• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

“Then Cynthia was wildly intelligent. You want to become stronger, right? Maybe I can help you understand her tome a bit better.”

Sophia would decide to sit down next to Tarak, a genuine smile plastered onto her face. All she was radiating at the moment was a genuine want to help the skeleton.

"Help...me?" Tarak repeated. He hesitated, unsure if he should share his masters knowledge.

“…You can help me understand…dark magic?” Tarak asked quietly.

Charlotte stared at Star Shard, quickly examining the length and direction of the slashes as she dodged the attacks with less than a millimeter to spare, breathing out as she weaved through his hail of attacks. Immediately, she used her vector manipulation to give her a short burst of speed, closing the distance as she launched a vicious uppercut into his chin. The blow was positioned perfectly so that the strike would violently shake his brain, knocking him out quickly if it landed.
and the blow connected, yes, but what connected was Star Shard, Rex and the sword changed position when the blow was a millimeter away.

if Charlotte were to use her hands unprotected, she would probably end up with her hand slightly cut off.

"Help...me?" Tarak repeated. He hesitated, unsure if he should share his masters knowledge.

“…You can help me understand…dark magic?” Tarak asked quietly.
“Of course, it took a second but I managed to understand the basics. It’s going to be a learning experience for us both.” Sophia would say, but noting Tarak’s hesitancy. Still, besides the fact that he wanted to learn about it, she also did as well.

and the blow connected, yes, but what connected was Star Shard, Rex and the sword changed position when the blow was a millimeter away.

if Charlotte were to use her hands unprotected, she would probably end up with her hand slightly cut off.
Charlotte stopped her fist at the last moment, using her vector manipulation to instantly stop her momentum. She quickly redirected the blow into a straight punch towards Rex's chest, slamming into it at full force if successful.

“Of course, it took a second but I managed to understand the basics. It’s going to be a learning experience for us both.” Sophia would say, but noting Tarak’s hesitancy. Still, besides the fact that he wanted to learn about it, she also did as well.
Tarak stared at the women for a few moments before slowly opening the book to the first page.

"Master would want Tarak to be strong..." the skeleton muttered, nodding slowly as he tried to convince himself it was ok to share her knowledge.

"...Do you comprehend this....?" He said. He pointed toward a complex magical spell near the top of the page, one that would allow him to bolster the dark magic in his body further to increase his strength.

The moment Rex teleported, Charlotte used her own teleportation to move behind him, avoiding the ray gun as she slammed her fist against Rex’s upper arm, positioning her strike so that the energy would enter him internally, forcefully dislocating his shoulder if successful.
Rex's body responded to the danger, moving out of the way, Rex himself sped up to turn properly and attempt to land a slash faster than before.

Rex's body responded to the danger, moving out of the way, Rex himself sped up to turn properly and attempt to land a slash faster than before.
The sudden increase in speed briefly caught Charlotte off guard. At the last moment, she manipulated her own momentum, quickly moving a few inches backward at top speed to avoid the slash as she transitioned to a roundhouse kick towards his head, again attempting to knock him out with a well-positioned strike that would violently shake his brain.

In response to Rex's dodge, Charlotte quickly angled her kick downward, using her vector manipulation to preserve her momentum. She slammed her leg into his ankle, the blow blasting through his body and violently dislocating the joint's around his ankle should it hit.

The moment Rex backed away, Charlotte launched herself forward, instantly reaching top speed as she slammed her fist into his stomach. She had used her Spatial Awareness to predict his backward motion, realizing that would be the only optimal direction he could dodge her attacks. Because of this, her attack became much more difficult to avoid as she began to actively predict where he would dodge to.

The moment Rex backed away, Charlotte launched herself forward, instantly reaching top speed as she slammed her fist into his stomach. She had used her Spatial Awareness to predict his backward motion, realizing that would be the only optimal direction he could dodge her attacks. Because of this, her attack became much more difficult to avoid as she began to actively predict where he would dodge to.
Rex sighed, he let the blow hit him, he could have easily dodge or countered but he already had what he needed, he had become stronger/smarter than when the battle started.

