This isn't the first time you're being vocal about your disapproval of our "credibility", and an overall nuisance.

And how on Earth are you going to comment on our credibility, but at the same time is completely oblivious to the fact we scale Marco to Pre-Timeskip, not the Post Timeskip ones, which are stronger according to Jinbe.
You're also oblivious to the fact the original line never said "commanders", but "Pirate Subordinates".
You're also not paying attention to the fact they were in Udon prison. What, were they chilling there by choice? No.
So you act like a moron the moment someone criticizes you? Can't accept criticism I see and acts like a bully.

Typical man-child behaviour.

Marco = Pre-TS Admirals

Marco compared to Post-TS Admirals is a completely different discussion

Marines are blatantly said to be stronger after the Timeskip
Wow so Admirals grew sooo much stronger in two years time, when they were already Admirals two years ago? What have they been doing for the past few decades ? They aren't newbies like the Strawhats anymore btw, so the same growth rate do not apply to them.

If they got sooooo much stronger in two years as Admirals, how weak were Admirals two years ago?? How were they even supposed to be the STRONGEST military forces of the WORLD Government two years ago, when they can't even act as a counter balance to the Yonko individually?

Jeez I am not even an Admiral fan, and this is the first time I need to argue in the Admiral's favor.

unknown.png

You unironically believe in this?? Oh my god cmon.

Last edited:
Yes. Imprisoned, likely restrained Queen.
Wow WTF.

You are supposed to be one of the major contributors to One Piece character pages right?

And your takes are worst than even the most creditless fans among the One Piece community.

You don't understand when the story is clearly telling YOU that Admirals are above commanders? This is supposed to be a hype moment for the Admiral from Oda, and it gets reduced to NAH Admirals aren't stronger than Commanders. Even headcanoning in Queen being restrained on your own WOW.

The site is called FORMER Udon Prison btw, use some logic at least.

You know what? I strongly encourage you to never set a foot outside of this wiki, because you would be clowned on horribly by any sensible One Piece fan in far more established One Piece forums and fanbases. They would make you cry your way back here to feel like you belong somewhere again.

I don't like the implications that the Pirate-Mink-Samurai alliance simply allowed Kaido's subordinates to rest and recover in Udon prison while they partied for a week, despite having an absolute military advantage over whatever remains of Kaido's crew

I don't like the implications that the Pirate-Mink-Samurai alliance simply allowed Kaido's subordinates to rest and recover in Udon prison while they partied for a week, despite having an absolute military advantage over whatever remains of Kaido's crew
The Beast PIrates already lost their captain and suffered a complete defeat in the war, they have already lost fight.

Their sole purpose after the war is to act as hypetool for Greenbull and potray that Admirals > Commanders, which unfortunately, ends up as people here interpreting it as GB murdering helpess and restrained commanders....

unknown.png

It is heavily implied here that the Beast Pirates attacked GB first and GB retaliated. How do you even attack GB if you are all prisoners wtf. And it is basically hard confirmed by his statement here that Admiral postion > Commanders/Officers.

Last edited:
The Beast PIrates already lost their captain and suffered a complete defeat in the war, they have already lost fight.
I know, but it still doesn't sit right with me. Marines have been running post-War cleanup in every Arc up to now. However, that would have been impossible in Wano because of the fact that Wano is inaccessible to the outside, so Udon Prison being used as something like a local Impel Down is a sensible extrapolation really

Lol who was the one being passive aggressive first when I hurt his fragile ego because I put his credibility into question? He wants to be a bully then don't blame me if I respond aggressively as well.

I know, but it still doesn't sit right with me. Marines have been running post-War cleanup in every Arc up to now. However, that would have been impossible in Wano because of the fact that Wano is inaccessible to the outside, so Udon Prison being used as something like a local Impel Down is a sensible extrapolation really
There is actually lots of contradictory evidence that Queen and King were restrained and imprisoned. Here this is one of them I found on WG forums that actually made lots of sense.

-Both being Ancient Zoans boasting high durability and recovery. On top of that, Queen has metallic cyborg parts that make his body sturdier, and King has his Lunarian genes that make him more durable. If Jack (who's weaker) can get up within minutes after getting downed in Onigashima, then so can they.