"Yeah, we're done" He said as he wiped the dust off his clothes and put away his weapons.
Charlotte nodded at the man.

"Why'd you want to do this anyway? You don't seem like the type to go around picking fights." Charlotte said, casually leaning against a nearby wall.

"Well done, what a great mock battle." Says Ryu as he claps at both of Rwx and Charlotte's mock battle
"Oi, thanks." Charlotte said, nodding at Ryu.

"Unlike some people who seek to surpass their enemies, I prefer to surpass myself, fighting against you was like a reference to what I do wrong, besides that I feel that I will face something in some point" Rex said looking at the woman, sounding something vague in the last part.

"Unlike some people who seek to surpass their enemies, I prefer to surpass myself, fighting against you was like a reference to what I do wrong, besides that I feel that I will face something in some point" Rex said looking at the woman, sounding something vague in the last part.
Charlotte looked at Rex for a moment.

"Eh? You thinking of picking a fight with someone or something?" She said, raising an eyebrow at the last part.

"Hmmm, all of the action makes me itching to do a mock battle too, how about it?" Ask Ryu
"I'm done with sparing for a bit. Rex might be up for it, though." She said, shrugging.

"Those are good, having someone to comfort you and hug you, it really must be something that gives you strength" Rex said as he looked at his hands, ignoring Ryu a bit.
Charlotte stared at him, her expression softening softly as she slowly crossed his arms.

"...I named my gun after my sister, you know? The one Elis made me. It....helps remind me of who I'm fighting for." She said quietly, shaking her head.

"...What's the point of this, Rex?"

Rex whistled with his two fingers and Brownie woke up from his sleep and walked towards them slowly.

"I guess you don't mind if you play with him a bit" Rex said jokingly

"Finally done." he said finishing his shopping.

"So let's see a couple of holy water in case of Demonic powers, mana potions to refill power, a couple of healing potions, food rations. That's it." he said having put those in his bag of holding.

"Time to return." he said going back to the hotel.

"Are you alright?" Elis asked as she pushed away from the hug, looking her in the eyes as she noticed her swift intake of air, wondering if she was having some sort of breathing problem.
"I'm just... not used to that kind of jesture..." Olorin said, using a lightly trembling arm to begin to wipe the tears from her eyes

"I'm just... not used to that kind of jesture..." Olorin said, using a lightly trembling arm to begin to wipe the tears from her eyes
Elis did so for her, manifesting a handkerchief and wiping her tears away. "Oh... Sorry, then. Should I uh... Let go then...?"

Tarak stared at the women for a few moments before slowly opening the book to the first page.

"Master would want Tarak to be strong..." the skeleton muttered, nodding slowly as he tried to convince himself it was ok to share her knowledge.

"...Do you comprehend this....?" He said. He pointed toward a complex magical spell near the top of the page, one that would allow him to bolster the dark magic in his body further to increase his strength.
Sophia would glance at it, studying it in under a couple of minutes. There was a small hum, a nod, and finally a snap of her fingers.

“Yeah, it’s pretty complex itself but the applications are basic. It’s to bolster the dark magic to increase one’s strength. To a being of the undead, there’s a natural attraction to the source of their reanimation. Every single bone, every single body part, is a sponge essentially. It absorbs dark magic and then can release it. So it’s like wringing out water. You need to envision both where you got your dark magic from as well as the source of your reanimation. So, imagine Elis and Cynthia then.”

"I... find it comforting. Thanks... really." Olorin said, trying to replicate the hug Elis did on the woman herself
"O-Oh...! Okay..." Elis said, a bit of surprise in her voice. "You should probably get some rest, though..." Elis then pushed away from the hug, her hands on Olorin's shoulders.

"If there's anything you need or if you're in pain, I'll leave Timcanpy in here with you so she can tell me... Alright?"

Back