-Following the previous point, 7 days have already passed, making it even more likely they would get up. I'd argue Zoro received more damage from the Hakai in the roof top than whatever damage King and Queen received, and yet, here he is after a week, awake and energetic.
This is a man without a Zoan's durability and recovery speeds:
CPEjBop.png

-There's beer on the outside, implying they were drinking. Also, it doesn't make sense for Green Bull to throw that remark at them to age the booze if they weren't drinking it themselves...
4mKdkRn.png

-King and Queen were the ONLY Beast Pirates members to be thrown OUT of Onigashima. With Queen being the ruler of Udon prison, who has been numerously wondering what happened to his turf with Babanuki acting suspicious, it can be easily assumed that they went back there to check up on him AND recover while at it.

9TxoaMb.png

-They are NOT inside prison cells. Oda made it clear with the background drawing of the recent chapter that they're inside Udon BUT outside the cells itself.
You can clearly see the sky above:

pUkdGcn.jpg

THIS is what INSIDE of a cell looks like:
nJWdIIG.jpg

es2TFeL.jpg

THIS is what OUTSIDE of a cell looks like:

kJqRFXW.jpg

LwCwiTB.png

-You can see one of the watch towers in the area that were destroyed by Big Mom's O-Lin rampage long ago, further emphasizing this is happening outside cells.
3g3ZhKW.png

0L17kxb.jpg

And while we're still looking at this same panel, notice how the cuffs on Luffy's hands are positioned? they're restraining his arm movements by keeping both hands close to each other.
W8F0gsv.png

But with King and Queen, their arm positions imply their hands are free and without cuffs...

gq9WlSZ.png

-Therefore, as everyone else already mentioned, there are NO Seastone cuffs or any sort shackles shown in the scene.

Final Point (nail in the coffin, if you will):
-In every single introduction of Admirals we got, Oda always made sure to showcase their powers and establish them as threats. Whether it's Aokiji dispatching the Monster Trio without sweat, or Kizaru whooping the floor with half the Supernovas in Sabaody, they're always portrayed as intimidating opponents that make quick work of anyone they encounter. It's a no-brainer he would do the same with Ryokugyu too.

So why would he have the victims in this case be weakened? that defeats the whole point of the introduction: to generate hype.

If they were really nerfed, the average reader would say "meh he just finished them off cuz they were weaker anyway".
That's not what Oda wants his readers to think. In fact, Green Bull coming to Wano in the first place wouldn't have been a big deal if he's just picking on weak people like this.

Just look at this dialogue speech bubble and tell me honestly what its saying:
X7E876A.png

"give it a rest"
give what a rest?

"at my rank, I'd lose face if I let a few commanders like you get the best of me"
get the best of you? so they were TRYING to BEST YOU...?

Tl;dr: Oda wouldn't introduce a new Admiral just to have him shamelessly take out weak opponents. This won't establish his threat and power.

There is actually lots of contradictory evidence that Queen and King were restrained and imprisoned. Here this is one of them I found on WG forums that actually made lots of sense.

-Both being Ancient Zoans boasting high durability and recovery. On top of that, Queen has metallic cyborg parts that make his body sturdier, and King has his Lunarian genes that make him more durable. If Jack (who's weaker) can get up within minutes after getting downed in Onigashima, then so can they.

-Following the previous point, 7 days have already passed, making it even more likely they would get up. I'd argue Zoro received more damage from the Hakai in the roof top than whatever damage King and Queen received, and yet, here he is after a week, awake and energetic.
This is a man without a Zoan's durability and recovery speeds:
CPEjBop.png

-There's beer on the outside, implying they were drinking. Also, it doesn't make sense for Green Bull to throw that remark at them to age the booze if they weren't drinking it themselves...
4mKdkRn.png

-King and Queen were the ONLY Beast Pirates members to be thrown OUT of Onigashima. With Queen being the ruler of Udon prison, who has been numerously wondering what happened to his turf with Babanuki acting suspicious, it can be easily assumed that they went back there to check up on him AND recover while at it.

9TxoaMb.png

-They are NOT inside prison cells. Oda made it clear with the background drawing of the recent chapter that they're inside Udon BUT outside the cells itself.
You can clearly see the sky above:

pUkdGcn.jpg

THIS is what INSIDE of a cell looks like:
nJWdIIG.jpg

es2TFeL.jpg

THIS is what OUTSIDE of a cell looks like:

kJqRFXW.jpg

LwCwiTB.png

-You can see one of the watch towers in the area that were destroyed by Big Mom's O-Lin rampage long ago, further emphasizing this is happening outside cells.
3g3ZhKW.png

0L17kxb.jpg

And while we're still looking at this same panel, notice how the cuffs on Luffy's hands are positioned? they're restraining his arm movements by keeping both hands close to each other.
W8F0gsv.png

But with King and Queen, their arm positions imply their hands are free and without cuffs...

gq9WlSZ.png

-Therefore, as everyone else already mentioned, there are NO Seastone cuffs or any sort shackles shown in the scene.

Final Point (nail in the coffin, if you will):
-In every single introduction of Admirals we got, Oda always made sure to showcase their powers and establish them as threats. Whether it's Aokiji dispatching the Monster Trio without sweat, or Kizaru whooping the floor with half the Supernovas in Sabaody, they're always portrayed as intimidating opponents that make quick work of anyone they encounter. It's a no-brainer he would do the same with Ryokugyu too.

So why would he have the victims in this case be weakened? that defeats the whole point of the introduction: to generate hype.

If they were really nerfed, the average reader would say "meh he just finished them off cuz they were weaker anyway".
That's not what Oda wants his readers to think. In fact, Green Bull coming to Wano in the first place wouldn't have been a big deal if he's just picking on weak people like this.

Just look at this dialogue speech bubble and tell me honestly what its saying:
X7E876A.png

"give it a rest"
give what a rest?

"at my rank, I'd lose face if I let a few commanders like you get the best of me"
get the best of you? so they were TRYING to BEST YOU...?

Tl;dr: Oda wouldn't introduce a new Admiral just to have him shamelessly take out weak opponents. This won't establish his threat and power.
You certainly make a great case for Oda prioritizing hype over plot consistency

Lol who was the one being passive aggressive first when I hurt his fragile ego because I put his credibility into question? He wants to be a bully then don't blame me if I respond aggressively as well.
A person who is always serious about everything makes me want to cry, lmao

A person who is always serious about everything makes me want to cry, lmao
Hahahahaha let's try to be aggressive first when the other person brings out valid arguments and criticism, but when the other person calls us out for it, we say "Don't be so serious!".

How convenient isn't it?

Last edited:
Hahahahaha let's try to be aggressive first when the other person brings out valid arguments and criticism, but when the other person calls us out for it, we say "Don't be so serious!".

How convenient isn't it?
Respond normally, if your opinion and evidence are valid they will be ashamed and silent by themselves, without having to be like them and make you no different with them.

So you act like a moron the moment someone criticizes you? Can't accept criticism I see and acts like a bully.

Typical man-child behaviour.
How is Char acting like a man-child ☠️. Ratings change all the time. And it's expected from a series that's been going on for so long. Admirals were stated to become stronger, so it makes sense that they did. Marco = Pre ts Admirals, but that does not apply to the current ones, as shown.
Wow so Admirals grew sooo much stronger in two years time, when they were already Admirals two years ago? What have they been doing for the past few decades ? They aren't newbies like the Strawhats anymore btw, so the same growth rate do not apply to them.

If they got sooooo much stronger in two years as Admirals, how weak were Admirals two years ago?? How were they even supposed to be the STRONGEST military forces of the WORLD Government two years ago, when they can't even act as a counter balance to the Yonko individually?

Jeez I am not even an Admiral fan, and this is the first time I need to argue in the Admiral's favor.
Yes. They did grow that much stronger. They were literally stated to have grown far more powerful.

It's headcanon to say that due to them not being rookies, growth does not apply to them. Have you heard of Haki bloom?

Sengoku was a laid back leader, and at the time, there was no need for admirals to be as strong as they are now, so Sengoku obviously was not as strict. Now that Sakazuki is the Fleet Admiral, and the world is not a much crazier and different place than before, he clearly had no other choice but to grow the Navy's might.

unknown.png

It is heavily implied here that the Beast Pirates attacked GB first and GB retaliated. How do you even attack GB if you are all prisoners wtf. And it is basically hard confirmed by his statement here that Admiral postion > Commanders/Officers.
No it wasn't. It clearly means they fought back. Why would the Beast Pirates just start attacking Greenbull? He's the one that seems to want to capture them, so if anything, he would be the one to strike first.

No one is denying that Admirals > Commanders. Literally all Char said was that Queen was likely restrained. Stop malding.

Char was in no way being a bully, or being passive aggressive. He just told you that you can leave, as you seemed to be very upset and seemed to be genuinely worried about our credibility. Instead of attempting to change things, you were just complaining, so clearly you had no intent on doing so. The best thing to do would be to leave.

How is Char acting like a man-child ☠️. Ratings change all the time. And it's expected from a series that's been going on for so long. Admirals were stated to become stronger, so it makes sense that they did. Marco = Pre ts Admirals, but that does not apply to the current ones, as shown.

Yes. They did grow that much stronger. They were literally stated to have grown far more powerful.

It's headcanon to say that due to them not being rookies, growth does not apply to them. Have you heard of Haki bloom?

Sengoku was a laid back leader, and at the time, there was no need for admirals to be as strong as they are now, so Sengoku obviously was not as strict. Now that Sakazuki is the Fleet Admiral, and the world is not a much crazier and different place than before, he clearly had no other choice but to grow the Navy's might.

No it wasn't. It clearly means they fought back. Why would the Beast Pirates just start attacking Greenbull? He's the one that seems to want to capture them, so if anything, he would be the one to strike first.

No one is denying that Admirals > Commanders. Literally all Char said was that Queen was likely restrained. Stop malding.

Char was in no way being a bully, or being passive aggressive. He just told you that you can leave, as you seemed to be very upset and seemed to be genuinely worried about our credibility. Instead of attempting to change things, you were just complaining, so clearly you had no intent on doing so. The best thing to do would be to leave.

Sooo anyone who criticizes gotta leave eh? Wow didn't know this place is run by dictatorship.

How dare I question the way things are done or the few people who runs this place like a dictator, right? Oh nono, we don't practice democracy here, anyone who dares to voice their opinion gotta leave. Did I hurt any feelings here? Damn.

Amazing really, keep up the good work guys!

Sooo anyone who criticizes gotta leave eh? Wow didn't know this place is run by dictatorship.

How dare I question the way things are done or the few people who runs this place like a dictator, right? Oh nono, we don't practice democracy here, anyone who dares to voice their opinion gotta leave. Did I hurt any feelings here? Damn.

You don't have to leave. This place is open to discussions and opinions.

I do think it was Oda's intention to portray the Admirals as superior to Yonko Commanders like King and Queen, regardless if they were weakened or not.

Also Kaido is >>> His commanders as well.

Sooo anyone who criticizes gotta leave eh?
You're literally Twitter, blowing things out of proportion.
"gotta", we made a suggestion. We know you're ain't doing jack shit to change anything, and you seem dissatisfied.

Oh yeah, I'm the man-child alright.

I do think it was Oda's intention to portray the Admirals as superior to Yonko Commanders like King and Queen, regardless if they were weakened or not.

Also Kaido is >>> His commanders as well.
This was clear as day. Just pointed out how it makes no narrative sense to have a lot of the beast pirates in Wano not doing anything about anything if they're not imprisoned in some way.
But clearly that touched the little man's nerves.

You're literally Twitter, blowing things out of proportion.
"gotta", we made a suggestion. We know you're ain't doing jack shit to change anything, and you seem dissatisfied.

Oh yeah, I'm the man-child alright.
Also, dude walked out on a debate with Kachon when he showed them a singular scan proving his point. Bonkers how they think they can "clown on me" on One Piece knowledge when OP communities think WCI Katakuri can beat King and Queen.

Why are people scaling Greenbull to a severely weakened Queen? Smh.

Also, for the strongest OP characters, my list is:

1. G5 Luffy

2. Kaido

3. Mihawk

4. Current Akainu (probably)

5. Current Blackbeard (probably)

6. Shanks

7. Oden

8. Shiki

9. Sengoku

10. Prime Garp

11. Roger

12. Yamato

13. Big Mom

14. Whitebeard

15. Current Zoro

16. King

17. Law

18. Kid

19. Marco

20. Kizaru

1. G5 Luffy

2. Kaido

3. Mihawk

6. Shanks

7. Oden

8. Shiki

9. Sengoku

10. Prime Garp

11. Roger

12. Yamato

13. Big Mom

14. Whitebeard

15. Current Zoro

16. King

17. Law

18. Kid

19. Marco

20. Kizaru
Oh my gosh thats atrocious.

1. G5 Luffy

2. Kaido

3. Mihawk

6. Shanks

7. Oden

8. Shiki

9. Sengoku

10. Prime Garp

11. Roger

12. Yamato

13. Big Mom

14. Whitebeard

15. Current Zoro

16. King

17. Law

18. Kid

19. Marco

20. Kizaru
Never make another one piece top 20 list again in your damn life

1. G5 Luffy

2. Kaido

3. Mihawk

6. Shanks

7. Oden

8. Shiki

9. Sengoku

10. Prime Garp

11. Roger

12. Yamato

13. Big Mom

14. Whitebeard

15. Current Zoro

16. King

17. Law

18. Kid

19. Marco

20. Kizaru
Jesus that’s gross… Did you not read One Piece?

Back